How Would Expanded Football Playoffs Worked In 2019?

2 3-7 teams would have made it. Multiple 4-6 ones.

Might as well just put everyone in at that point.

Doing this devalues even further the value of winning a league championship. I'm not sure it means anything now. I can see more second tier players playing a lot more, not necessarily a bad thing, due to the fact that 4-6 will get a team in the post season in many cases. The quality of the play will drop during the season with top tier players resting waiting for the playoffs.

Doing this devalues even further the value of winning a league championship. I'm not sure it means anything now. I can see more second tier players playing a lot more, not necessarily a bad thing, due to the fact that 4-6 will get a team in the post season in many cases. The quality of the play will drop during the season with top tier players resting waiting for the playoffs.
No.
It doesnt.
League championships will ALWAYS be valuable.

ALWAYS.

To be quite honest with you, how one does in the playoffs is what you remember as players, teams and fans. Yeah, league titles are nice but quickly forgotten.
It is ALL about A. If you made the playoffs and B. How well you did in the playoffs.

You thinking this will effect enough teams with "load" management like the NBA? Sit players like the NFL when they have a BYE wrapped up?
I dont see that being much of a factor.

Maybe it helps the health of some players. By having those extra teams maybe they dont rush little Timmy back from his injury so quickly.
Some want to focus on the bad records that would make it but conveniently ignore the scores of 7+ win teams that WOULD make it.......

Every time a sport, at any level, adds teams to their postseason people say the same thing how it will water down the playoffs, make the regular season irrelevant and make make it less of an accomplishment.

Simply just has not happened that way.

S

I understand that's your opinion but that's not i have observed. Load management is happening more every year with the usual playoff contenders, especially with strong teams with questionable schedules. Scheduling up has helped but league titles mean little now, especially with fewer and fewer rivalries with longer travel times. I liked it better when teams could schedule other local teams. It seems now schools are scheduling for points rather than league titles.

D4-R16 2020:
1-4:

Wyoming
Massie
Waynesville
Kenton
5-12
Indian Hill vs. Spfld Northwestern
Roger Bacon vs Archbishop McNicholas
Valley View vs. Bethel Tate
Milton-Union vs. Washington CH

No big change

No.
It doesnt.
League championships will ALWAYS be valuable.

ALWAYS.

To be quite honest with you, how one does in the playoffs is what you remember as players, teams and fans. Yeah, league titles are nice but quickly forgotten.
It is ALL about A. If you made the playoffs and B. How well you did in the playoffs.

You thinking this will effect enough teams with "load" management like the NBA? Sit players like the NFL when they have a BYE wrapped up?
I dont see that being much of a factor.

Maybe it helps the health of some players. By having those extra teams maybe they dont rush little Timmy back from his injury so quickly.
Some want to focus on the bad records that would make it but conveniently ignore the scores of 7+ win teams that WOULD make it.......

Every time a sport, at any level, adds teams to their postseason people say the same thing how it will water down the playoffs, make the regular season irrelevant and make make it less of an accomplishment.

Simply just has not happened that way.

S
Totally disagree, IMO Marion Local defeating The "U" in 07 meant a lot more than winning the D - 6 title that same year which they would have been in if their would have been 7 divisions. I want to see competitive football not this watered down crap we currently have and I think a majority of fans would as well.

Totally disagree, IMO Marion Local defeating The "U" in 07 meant a lot more than winning the D - 6 title that same year which they would have been in if their would have been 7 divisions. I want to see competitive football not this watered down crap we currently have and I think a majority of fans would as well.
If MSML wants competitiveness come the playoffs they need to move up a few divisions!!!!
"Meant a lot more"........i guess that really is all objective. Obviously in the grand scheme of things winning a title if there was only 3 divisions would mean more, yeah I get that.

But does winning a state title now there are 7 divisions mean anything less to the kids? School? Heck, even the fans in the grand scheme of things?

If my school is fortunate enough to win a state championship in the future it is not going to mean any less to me, nor the players/parents I suppose.

I can use myself as a prime example: I was lucky enough to be on a team that one a title before, and after, adding a division. The title in the years with less divisions doesnt hold anything more special than the other one even if it meant there was an additional team with a title that season.

But I will always respect a Steiners opinion.

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend y'all. Remember the reason for the season.

Many have sacrificed their lives to preserve our way of life. Many of the freedoms we had recently taken away from us was gained, and preserved, by those who spilled blood to defend the American way of life. The sort of oppressive government we have put up with the last 8 weeks is the norm many places around the world.

I wish you all a solid holiday weekend and hope many practice responsible social disobedience.