Spring Football Prediction // ThisWeek + Snodgrass

So in other words the children who play baseball are worth less than or inferior to those that play football. Not a baseball fan but more than likely most football players will have those baseball players as their BOSSES years later.

No, I'm saying football being played at same time is hardly a concern for baseball. Both share some of the same athletes but it's whatever, no is using baseball in Ohio to make judgement on decisions at anytime.

I saw a video interview with Snodgrass saying switching sports from fall to spring or swapping spring and fall is not being considered a real option.

Yes, that was from a few weeks ago. Look at the article above. I am telling you, they will never just go out and cancel football, the rest of sports, yes, but they will delay it before anything .

That being said, I don't think any sports should or will be played in the Fall. I am one of those mask-wearing people, just stating the facts.

No, I'm saying football being played at same time is hardly a concern for baseball. Both share some of the same athletes but it's whatever, no is using baseball in Ohio to make judgement on decisions at anytime.
I can assure you there are many schools that wouldn't be able to pull baseball and football off in the same season.

Yes, that was from a few weeks ago. Look at the article above. I am telling you, they will never just go out and cancel football, the rest of sports, yes, but they will delay it before anything .

That being said, I don't think any sports should or will be played in the Fall. I am one of those mask-wearing people, just stating the facts.
Football will be delayed maybe in the fall but they will not play fall sports over top of the spring sports. I read the article above and it says nothing about playing fall sports in the spring as the final solution.

In schools that drive decisions, D1-D3, elite private schools, they'll be fine. Small schools, tough.
There is merit in what you say about certain schools driving a decision, but the OHSAA will not upset 85% of their members to satisfy 15%

Football will be delayed maybe in the fall but they will not play fall sports over top of the spring sports. I read the article above and it says nothing about playing fall sports in the spring as the final solution.

You guys are killing me. Only one sport matters to make the money they need and HS's need from the Fall....football. I am not saying Fall Sports will be played on top of Spring Sports, I am saying football will be played in late February (season March)-early May. I can't imagine one AD who wouldn't support this to make this happen. Too much money, a lot more extra time to figure out testing if necessary.

There is merit in what you say about certain schools driving a decision, but the OHSAA will not upset 85% of their members to satisfy 15%

You'd be surprised at how many communities and AD's would not mind if football interfered a bit with other sports.

Is there anything comparable to a Friday Night in the Fall with any other sport (don't forget, you get band, cheerleading, fundraisers all on the same evening)? Not even close. Basketball can really pack some stands a few nights a year, but not like the stadium stands.

I don't care if it is Mentor or Vincent Warren, you ask 95% of schools in Ohio what the priority is on that campus other than academics...

The same reason why they couldn't play the baseball from April to May/early June when the pandemic was in its early stages. Because this contagion kills people, and it's killed plenty of people. What is so hard about everyone getting with the damn program on this?

Basically everyone realizes our country is woefully screwed with the coronavirus for the time being. Every significant public policy approach, based off the lead of public health professionals, aimed at keeping our society healthy amidst the pandemic isn't designed with "making sure high school sports are played" in mind. The commissioner of the OHSAA, who is grounded in this reality and knows to not make promises he can't keep, is doing all that he can to stay informed on this topic and keep everyone in the loop.

If we don't have football or if we have an adjusted season (this seems most likely right now, but it's still May), it wasn't for no good reason. Full stop.

You couldn't be more incorrect, I'd say less than a week ago I was on "Team We Have Zero Chance of Playing This Fall"

I think we have zero chance of playing this fall is a lot more likely than football in the spring. And I was confusing you with The Dock, for that I apologize. With that said, I still think it would be highly irresponsible and dangerous to have kids playing football in both the spring and fall of 2021. It's just not enough time for the body and the brain to recover. Not to mention the issue with getting equipment reconditioned (as every helmet has to be following the season) in that short of a time frame.

I'm still waiting for the first wave in Ohio. 499 of the 1,000+ deaths (41%) have been people in nursing homes. We are making extreme policy decisions in Ohio based on these numbers. Were there a significant outbreaks in Wuhan, China; Milan, Italy, NYC, NJ? Yes. Has there been one in Ohio; absolutely not. Particularly when Dr. Acton said that the first actual case goes back to early January.
WE DO NOT HAVE A SIGNIFICANT OUTBREAK WHEN IT COMES TO DEATHS. THIS IS NOT NYC!
Those are of you who fear a second wave have not had a first one. You have been told by the media you have, but you have not.
#ALL BUSINESSES ARE ESSENTIAL
#GET OUR KIDS BACK N THE FIELD

I'm still waiting for the first wave in Ohio. 499 of the 1,000+ deaths (41%) have been people in nursing homes. We are making extreme policy decisions in Ohio based on these numbers. Were there a significant outbreaks in Wuhan, China; Milan, Italy, NYC, NJ? Yes. Has there been one in Ohio; absolutely not. Particularly when Dr. Acton said that the first actual case goes back to early January.
Those are of you who fear a second wave have not had a first one. You have been told by the media you have, but you have not.

But wait, Dr. Acton said 100,000 Ohioans already had the virus, what was that 6 or 7 weeks ago. The 27,000 that have it now must have been the 2nd wave, we completely missed the first one.

I tend to agree with you. However, not making this up to support my point but my sister has a student who's parent has Covid and is on life support, so you know, it's real.

BTW, one of the people we should believe is the supposed expert; Anthony Fauci. He's made so many contradictory or incorrect observations since the end of January it's frightening.
And we're supposed to take a method of creating immunity (physical fitness) away from kids. There are MANY MANY doctors who feel we should have not only gone back in May, but certainly think we should be back in the fall.
You CAN NOT in good conscious think it is a good idea to keep healthy young kids out of school.
BTW, a prominent Cleveland doctor just destroyed the myth of wearing a mask. Healthy people have no business wearing them. The carbon dioxide generated is actually harmful not healthy.

It's absolutely real. And it is very dangerous to certain segments of our society and I feel for those impacted by the virus. I also feel for those who have lost their jobs, their senior year of sports, graduations, weddings, their businesses, etc.. At some point there has to be a balance and we have tipped the scales in the wrong direction and in my opinion I think we went too far, too soon without enough information.

It's absolutely real. And it is very dangerous to certain segments of our society and I feel for those impacted by the virus. I also feel for those who have lost their jobs, their senior year of sports, graduations, weddings, their businesses, etc.. At some point there has to be a balance and we have tipped the scales in the wrong direction and in my opinion I think we went too far, too soon without enough information.
Because the states were left but no choice to decide for themselves, and to decide quick, since there was no real guidance from the person our country is engineered to look at in times of greatest need + emergency. These states ultimately made decisions rooted in the best interest of public health, even if comes at the consequence of other societal functions. It's telling that the governors and public health officials are stepping to the plate every day and being transparent, responsive and holding themselves accountable for their decisions. It's also telling the most significant person in the U.S. has appeared to have rinsed his hands of this problem and stopped pretending to care about it.

Because the states were left but no choice to decide for themselves, and to decide quick, since there was no real guidance from the person our country is engineered to look at in times of greatest need + emergency. These states ultimately made decisions rooted in the best interest of public health, even if comes at the consequence of other societal functions. It's telling that the governors and public health officials are stepping to the plate every day and being transparent, responsive and holding themselves accountable for their decisions. It's also telling the most significant person in the U.S. has appeared to have rinsed his hands of this problem and stopped pretending to care about it.
Pretty obvious you hate our president. Maybe the blame goes to the WHO (Jan. 14- there is no human transmission), Anthony Fauci (Jan. 26, this is not a significant threat to the United States, and ultimately China. He's worked non-stop to attack this and gathered a number of people from the public and private sector to attack this. Though I don't always agree with his style, your blame is misguided and misdirected. Remember this is a republic!

You guys are killing me. Only one sport matters to make the money they need and HS's need from the Fall....football. I am not saying Fall Sports will be played on top of Spring Sports, I am saying football will be played in late February (season March)-early May. I can't imagine one AD who wouldn't support this to make this happen. Too much money, a lot more extra time to figure out testing if necessary.
It's been said over and over. People are getting hoarse. The virus drives what will happen and what won't. The virus could care less about sports. There will not be 2020-2021 season for any HS sports. And throw in a country full of selfishness that won't follow stay at home orders, self distancing, and mask wearing. Also the lack of testing debacle. We, "the greatest country in the world" are going to be humbled, brought to our knees, and hopefully make drastic changes in many areas of our lives and in this country. The severe consequences are starring us right in the face, and yet we are too stupid to see it. But we will eventually. And it will not be pretty.

Last edited:
It's been said over and over. People are getting hoarse. The virus drives what will happen and what won't. The virus could care less about sports. There will not be 2020-2021 season for any HS sports.
You're not the virus. How do you know?

You're not the virus. How do you know?
We ALL will know in the end. This isn't rocket science. The spread will NOT stop on its own. Until we get a vaccine THAT WORKS, it will keep us under it's vicious thumb. Remember I'm not saying to shut down the country, I'm saying that we should be following the CDC guidelines for reopening. That is not happening almost anywhere. We will pay for our actions. AKA: way more deaths than what SHOULD have happened.

Pretty obvious you hate our president. Maybe the blame goes to the WHO (Jan. 14- there is no human transmission), Anthony Fauci (Jan. 26, this is not a significant threat to the United States, and ultimately China. He's worked non-stop to attack this and gathered a number of people from the public and private sector to attack this. Though I don't always agree with his style, your blame is misguided and misdirected. Remember this is a republic!
Hate? No. I just expect accountability and results, the two things this presidency never holds itself to. He’s not a good president, brother. And he’s not rising to the moment at all— hell, he just stormed off his own press conference last night. He’s done a pretty poor job these last four months. The proof is in the pudding: “So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!” (3/9/20.) Our country is in a bad spot and is nowhere close to being back on track to recover economically. There’s not enough tests and consumer confidence is low.

We ALL will know in the end. This isn't rocket science. The spread will NOT stop on its own. Until we get a vaccine THAT WORKS, it will keep us under it's vicious thumb. Remember I'm not saying to shut down the country, I'm saying that we should be following the CDC guidelines for reopening. That is not happening almost anywhere. We will pay for our actions. AKA: way more deaths than what SHOULD have happened.
The same CDC that Dr. Deborah Birx has said has inflated Covid 19 cases and deaths by 25%? I think not!