2020 Cleveland Browns

Lots of rumors starting to fly. Continued interest in Williams, interest in Peters. At this juncture, I'd rather they not trade for Williams and take on that contract, unless they get a real deal and Washington takes on some of the pay. Drafting a tackle and signing a guy like Peters to a short term deal to play the opposite tackle while mentoring the rookie would work.

Lots of rumors starting to fly. Continued interest in Williams, interest in Peters. At this juncture, I'd rather they not trade for Williams and take on that contract, unless they get a real deal and Washington takes on some of the pay. Drafting a tackle and signing a guy like Peters to a short term deal to play the opposite tackle while mentoring the rookie would work.

I would imagine they'd have to part with their first rounder to get Williams. No way in Hades should the Browns do that, not for a guy north of 30 who hasn't stayed healthy. Too risky. As for Peters, the guy is 38. If they do after him as a rental, it has to be at a team-friendly price. This is a deep draft for offensive lineman. Hopefully, the Browns can find some long-term answers in this draft. If they do go the route of free agency, I'm hoping it's Jack Conklin. He's 25 and he's started a lot since he came into the league. I'm not saying he's a Joe Thomas clone, but I think he's a decided improvement over Greg Robinson.

I would imagine they'd have to part with their first rounder to get Williams. No way in Hades should the Browns do that, not for a guy north of 30 who hasn't stayed healthy. Too risky. As for Peters, the guy is 38. If they do after him as a rental, it has to be at a team-friendly price. This is a deep draft for offensive lineman. Hopefully, the Browns can find some long-term answers in this draft. If they do go the route of free agency, I'm hoping it's Jack Conklin. He's 25 and he's started a lot since he came into the league. I'm not saying he's a Joe Thomas clone, but I think he's a decided improvement over Greg Robinson.

Agreed. No on Williams unless they are giving him away and only a team friendly one or two year deal for Peters. I'd love Conklin but think he signs in the first couple of hours of free agency for somebody who pays him huge money. I'm not sure the Browns will spend like that.

Kirksey gone. Looks like Berry values linebackers like Farmer valued receivers.

I don't begrudge them dumping the contract for a guy injured so often but I have to wonder what their plans are at LB.

Last edited:
Kirksey gone. Looks like Berry values linebackers like Farmer valued receivers.

I don't begrudge them dumping the contract for a guy injured so often but I have to wonder what their plans are at LB.

Well, they've cleared more cap space with the move and they might be clearing more if they move on Vernon. It signals to me they are going to be aggressive in free agency and address some needs there. I don't know if LB would be one of them, especially with gaping holes on the offensive line and at safety. Have to admit, though, with Kirksey gone and Schobert testing the free agency waters, you'd hate to go into the season standing pat with the current group.

Grossi is back on the air. He was humiliated...it was traumatic...blah...blah...blah...

The part that had me shaking my head was the when he wrote, "it's not like covering the Cavaliers or the Indians. It's not like covering the Steelers (really, Grossi, you invoked the Steelers?!?) or the Packers, teams that have has a lot of success and a lot of fun and a lot of joy." Oh, I know, you poor soul, you've suffered so much. If it was that damaging to his fragile psyche, he should go to another market that would love to have someone of his experience and expertise. Or maybe he has tried. Regardless, he can feign all the remorse he wants. He is still the same self-absorbed troll that he's always been.

Austin Hooper to the Browns. He's not Kelce, Ertz or Kittle but he's been pretty solid. Stefanski ran a lot of two TE formations with the Vikings.

Hooper - 90 targets, 1 drop. Solid pickup. Conklin - even better pickup. Keenum will motivate Baker to push hard, and is a great insurance policy. Really good day for the Brownies!

I'm getting a kick out of some of the national writers and commentators turning a jaundiced eye toward the deals the Browns made. They point to Conklin's injury and Hooper's analytics and ignore the stats like wolves just cited. It's the knee-jerk reaction linked to anything Browns. Yet, I hear praise, though somewhat muted, about the Tannehill contract, which is mind-boggling. Yes, Hooper is not Kelce or Ertz, but he's in the upper echelon of TEs. It's what the market bears. I think Berry and the front office have been impressive so far. I hope a linebacker is headed our way, Even as thin as the position is in free agency, it's even thinner on the Browns' roster. Kyle VanNoy would be a nice fit.

I really like the Keenum signing. Who better to counsel Mayfield on the Stefanski system than someone who thrived in it? The Browns have a viable back-up, they avoid any hint of a quarterback controversy, they signal to Mayfield they are all-in on him as the starter, and they bring in the perfect mentor for him.

I'm getting a kick out of some of the national writers and commentators turning a jaundiced eye toward the deals the Browns made. They point to Conklin's injury and Hooper's analytics and ignore the stats like wolves just cited. It's the knee-jerk reaction linked to anything Browns. Yet, I hear praise, though somewhat muted, about the Tannehill contract, which is mind-boggling. Yes, Hooper is not Kelce or Ertz, but he's in the upper echelon of TEs. It's what the market bears. I think Berry and the front office have been impressive so far. I hope a linebacker is headed our way, Even as thin as the position is in free agency, it's even thinner on the Browns' roster. Kyle VanNoy would be a nice fit.

Van Noy announced to the Dolphins yesterday. I think we'll see a draft focused on LT, LB and safety.

Cleve is def the front runner for the AFC NOrth next year. I am not buying the Ravens at all....

WIth that said, did see a funny meme yesterday regarding the crapshow that has been America the last few weeks....
"2020 is being run by the Cleveland Browns Front office"

Cleve is def the front runner for the AFC NOrth next year. I am not buying the Ravens at all....

WIth that said, did see a funny meme yesterday regarding the crapshow that has been America the last few weeks....
"2020 is being run by the Cleveland Browns Front office"

Right now, the Browns have to be considered 3rd place. The Ravens improved with the Campbell trade and they have the reigning MVP. Pittsburgh was 8-8 without Roethlisberger and he'll be back. Too many question marks at LB and the secondary for the Browns.