Manchester's Jim France Retires

Because he’d get a chance to stick it too NW every year.

I’d be willing to bet a lot of money he could care less about Northwest or Manchester drama. This is some Manchester Tavern/Paolinos sports bar talk drama.

1. I’d be willing to bet Manchester couldn’t match his pay.

2. You are an Alliance fan so why would he leave after 3 consecutive playoff appearances, from what I’ve gathered Alliance seems to have a lot of talent this year and this might be a deep run team.

3. Manchester just lost arguably lost their best player in school history who carried them for three years, from what I’ve gathered from Panther faithful they will be down for a couple of years and their numbers are low. I do know their Jr high teams have some talent coming

I’d be willing to bet a lot of money he could care less about Northwest or Manchester drama. This is some Manchester Tavern/Paolinos sports bar talk drama.

2. You are an Alliance fan so why would he leave after 3 consecutive playoff appearances, from what I’ve gathered Alliance seems to have a lot of talent this year and this might be a deep run team.

3. Manchester just lost arguably lost their best player in school history who carried them for three years, from what I’ve gathered from Panther faithful they will be down for a couple of years and their numbers are low. I do know their Jr high teams have some talent coming
Ok you got me there. From what I hear though the Aviators more or less have a coach in waiting so I’m not sure how much of a loss his departure would be.

After playing Manchester for the last couple years I seen in the program that they had 9 sophomores playing a ton of snaps and there MS teams are strong. The sophomores will be very good in all sports they play next year. We will probably not play them anymore. How many League championships did the running back win while he was there? I know they dominated the league before he arrived curious if they won it with him. Sometimes balance makes you better which I am sure will have to happen there

Ok you got me there. From what I hear though the Aviators more or less have a coach in waiting so I’m not sure how much of a loss his departure would be.
And who might this “coach in waiting be”? Whiting has done a better job than almost anyone has in recent history in A-Town, if you don’t think he’d be missed than you’re a jackass.

Not that I disagree with you but who the hell are you to act like you know everything, always running around here spouting off at the mouth. You ain’t nobody special boy. You gotta by a ticket just like the rest of us to watch the boys play some ball!!!

New school? New stadium?? Where will they be located?? Will the stadium actually be at the school? Boy this is long overdue. Those old stadium lights look original.

Thank you. Akron Manchester was often a contender. It's too bad he never got the big trophy. That's a lot of games and a lot of wins.

Congrats to Koach. Well earned.

To the Manchester faithful - good luck. These transitions very seldom go well for the school/community.

On the positive side, maybe we see some improvements in their facilities now? visitor stands in football & gym bleachers are so unsafe they might as well have lead paint on them. Heard a woman ask her husband "how can these be safe? doesn't someone inspect them?" Her husband - "Yeah, the guy that played tight end for France back in the 90's"

New facilities are part on the bond issue passed in November, 2019. Should take 3-4 years to get everything in place. Shown below is a conceptual aerial view; the existing soccer and track complex would be upgraded into a multi-sport facility. The existing high school would be renovated into an elementary school and a new high school built.

Personally, I'll miss the old field, the place is special.

New facilities are part on the bond issue passed in November, 2019. Should take 3-4 years to get everything in place. Shown below is a conceptual aerial view; the existing soccer and track complex would be upgraded into a multi-sport facility. The existing high school would be renovated into an elementary school and a new high school built.

Personally, I'll miss the old field, the place is special.

View attachment 6612
Looks like it will be nice...l

the facilities will be nice. the weather is so nice today that hopefully Whiting can start getting stuff moved into his new house.

Serious question (since we are all bored & nostalgic for football) - how good of a job is this?

Any HS Football fan in NE Ohio knows Manchester & their standard of success over the decades. That's unquestioned. But now that this job is open in 202 coming off the greatest player they've ever had (separate argument, but the only D-1 early enrollee) just graduated & the best they did in his 3 years was win league once. New facilities will be great, but they're years away. Oh & there's a HUGE shadow over everything that happens/doesn't happen for the next 10+ years.

