Who is now out of a job because DeWine over reacts and closes bars and restaurants?

Seeing alot of advertisements from restaurants adjusting to this new normal. Many offering discounts for to go orders.

I imagine this is going to be best for the fastfood restaurants because it won't change their business model much and they will have more business.
There is a local place that has made some of the "Best of" lists over the years, called The Tilton Hilton, has been in business for decades on the Lake and, unbeknownst to many, never had a phone! Because of this, they had to get one so people could call in orders for pickup!!!!!!

Seeing alot of advertisements from restaurants adjusting to this new normal. Many offering discounts for to go orders.

I imagine this is going to be best for the fastfood restaurants because it won't change their business model much and they will have more business.

Pizza shops will also do well. Chain restaurants that already offered curbside service might see a little more but won't be able to replace all that they lose from a lack of sit-down customers. Other than fine dining establishments, I can't think of too many places in this day and age that don't offer some type of carry-out, curbside, or delivery service.

The limit on the size of gatherings will hurt the catering business.

The governor acknowledged that he does not have the power to postpone the election on his own even under these circumstances. It would require a lawsuit (which would go unchallenged by the state) and a favorable ruling by a judge to that end.

Our local polical chief says it only requires the legislature. If correct, no lawsuit needed.

Our local polical chief says it only requires the legislature. If correct, no lawsuit needed.
That may be true as well, but it's probably more easily accomplished via an uncontested lawsuit. It was clear though that the executive branch of the state government could not do it.

Bottom line is the postponement isn't official yet, but it should be done by the end of the day.

My company is moving to a work at home model in the next couple of days, not sure how well this will work. I am hearing from friends already working out of their home offices that residential internet service is getting over worked and that the reliability is really inconsistent. Just think; you have kids streaming classes, businesses running all their work including video meetings, board folks streaming video etc... We do a ton of e-comm business with all the big names and paid for increased capacity in our office, there is no way there is enough band width to take care of all this activity from home.

Also as this thing grows you will get more and more people getting infected and their relatives productivity will go down as they fret about their well being. We have a couple employees that have close family members in the medical field and they are already beyond distracted, just think when it is grandma or grandpa getting infected.

In order for grocery stores to remain open they will need the distribution centers to stay open. They will need the facilities that make/produce the products to remain open.....

In order for grocery stores to remain open they will need the distribution centers to stay open. They will need the facilities that make/produce the products to remain open.....

and if too many get sick, that won't happen. They're doing the right thing. Essential services until they have their arms wrapped around this, a proven vaccine. Markets will recover because well, rich people don't like losing money.

and if too many get sick, that won't happen. They're doing the right thing. Essential services until they have their arms wrapped around this, a proven vaccine. Markets will recover because well, rich people don't like losing money.

This virus will not be back next year.... It is a one year deal.

Sadly, it is affecting this site. Advertiser dollars were already tight the last couple of years. Just about a week ago, those were cut in half over night. Hoping to weather the storm.
I was wondering if you had taken a hit already. Is it on the advertising side with not a lot of people buying ads or is traffic down with all the sports cancelled? Or is traffic up because people have nothing to do but look at the internet all day?

Don't count on a vaccine for months. One of the issues with a virus vaccine is that they are very tricky, they need months of extensive human testing. It is very easy to find something that will kill that specific virus, the issue is they also "trick" your other anti-bodies into thinking they take care of everything else and you could then die of something like the common cold or a simple cavity.

I agree. I also agree a vaccine will not be ready for months as Auggie says.

The only thing the government is doing right now is slowing the virus down so the health care system can prepare and catch up. The virus will run its course. I do not see this shut down lasting more than 3 weeks (all-prep time). Not saying some measures will not continue but the extreme measures hopefully do not last that long.

I was wondering if you had taken a hit already. Is it on the advertising side with not a lot of people buying ads or is traffic down with all the sports cancelled? Or is traffic up because people have nothing to do but look at the internet all day?
Traffic down a little. Advertising price per 1000 page views is way down. I suspect that it isn't just this site but across all sites because most advertisers are pulling back waiting to see what happens.

Just need to double or triple the amount of people posting on here to makeup for the shortfall. Not an easy thing to do when there are no HS sports for possibly 5 months.

This virus will not be back next year.... It is a one year deal.

The dead will stay dead, the crippled will stay crippled. What they're asking us to do is for the best. I don't get the feeling that are policy makers are clueless that there be recovery needed for severely affected small business and individuals. Anyone thinking they get off free, that's just greed.

A vaccine will take over a yr.

That's probably going to cost us big time. Local mayor put a raise income tax on a poor city so he can give money to construction people who live in the burbs. Meanwhile, the local empire promedica buys out even more downtown property, a local hotel (rumor) and takes it off the tax rolls.

I'm wondering if one of the things they are saying about the virus is true. Namely that warm weather will stop or slow the spread of the virus. Here in Tucson we've had four consecutive days of 76+ weather. And when we get to April it will be nothing but 80 and up. Guess we'll have to wait to see if it's true.

Saw a tweet on the debate forum stating that OH Dept. of Health Director Dr. Acton has ordered the polls closed as a health emergency.

This constant back-and-forth is nearly as good as sports and quite similar to the ebbs and flows one witnesses during the course of a team athletic competition.

I'm wondering if one of the things they are saying about the virus is true. Namely that warm weather will stop or slow the spread of the virus. Here in Tucson we've had four consecutive days of 76+ weather. And when we get to April it will be nothing but 80 and up. Guess we'll have to wait to see if it's true.

It's not necessarily the warm weather but the humidity. Warm weather brings people outside which gives greater distances between people then being couped up inside. Viruses do not like humid air that is why they insist on running a humidifier.

I believe that most people who get it will show little to no symptoms.

it is completely asinine to have the polls open. No reason what so ever for it after everything else they have done. There must be some underlining agenda behind it as we all know politicians are corrupt especially in Dayton and Cincinnati.

So a factory with more than 50 people in it is safe but a eatery with more than 50 people in it, isn't safe?

Unless your working shoulder to shoulder with someone, you're far better off in a factory. Way more square footage.

A lot of fast food joints do a really lousy job of wiping down tables between seatings. And the seat or barstool you just grabbed to move so you can sit down? Everybody else has grabbed it in the same spot. And when was the last time it was disinfected?

Last edited:
FEMA camps. Martial law. Thanks Obama. Oh, wait.....
Ha.
I have been to refugee camps before! Before I went twice I always wondered why people would stay in those for as long as they do.

Then I saw they got water, food, even coca cola products, delivered to their camp on a regular basis and in seeing how the rest of the country was living I was like sign me up!

I wonder when city / state employees take the hit...
this has to hurt revenue from income taxes.

:>---
SALT