Who is now out of a job because DeWine over reacts and closes bars and restaurants?

China covering something up? What kind of nonsense is this?

My favorite Covid-19 conspiracy is in Italy basically the Cleveland Browns of their soccer league was poised to win the title this year, their fans think the powers to be that run the league didn't want this to happen so thus the virus.

By the way, I still have family in the restaurant business and they believe this is the best thing to do long term. In particular St. Pat's is a huge day in the business and the crowds can get rather large and uncontrollable, the wait staff in particular dreads the day and many were going to call off regardless. They just hope everyone comes back, staff & customers, after this thing is over.

By the way, I still have family in the restaurant business and they believe this is the best thing to do long term. In particular St. Pat's is a huge day in the business and the crowds can get rather large and uncontrollable, the wait staff in particular dreads the day and many were going to call off regardless. They just hope everyone comes back, staff & customers, after this thing is over.
Our local place kept their St Paddys day bash open this past weekend to what the owner said was a record for them.

Supreme Leader Dewine needs stopped.

"Reported" cases of people with the virus. Look how closely the numbers on this chart track. (This is from last week). The U.S. is about 10-11 days behind Italy. It's getting worse, and going to continue to get worse in the near term.

Now read this:

There are many thousands of wait staff who work at high end restaurants, it's taken them years to get into this gig and their position, they make GREAT tip money, probably more than we'd even guess. They get nothing. And a question, are these types of positions eligible for unemployment benefits?

Neighborhood cafe/bakery as busy as I've ever seen it. LARGE take-out orders going out the door. They're going to be doing curbside (well, parking lot) so you don't have to come in to pick up orders. That's local business people.

The nieghborhood greasy spoon once described by a former Puddler as "where else can you go see a 250lb transvestite sitting next to a counselman" in the next parking lot was full also. But that's the DGAF crowd so they were all inside. Probably smoking. Most of them look near death anyhow. Have for decades.

My favorite Covid-19 conspiracy is in Italy basically the Cleveland Browns of their soccer league was poised to win the title this year, their fans think the powers to be that run the league didn't want this to happen so thus the virus.
They do take their soccer seriously.

Grocery stores, gas stations, banks,pharmacy and health care open. That’s about it. I’ve got the sniffles ?

Gyms, rec centers, indoor water parks, indoor trampoline parks, bowling alleys, movie theaters, etc. are all closing at the end of business today. Daycare centers won't be far behind. As of now, grocery stores, pharmacies, banks, etc. will remain open as they are viewed as necessities. Restaurants can still offer carry-out and curbside service. It is being recommended that in-person voting be postponed to June 2 and absentee voting be extended, but it would require some courtroom maneuvering to make that official. The governor acknowledged that he does not have the power to postpone the election on his own even under these circumstances. It would require a lawsuit (which would go unchallenged by the state) and a favorable ruling by a judge to that end.

Last edited:
Just telling everyone what I heard? I believe this is supposed to be from the state level. The POTUS just advised to groups of no more than 10.

Lots of uncertainty on how to battle this.

Seeing alot of advertisements from restaurants adjusting to this new normal. Many offering discounts for to go orders.

I imagine this is going to be best for the fastfood restaurants because it won't change their business model much and they will have more business.

Yappi said he is gonna close down the site too?
Sadly, it is affecting this site. Advertiser dollars were already tight the last couple of years. Just about a week ago, those were cut in half over night. Hoping to weather the storm.

Just telling everyone what I heard? I believe this is supposed to be from the state level. The POTUS just advised to groups of no more than 10.

Lots of uncertainty on how to battle this.

Just saw that regarding gatherings of no more than 10.

As of now, DeWine is following the CDC's recommendation of no gatherings larger than 50.