Deer Park v CHCA D3 Regional

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get over it man it was 2 y
So 7 kids just so happen to move into the district to play for one coach over 2 years with one explicitly saying he wanted to play for this new coach. You keep saying it’s “homegrown” talent over there.
[/it was 2 yrs ago let it go please who cares anymore I don’t think any kids are at moeller that play basketball for academics yes they didn’t come out an say that but we know that

My response was to coltfan’s ridiculous comment that they are “homegrown”. Let’s see here...below is their starting 5, where they are from, and how long they’ve been enrolled in Deer Park Schools....you be the judge if they are homegrown:

Gentry Jr, - Purcell, 3 years
Elliott - Springfield, 1st year
Munson - Roger Bacon, 1st year
Jones - Taylor, 1st year
McIntire- ?, 2nd year

that’s an average of 1.6 years per player of being in Deer Park schools. These are the FACTS somethingtosay.....they are an AAU team!

Last edited:
My response was to coltfan’s ridiculous comment that they are “homegrown”. Let’s see here...below is their starting 5, where they are from, and how long they’ve been enrolled in Deer Park Schools....you be the judge if they are homegrown:

Jones - Taylor, 1st year
McIntire- ?, 2nd year

that’s an average of 1.6 years per player of being in Deer Park schools. These are the FACTS somethingtosay.....they are an AAU TEAM!
Pesky facts

Jones - Taylor, 1st year
McIntire- ?, 2nd year

that’s an average of 1.6 years per player of being in Deer Park schools. These are the FACTS somethingtosay.....they are an AAU team!
No dog in this fight but It actually may be McIntyre’s 3rd year he was on the state team a couple years ago same with Julian Anderson the 6th man

No dog in this fight but It actually may be McIntyre’s 3rd year he was on the state team a couple years ago same with Julian Anderson the 6th man
I think you may be right. Change his to 3rd year, still doesn’t really make this team what I would call homegrown.

That wasn't the argument of where they live. If you would follow along it was HOW they got to Deer Park.
Who cares how or why their families decided to move there. They all live in small community. They beat a recruited all star team.

Umm, it was an exciting game. CHCA really lost it with missed opportunities and losing a double digit lead. Don't really like to see that. I know this doesn't fit the rest of this thread but thought I'd throw it in.

Umm, it was an exciting game. CHCA really lost it with missed opportunities and losing a double digit lead. Don't really like to see that. I know this doesn't fit the rest of this thread but thought I'd throw it in.
How dare you comment about the actual basketball game. ??

I obviously was. You are obviously sad that the young men from the small community beat the recruits. It's okay, you'll get over it.
And you can't get over Deer Park isn't homegrown when someone posts evidence above but that's okay too. Show me who on CHCA was somewhere else and I will change my opinion accordingly. That's all I ask.

And you can't get over Deer Park isn't homegrown when someone posts evidence above but that's okay too. Show me who on CHCA was somewhere else and I will change my opinion accordingly. That's all I ask.
How many CHCA kids live within 2 miles of the school?

Hometown boys>recruits

How many CHCA kids live within 2 miles of the school?

Hometown boys>recruits
Would you please answer this: how do you call this “homegrown” and “hometown boys”

Jones - Taylor, 1st year
McIntire- ?, 3rd year

Would you please answer this: how do you call this “homegrown” and “hometown boys”

Jones - Taylor, 1st year
McIntire- ?, 3rd year
They all live in Deer Park. Their families made choices to move there.

Jones - Taylor, 1st year
McIntire- ?, 3rd year
He won’t answer the questions or anything else. Just a broken record with his responses.

He won’t answer the questions or anything else. Just a broken record with his responses.
I know that type of stuff happens. But it's pretty crazy that a D3 school can assemble that kind of talent. Makes me feel like my hometown school doesn't have much of a chance when we are D3 and we only have the kids that are born/raised in our community in a small rural town.

I know that type of stuff happens. But it's pretty crazy that a D3 school can assemble that kind of talent. Makes me feel like my hometown school doesn't have much of a chance when we are D3 and we only have the kids that are born/raised in our community in a small rural town.
Bingo! It’s the third year in a row that they’ve been doing this. Restock with new kids every year. If needed, they are declared homeless (yes, this has happened multiple times) through ohsaa so they can live with other transfers in district.

And that's the point I was trying to make to coltfan76 but he just keeps saying "They live in Deer Park, they live in Deer Park." We all know that but it's the fact they have not been there since elementary or even middle school is the problem. The mental gymnastics it takes to not understand or acknowledge that is amazing.

And that's the point I was trying to make to coltfan76 but he just keeps saying "They live in Deer Park, they live in Deer Park." We all know that but it's the fact they have not been there since elementary or even middle school is the problem. The mental gymnastics it takes to not understand or acknowledge that is amazing.
I understand that you say not homegrown talent but my question to you is why does it matter if a kid goes or doesn’t go there in elementary..why does it matter that they go to school because of a coach that is there choice ..trust that Isaiah walker Evan praeter don’t go to Wyoming for academics if the football an basketball programs were horrible they would not be in that school Period an we all know that..

I understand that you say not homegrown talent but my question to you is why does it matter if a kid goes or doesn’t go there in elementary..why does it matter that they go to school because of a coach that is there choice ..trust that Isaiah walker Evan praeter don’t go to Wyoming for academics if the football an basketball programs were horrible they would not be in that school Period an we all know that..
Because you can't tout Deer Park as "homegrown talent" like some people are because it's plain wrong. Also you cannot transfer to a school because of a coach. I do not know anything about Evan Prater or Isaiah Walker at Wyoming but the Deer Park team was in the spotlight in 2018 because of an unusual influx of transfers so that is what I'm talking just about in this situation.

Why do you care so much about where a kid grew up or went to elementary school? The fact is, all the kids live in Deer Park. They beat the recruits.

Why do you care so much about where a kid grew up or went to elementary school? The fact is, all the kids live in Deer Park. They beat the recruits.
I think we're done here. You do not understand the conversation and keep repeating the same thing over and over. Have a nice off season.

Status
Not open for further replies.