Doomsday Preppers

OhioBobcatFan06

In honor of the TP thread on the DB, lets hear what you're stocking up on for the apocalypse.

I'm not a huge "prepping" guy but I do think having some "extras" stocked up is a good idea. As far as food goes, I eat a reasonable amount of canned tuna for protein/fiscal purposes so I keep a month or two of cans stocked up and just cycle through them... Also, I started going through a bread making kick awhile ago so I try to keep a decent amount of flour stocked up as it's much cheaper than buying store-bought bread and if things get crazy I could keep that going for awhile since I've got a sourdough starter.

Beyond that, guess it comes down to firearms?

As a farmer I have often thought we are the ultimate preppers. I keep thousands of bushels of high protein soybeans on hand as well as corn.
Plenty of firearms used generally for vermin control or bambi, but many are excellent defensive pieces. A couple of my vermin guns were actually used in WW1.

Toilet paper is one area we are not prepared, but there are still good corn cobs that work very well. Many people are unaware that once the kernels are gone from the cob, the fibers that surrounded the seeds are soft to the nether regions.

Water? This is interesting. My family will not drink non RO water believing it to be filled with chemicals, herbicides and fertilizers that seep down from the land. Myself, I would drink from the spring, or lower a long hose down into the well then go downhill until lower than the top of the water in the well (about 25 ft) . Get the flow siphoning from the hose and you have "fresh" spring water.
We heat with wood, so cooking and heat without electric should be no problem.

I grew up in an Amish style home so meat processing should be a mere incinvienence.

We stocked up on non perishables that we usually buy anyways and will eventually use in time if not needed immediately.

Canned goods, water, pasta, Gatorade, chips, cereal. Things like that.

We are good dry foods, canned goods, bottled water, well water, froze vegs and meats, extra propane. We have extra of everything just because of that the way we are. Ammon, batteries, tarps, gas and medical needs are always on hand. The only thing I don't have is a generator .... need to get one

D4,
Are you a 3 cob guy? 2 red and 1 white. Use a red one first, then the white to see if you need the second red.

As a farmer I have often thought we are the ultimate preppers. I keep thousands of bushels of high protein soybeans on hand as well as corn.
Plenty of firearms used generally for vermin control or bambi, but many are excellent defensive pieces. A couple of my vermin guns were actually used in WW1.

Toilet paper is one area we are not prepared, but there are still good corn cobs that work very well. Many people are unaware that once the kernels are gone from the cob, the fibers that surrounded the seeds are soft to the nether regions.

Water? This is interesting. My family will not drink non RO water believing it to be filled with chemicals, herbicides and fertilizers that seep down from the land. Myself, I would drink from the spring, or lower a long hose down into the well then go downhill until lower than the top of the water in the well (about 25 ft) . Get the flow siphoning from the hose and you have "fresh" spring water.
We heat with wood, so cooking and heat without electric should be no problem.

I grew up in an Amish style home so meat processing should be a mere incinvienence.
Lotsa ammo and guns to take your stuff

D4,
Are you a 3 cob guy? 2 red and 1 white. Use a red one first, then the white to see if you need the second red.

So rough and crude.
I just use one of my many bidets they come in 16 or 20 oz and are refillable with squirt tops...Evian is good but the ice cold artisan spring Fiji is much more refreshing.

Last edited: