Cowboys S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix immediately flees after encountering two bears

It would be fun to be able to read bear minds. I'd like to know what she was thinking when she stopped and looked back, then decided to catch up to baby bear. Probably "he's more afraid of us then we are of him, let's go eat him."

I was taught in the Boy Scouts some 60 years ago that you should look for a downward slope and start running as bears have difficulty running downhill.

A Mother and her cub...
Very mean when the cub(s)are around...
Good thing he didn't come between them...
Bears are relentless...
generally at least twice (+) the weight of any human...
Can run faster...
can run further...
can swim better...
can climb better...
and are much stronger...

Your only hope~out grin 'em!

Fess Parker as Crockett / Buddy Ebsen as his side kick George Russel
from Disney's "Davy Crockett Indian Fighter"

Both served in the Pacific Theater during WW-II
Parker as a USMC radio operator
Ebsen as a U. S. Coast Guard Lieutenant

:>---

SALT

I was taught in the Boy Scouts some 60 years ago that you should look for a downward slope and start running as bears have difficulty running downhill.
https://blog.nwf.org/2013/12/5-myths-about-bears/#:~:text=If you're being chased,to run away from it.

3. Myth: Bears can’t run downhill.
If you’re being chased by a bear, don’t run downhill! Bears can run as fast as a horse (35 mph), and they can do it uphill, downhill, and everything in between. A bear can outrun you no matter what, so if you see one in the wild do not try to run away from it. Instead, you should stand tall, wave your arms, and talk loudly but calmly. Back away slowly, but stop moving if the bear follows you.

Ha Ha is on his 4th team in 7 years. I suspect he's not recently been demonstrating the athleticism he's shown in that video.