D1 Cleveland Regional

Sounds like Shaker is playing the game of their lives, and our team is having a really bad night . It hapoens. But I also believe this was a matchup nightmare for our team, as Shaker is just as quick as we are, only longer. Our guys will have to make the full court press work early to get it back to 10 before the fourth. I'm not @ this game (thankfully lol). Just glad we have nearly everyone back next year, as nobody in this region is good enough to win in Columbus, anyway :)

GCC matchup in tbe district final. Great league. Too bad shaker is bailing

After tonight, the league will have:

Five teams in the district final
Three district champs
Two in the regional final
One regional champ

Currently, their record is 15-5 in the tournament. After tonight and Saturday's game, the record will be 17-7 with three of those seven losses coming from fellow GCC teams. Take the games from fellow GCC teams away, their tournament record is an impressive 14-4.

Final

Shaker Hts 83
McKinley 71
Proud of our kid's effort. Who else would have cut a 20 pt ht deficit down to 4? But the turning point was that technical, and it just wasn't to be tonight against the best free throw shooting night I've seen at this level. Congrats to Shaker on a great effort to pull this off. Congrats to our kids for never quitting and winning yet another District Championship, reaching the 1900 win plateau for our program, the winningest in Ohio history! Next year will be fun for sure! Good luck to the two seniors, CJ Hall and Antwan Williams.

Always, always keep the faith!

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION

I stepped away for a couple of minutes. And see screen is black and got a spinning wheel, just wondering if that's everybody (and they'll go live right before tip)??

Proud of our kid's effort. Who else would have cut a 20 pt ht deficit down to 4? But the turning point was that technical, and it just wasn't to be tonight against the best free throw shooting night I've seen at this level. Congrats to Shaker on a great effort to pull this off. Congrats to our kids for never quitting and winning yet another District Championship, reaching the 1900 win plateau for our program, the winningest in Ohio history! Next year will be fun for sure! Good luck to the two seniors, CJ Hall and Antwan Williams.

Always, always keep the faith!

That was a great game and while I've only seen Shaker twice, that was a different team, especially at the foul line. The tech was a big momentum swing, though the refs gave it back on another one on Shaker a couple minutes later. The better team, tonight, won. So, hats off to Shaker.

Now you know how teams felt playing in the Canton Fieldhouse throughout the years. ? LOL!
Funny how they never seem to complain about it. But when YOUR team came to our house, they got to see State Championship trophies up close for the first time in their lives this year. So happy for them! :cool: