Leipsic Leaving BVC

If I am Liberty-Benton I'd be getting nervous. If the best of the rest leave they are going to be in some serious trouble because the leftovers of the BVC aren't going to work for them and vice versa. You'd think they'd be getting real proactive and I haven't heard a peep.
Would LB want to join the NBC? Or even the SBC with the smaller schools even though it would be long distance.

Would LB want to join the NBC? Or even the SBC with the smaller schools even though it would be long distance.

It's not so much where they want to join, but who wants them to join. There's got to be a spot for them. Maybe a deal that sends LB to the NBC and Woodmore to the SBC River to replace Danbury? LB seems to have always been content being the big fish in the small pond. Maybe all this possible movement changes their thinking. They can't get stuck being with Arcadia, Vanlue, Cory-Rawson, etc.

Joining, or competing?

McComb would be a home run for any conference. With Leipsic and Bluffton in the league, PG and Arlington both make a lot of sense.
Joining, I was told these 4 schools put letters of interest into the NWC after Leipsic originally joined the conference

It's not so much where they want to join, but who wants them to join. There's got to be a spot for them. Maybe a deal that sends LB to the NBC and Woodmore to the SBC River to replace Danbury? LB seems to have always been content being the big fish in the small pond. Maybe all this possible movement changes their thinking. They can't get stuck being with Arcadia, Vanlue, Cory-Rawson, etc.
Yep those four and Van Buren don't make for a good conference. IMO VB is likely to be stuck with no other conference wanting them either. They are growing (not as much as LB) and could be left out from all the smaller schools in area.

This is coming from a very reliable source, a former AD from an NWC school.

THE NWC sent invite letters to multiple schools originally... McComb, Patrick Henry, Parkway, Arlington, and Leipsic. The only two that came back for a second meeting and were obviously Leipsic, and Arlington. Arlington pulled out of the meeting. I was told just the other day that 4 schools have put letters and set up meetings to join the NWC. These 4 schools were the ones to send in letter from what I’ve heard.

Arlington, Riverdale, McComb, and Pandora Gilboa
Take what you want from this information. This was what I was told. Out of these 4, which would you believe would have the best shot at joining?

Arlington has already backed away. I could see McComb and Pandora joining since Leipsic did. If those 2 do join it gives the NWC some buffer incase other teams decide to leave and would make the conference an Eastern location heavy conference. Ada, Allen East, Leipsic, Pandora, Grove, Bluffton and McComb are all close geographically. Riverdale is way out there in no man's land.

At the end of the day, 8-man football holds the key to all of this for multiple conferences. This may be the make-or-finally-break year for many programs.

Arlington has already backed away. I could see McComb and Pandora joining since Leipsic did. If those 2 do join it gives the NWC some buffer incase other teams decide to leave and would make the conference an Eastern location heavy conference. Ada, Allen East, Leipsic, Pandora, Grove, Bluffton and McComb are all close geographically. Riverdale is way out there in no man's land.
PG being added would make 9 correct? If so, I think they have to add a western member just so it isn't so heavily eastern and an even 10. Again those options are very limited.

Pandora/McComb and Parkway is what they need.
No matter how much you'd like to see it happen, Parkway is not going to join the NWC. It simply is not going to happen.

If they want to target a "western" member, Wayne Trace is basically their only option.

No matter how much you'd like to see it happen, Parkway is not going to join the NWC. It simply is not going to happen.

If they want to target a "western" member, Wayne Trace is basically their only option.

Highly doubt WT would go anywhere. Travel in the GMC is good and both county schools arevwith them now. The only reason would be to join Crestview, but I don't see trading the GMC where Paulding is 7 miles away and everyone is within around 45 miles being worth it when Crestview is 17 miles and Ada is almost an hour.

Not like they dominate the GMC, and they play Crestview anyway.

With Paulding just joining, I dont see WT leaving the GMC.

Pandora/McComb and Parkway is what they need.

Not understanding you statement The NWC doesn't "need" anyone. The NWC was/is a very stable conference before Leipsic joined and will be after. I agreed with adding a team to make up for the loss of Paulding but to say PG/McComb/Parkway is what the NWC needs is the same as saying the MAC needs Anna for all sports, no they don't

Not understanding you statement The NWC doesn't "need" anyone. The NWC was/is a very stable conference before Leipsic joined and will be after. I agreed with adding a team to make up for the loss of Paulding but to say PG/McComb/Parkway is what the NWC needs is the same as saying the MAC needs Anna for all sports, no they don't
Parkway would be the PERFECT member for the NWC. McComb is a great program, PG would give Leipsic a good rival. they would add two of these schools if they were interested and it would improve the conference.

Parkway would be the PERFECT member for the NWC. McComb is a great program, PG would give Leipsic a good rival. they would add two of these schools if they were interested and it would improve the conference.
Not saying any of this is not true (except the part of Parkway being perfect for the NWC, which I don't see at all) but what I am saying is the NWC does not NEED any of these team to be successful or stable. Add them sure, but is it a necessity to survive? No

Highly doubt WT would go anywhere. Travel in the GMC is good and both county schools arevwith them now. The only reason would be to join Crestview, but I don't see trading the GMC where Paulding is 7 miles away and everyone is within around 45 miles being worth it when Crestview is 17 miles and Ada is almost an hour.

Not like they dominate the GMC, and they play Crestview anyway.
I don't think Wayne Trace would leave, either, but it's basically the only school the NWC could even approach that would make any lick of sense.

This just highlights that you don't really know what you're talking about. Parkway would not be the perfect member for the NWC. It's pretty geographically far from half the conference. Would it make sense for Crestview, Lincolnview, Spencerville and Delphos Jefferson. But everyone else? Horrible fit.

P-G, whose biggest rival is Columbus Grove, would be a good rival for Leipsic if they joined the NWC?

This just highlights that you don't really know what you're talking about. Parkway would not be the perfect member for the NWC. It's pretty geographically far from half the conference. Would it make sense for Crestview, Lincolnview, Spencerville and Delphos Jefferson. But everyone else? Horrible fit.

P-G, whose biggest rival is Columbus Grove, would be a good rival for Leipsic if they joined the NWC?
i’m sorry but i can’t think of one school from the “west” that would make more sense to add. it makes sense competitively and pretty well geographically. the rivalries are there. Parkway belongs in the NWC, not the MAC. they just haven’t realized it.

i’m sorry but i can’t think of one school from the “west” that would make more sense to add. it makes sense competitively and pretty well geographically. the rivalries are there. Parkway belongs in the NWC, not the MAC. they just haven’t realized it.
Yeah, after 45 years of being in the MAC, Parkway hasn't figured it out yet. ??

Yeah, after 45 years of being in the MAC, Parkway hasn't figured it out yet. ??
just not much of a fit anymore.. and i’m not the only one to see it. if you’re a Parkway homer that would be embarrassed to leave such a great conference- don’t be. would be in the best interest of the program.

just not much of a fit anymore.. and i’m not the only one to see it. if you’re a Parkway homer that would be embarrassed to leave such a great conference- don’t be. would be in the best interest of the program.
Parkway is not a geographical fit for the NWC. They are 60 miles or 1 hr from Ada and would be 55 miles, 1 1/4 hrs to NWC's newest member Leipsic. Even the closest NWC member, Crestview, is 20 miles, 27 minutes away
On the flip side, Parkway's furthest opponent in the MAC, Versailles, 38 1/2 miles, 47 minutes, its closest? Coldwater, is a mere 15 miles away
Competively , they would fit in the NWC but the travel to the NWC schools would be ridiculous especially for jr high events in the middle of the week

What about the other school in delphos? ?? All the sports of the NWC, less travel time than the majority of their MAC schedule, and school size is not far off from Crestview, Leipsic, and Ada, and they don't have to get beat on by Marion Local and Coldwater anymore

What about the other school in delphos? ?? All the sports of the NWC, less travel time than the majority of their MAC schedule, and school size is not far off from Crestview, Leipsic, and Ada, and they don't have to get beat on by Marion Local and Coldwater anymore
i completely agree. i say Parkway because i see a lot lower of a chance of St. john’s leaving the MAC. but it makes complete sense, and i would support that move.

Not sure NWC wants DSJ. The rumor is they were not sent a letter from NWC about their interest. I wonder if they don't want a private school, Jefferson not wanting them in the NWC, fear DSJ may close or drop football soon or some other reason.

Liberty Benton
PG
Van Buren
Riverdale
McComb
Arlington
Elmwood
North Baltimore
Arcadia

This would look like a good league, it’s basically the BVC schools that would probably have 11 man and Elmwood and they’re all geographically close

Plus would it be crazy to think that Liberty Benton would join the WBL if there was ever an opening? If Defiance or Kenton for example left. LB is just as big as Lima Bath and OG

Shh, don't let the LB people know that. You know they're afraid of competition.

Totally agree that the NWC has better teams top to bottom, the bottom of the BVC is pretty weak. But if you are Leipsic would you rather go 8-2 with a playoff game or 6-4, but hey you made a couple extra thousand bucks in ticket sales? Leipsic was playing for a regional championship last season and the season before the BVC produced the D7 state champ.
Plus who is to say that the NWC fans are gonna be pumped about another game in Putnam county, it’s and extra 30 minutes past Grove and once you have been to Leipsic once, not a lot of reasons to come back again.
Last note, yes Vanlue should drop to 8 man, but Arcadia has ok numbers for a small school and CR would benefit greatly from dropping boys soccer. They were making the playoffs a dozen years ago.
6-4 in the NWC when Leipsic is D7, and most seasons everyone else is D6, will get you in the playoffs. That's the difference.

You realize PG and Leipsic would still play each other in every sport, including football (non league even). It's called the PCL.

Parkway is not a geographical fit for the NWC. They are 60 miles or 1 hr from Ada and would be 55 miles, 1 1/4 hrs to NWC's newest member Leipsic. Even the closest NWC member, Crestview, is 20 miles, 27 minutes away
On the flip side, Parkway's furthest opponent in the MAC, Versailles, 38 1/2 miles, 47 minutes, its closest? Coldwater, is a mere 15 miles away
Competively , they would fit in the NWC but the travel to the NWC schools would be ridiculous especially for jr high events in the middle of the week
Cause of US 30, Ada is not a bad drive.

Cause of US 30, Ada is not a bad drive.

I can confirm that. I have no ties to the NWC except living in Paulding, but driving from Ada to Paulding after the Defiance/Bryan game at ONU was a breeze.

Although, Google maps shows 33 to 75 to 81 being the quickest way from Parkway to Ada. Also not a terrible drive but definitely not as convenient as what they have in the MAC.