Things to think about on a rainy morning.

If it was built right they should be able to sustain it. CVCA lost their best player in program history after 2018 and despite that wen on to have a better "team" in 2019 earning their first playoff game at home and also winning their first playoff game. Manchester had to play some sophomores last year and if they continue to develop they should be able to fine a sway to win some games.

I am more interested to see how Orville responds to losing Parks. They are probably going to have a significant drop off with him leaving.

If it was built right they should be able to sustain it. CVCA lost their best player in program history after 2018 and despite that wen on to have a better "team" in 2019 earning their first playoff game at home and also winning their first playoff game. Manchester had to play some sophomores last year and if they continue to develop they should be able to fine a sway to win some games.

I am more interested to see how Orville responds to losing Parks. They are probably going to have a significant drop off with him leaving.

123 - I thought about the CVCA comparisons. If Tucker & Bevington had one more year together think they would have been something really special. That said, Bevington as a JR in 2019 is light years better than anyone Manchester can put on the field next year at QB.

Same will be true for Orrville. They have a decent QB, but not one at Bevington's level that can take over a game.

Couldn't find the current PAC thread, but someone sent this pic to me from fellow PAC member and neighbor of Manchester, Northwest:

Hope everyone in PAC land got through last night safely.

That's a horrible picture. Sad for Northwest. On another note, when Manchester gets their new stadium, the entire league will be outfitted with great facilities everywhere. The Manchester job will go to a solid guy with character who loves kids, teaching, helping them become "men" over winning. They perrenially win because this has been the case with them over the years. That and tradition breeds winning. The next coach must attempt to make this as seemless as possible. It will be interesting to see Koach's role in "helping the other guy" next year. It's not like he won't be around. I know he said he might not go to games or would sit on the other side- not sure if he was joking or not, but that would be hard to do

YG ... understood, my point is wouldn't they hire the Head Coach first and then go thru the process of hiring assistants ... sounds like a bad situation to hire assistants and force them on whomever the new guy is ...

YG ... understood, my point is wouldn't they hire the Head Coach first and then go thru the process of hiring assistants ... sounds like a bad situation to hire assistants and force them on whomever the new guy is ...
shelley, I'm pretty sure the new coach would have to agree.

That's a horrible picture. Sad for Northwest. On another note, when Manchester gets their new stadium, the entire league will be outfitted with great facilities everywhere. The Manchester job will go to a solid guy with character who loves kids, teaching, helping them become "men" over winning. They perrenially win because this has been the case with them over the years. That and tradition breeds winning. The next coach must attempt to make this as seemless as possible. It will be interesting to see Koach's role in "helping the other guy" next year. It's not like he won't be around. I know he said he might not go to games or would sit on the other side- not sure if he was joking or not, but that would be hard to do

Actually, after hearing from some people in the NW community the press box falling down was a blessing. They were already slated to build a new one and now don't have to pay for demo on the old one

Remember this name. Scott Spitler.
Built a tremendous program with established community support at Lucas. I thought he landed his family in the Mt Vernon area, though. Manchester seems like a lofty job to step into from any D7 program (not at all a slight at Lucas), with a huge commitment by relocating.

Manchester seems like a lofty job to step into from any D7 program (not at all a slight at Lucas), with a huge commitment by relocating.
Marion Local has entered the chat... In all seriousness though, Spitler would be a fit but with how long Jim France was at Manchester, you'd be better off offering it to a long time assistant if that is possible. My rule of thumb, if a successful program is already established, don't try and change it. Just my outsider perspective.

Marion Local has entered the chat... In all seriousness though, Spitler would be a fit but with how long Jim France was at Manchester, you'd be better off offering it to a long time assistant if that is possible. My rule of thumb, if a successful program is already established, don't try and change it. Just my outsider perspective.

Well said. I don’t think Manchester needs to look outside their current staff.