1990-1994 OHSAA State Cross Country Results (full version)

BDevils90

Does anyone have a "full results version" of the State Cross Country Results from 1990-1994? I realize the OHSAA site has some results but they only go about 25 deep on the individuals. Any help is much appreciated!!

Are you looking for all divisions and genders? If not, more details are necessary like particular division, gender, team, or individual. I might have '91 DII boys somewhere.

Are you looking for all divisions and genders? If not, more details are necessary like particular division, gender, team, or individual. I might have '91 DII boys somewhere.
D2 and D3 Boys. I'm trying document some history related to Brookville High School and Brookville bounced between D2 and D3 those years. We had a couple boys run at state during those years I believe and I don't want to omit their performances. I know they ran D2 in 92 with one finishing 11th but the other finished outside of the top 25 so I don't have his time or place. Both were underclassmen that year so there's a possibility they made it in 93 &/or 94 as well but finished outside the shown top 25.

Contact Don Edwards at Big Walnut. He would have a copy of what you are looking for. He has a booth each year at the State coaches Clinic, and is absolutely the "go to" guy if you are looking for past results.

Don helped me get a hold of complete (not what the OHSAA lists online) State Meet Results from 1978 and 1981. I'm sure he could help you.

Contact Don Edwards at Big Walnut. He would have a copy of what you are looking for. He has a booth each year at the State coaches Clinic, and is absolutely the "go to" guy if you are looking for past results.

Don helped me get a hold of complete (not what the OHSAA lists online) State Meet Results from 1978 and 1981. I'm sure he could help you.
Why doesn't OHSAA just get a scan and add them to the results link on the website? There are lots of people that would be interested in those results.

Why doesn't OHSAA just get a scan and add them to the results link on the website? There are lots of people that would be interested in those results.

Jusk ask Lancermania about his knowledge of what it took the legendary Ohio HS stat man, Craig Whitmore, to get OHSAA to put reasonably accurate historical compilations into OHSAA's state meet program. OHSAA has not been good (I'm being kind) at keeping accurate, complete historical data on track and field. I would venture the same applies to XC. I could go on, but I've got better things to do currently.

Last edited:
D2 and D3 Boys. I'm trying document some history related to Brookville High School and Brookville bounced between D2 and D3 those years. We had a couple boys run at state during those years I believe and I don't want to omit their performances. I know they ran D2 in 92 with one finishing 11th but the other finished outside of the top 25 so I don't have his time or place. Both were underclassmen that year so there's a possibility they made it in 93 &/or 94 as well but finished outside the shown top 25.
For 1992, the Dayton Daily News has Brookville's Eric Hunt in 57th place at 16:54. As you already know, teammate Dave Monnin was 11th in 16:09.

In 1990, Brookville finished 6th at the DIII district meet and had no individuals advance to the regional meet. I do believe I saw another Yappi poster's name listed in the results as a member of 1 of the 4 teams that qualified to regionals from that DIII race. No Brookville runners are listed among the local finishers for the 1991 state meet, so I went back to the regional meet and found they finished 5th as a team in the DIII regional competition but did not have anyone place in the top 15 to qualify individually. For 1993, Monnin placed 6th at the DII regional meet to qualify to state. His state placing is unknown. The Brookville boys again competed in DII in 1994 and placed 12th as a team at regionals but had no individual runners qualify to state. Incidentally, the Mason boys placed 16th at regionals in DII that year.

Last edited:
For 1992, the Dayton Daily News has Brookville's Eric Hunt in 57th place at 16:54. As you already know, teammate Dave Monnin was 11th in 16:09.

In 1990, Brookville finished 6th at the DIII district meet and had no individuals advance to the regional meet. I do believe I saw another Yappi poster's name listed in the results as a member of 1 of the 4 teams that qualified to regionals from that DIII race. No Brookville runners are listed among the local finishers for the 1991 state meet, so I went back to the regional meet and found they finished 5th as a team in the DIII regional competition but did not have anyone place in the top 15 to qualify individually. For 1993, Monnin placed 6th at the DII regional meet to qualify to state. His state placing is unknown. The Brookville boys again competed in DII in 1994 and placed 12th as a team at regionals but had no individual runners qualify to state. Incidentally, the Mason boys placed 16th at regionals in DII that year.
This is great! Thank you! and Thanks for the other great tips everyone!

This is great! Thank you! and Thanks for the other great tips everyone!
Glad we could be of some assistance. I wish I could locate Monnin's time and placing from the '93 DII meet, but I would say that you're now looking for a needle in a haystack instead of a needle from among 100 haystacks.

Are there any other years you would like examined via the Dayton Daily News? A couple years back, I went to the local libraries to look at the microfilms from the local newspapers and was able to compile an all-time list for my school's team finishes at our county meet as well as the sectional/district, district/regional, and state meets.

Incidentally, the '93 team was 8th at regionals. I failed to mention that in my earlier post.

Last edited:
Glad we could be of some assistance. I wish I could not locate Monnin's time and placing from the '93 DII meet, but I would say that you're now looking for a needle in a haystack instead of a needle from among 100 haystacks.

Are there any other years you would like examined via the Dayton Daily News? A couple years back, I went to the local libraries to look at the microfilms from the local newspapers and was able to compile an all-list for my school's team finishes at our county meet as well as the sectional/district, district/regional, and state meets.

Incidentally, the '93 team was 8th at regionals. I failed to mention that in my earlier post.
I'm checking with Monnin's parents for clippings from our local paper...it pays to live in a small town. I know his parents well! I think I have most everything. I really appreciate all your help! I've been using the dayton daily news online archives and found a few things from some earlier runners. "Fun" research if you enjoy this sort of thing...which I do!