Fort Loramie

Solely going on what I've seen from Dalton for the last 3 years - this is their 3rd consecutive trip to regionals and this is the best team they've had in the 3 years.....They lost to Cornerstone by 6 last year and this years Dalton team would beat last years soundly....we shall see though!
Welp, I'll take a medium fry and ketchup and mustard on that poop sandwich.......

Fort Loramie beats Danville 84-24 to advance to the Regional Finals. That's about the most lopsided score I've ever seen for a game as far into the tournament as the Regionals.
Now that we have the running clock, such a lopsided score is that more impressive. I do think this years Ft Loramie team may get my overall pick of all time small school girls teams. 1986 Bethel is right there though which featured nations top player in Kelly Lyons. (Looked for who named her National Player of year but could not find. Was Sports Illistrated I think, but may have been gatoraid. One interesting note on Kelly was she shot nearly 65% from field for her Colligate career.)

Last edited:
Appreciate your passion for the game. Thanks for sharing.
I agree with D4fan, I do appreciate the interest in girls basketball. With Cornerstone, you have to be able to stop the dribble drive and close out on the shooters. Plus try to dominate them on the boards to get more shots. FL is at another level of D4 teams. If they do win on Saturday, they face Cornerstone and I believe Cornerstone will be in the same position as last year in the State Semis

Fort Loramie beats Danville 84-24 to advance to the Regional Finals. That's about the most lopsided score I've ever seen for a game as far into the tournament as the Regionals.

Danville wasn’t very good. Top seeds out of the central district ran to the Pickerington Regional to avoid Fort Loramie.

We will see Minster-Fort Laramie in the final.
I'll take Minster. Their coach, Mike Wiss, usually finds a way in the biggest games.

Not from the area, are either of these schools private?
They are Public Privates. meaning, they are public schools with very high Catholic makeup and parental support just like a private school. You get all the perks of private while state tax payers pick up the tab.

You can be on the south end of Minster and looking south see the town of Ft Loramie very clearly. Someone said the are 3 miles apart but looks closer than that to my eye.

No, neither school is private. They are two miles apart, one is in Shelby County, the other in Auglaize County

They are Public Privates. meaning, they are public schools with very high Catholic makeup and parental support just like a private school. You get all the perks of private while state tax payers pick up the tab.

You can be on the south end of Minster and looking south see the town of Ft Loramie very clearly. Someone said the are 3 miles apart but looks closer than that to my eye.
Is there tuition due at either school?

I only asked because it seems crazy to have 2 division 4 schools that close together.....but I don't want to get on a soapbox about education/funding in Ohio......so I digress.... ?

I only asked because it seems crazy to have 2 division 4 schools that close together.....but I don't want to get on a soapbox about education/funding in Ohio......so I digress.... ?
No, they operate completely like any other public school.
If you ever get the opportunity to spend a day in Mercer County or Northern Shelby it is interesting to see these small communities and observe them in daily life. Very unlike most any other place I have been ( in a good way). I live about 1 hour to the south but do business in Minster from time to time.

I am confused by this statement, I am assuming you are proposing consolidated schools, such as in Indiana? While I do agree that the state of Ohio should be looking at this option, it would not come into play with these two schools. They are in different counties, Shelby/Auglaize. In Indiana and Kentucky where they do consolidate schools, I do not believe they mix counties into schools. All counties have their own or several schools just for those counties.

It would be very difficult for the communities in that area to accept consolidated schools, New Bremen, Minster, Maria Stein, Anna, Houston, Russia, Versailles, Ft. Recovery, New Knoxville, Jackson Center, Botkins and Coldwater all like their separation, at least that is what i believe to be true.

I am confused by this statement, I am assuming you are proposing consolidated schools, such as in Indiana? While I do agree that the state of Ohio should be looking at this option, it would not come into play with these two schools. They are in different counties, Shelby/Auglaize. In Indiana and Kentucky where they do consolidate schools, I do not believe they mix counties into schools. All counties have their own or several schools just for those counties.

It would be very difficult for the communities in that area to accept consolidated schools, New Bremen, Minster, Maria Stein, Anna, Houston, Russia, Versailles, Ft. Recovery, New Knoxville, Jackson Center, Botkins and Coldwater all like their separation, at least that is what i believe to be true.

You would be correct. It would be unfathomable to think of those communities consolidating. In general I do not see a need for it. Athletically speaking they are all sound and in the list above there are some very highly rated school districts academically speaking as well.

You would be correct. It would be unfathomable to think of those communities consolidating. In general I do not see a need for it. Athletically speaking they are all sound and in the list above there are some very highly rated school districts academically speaking as well.
I don't know the proper way to do it but crossing county lines has nothing to do with the schools, heck, the school district in my community is literally split right down the middle between 2 counties......but athletics and academics have nothing to do with why schools in other states and why schools in Ohio should be consolidated. How many kids go to these D4 schools? I know in my area, there are a few D4 schools that literally graduate 50 (or less) students in a graduating class. There is just no way you can justify the costs of operating a school where an entire graduating class would fit comfortably in 2 classrooms at a school. Think about the cost of all the teacher/staff - I mean superintendents these days alone, you'd be extremely hard pressed to find one making under $120,000 per year.....These reasons are why Ohio schools (at least the vast majority) always have funding issues and are always struggling to pass tax levies.....

If I put a dot on a map where the school in my town is located - I could be at roughly 8 other school districts within a 10 minute drive....there is no way that is cost effective for anyone!

I don't know the proper way to do it but crossing county lines has nothing to do with the schools, heck, the school district in my community is literally split right down the middle between 2 counties......but athletics and academics have nothing to do with why schools in other states and why schools in Ohio should be consolidated. How many kids go to these D4 schools? I know in my area, there are a few D4 schools that literally graduate 50 (or less) students in a graduating class. There is just no way you can justify the costs of operating a school where an entire graduating class would fit comfortably in 2 classrooms at a school. Think about the cost of all the teacher/staff - I mean superintendents these days alone, you'd be extremely hard pressed to find one making under $120,000 per year.....These reasons are why Ohio schools (at least the vast majority) always have funding issues and are always struggling to pass tax levies.....

If I put a dot on a map where the school in my town is located - I could be at roughly 8 other school districts within a 10 minute drive....there is no way that is cost effective for anyone!

I do agree with you, I am just stating how I believe it is done in Indiana and Kentucky, they are county schools, that is how it is separated in those states. Yes, I believe there would be a huge cost savings. Those schools i listed graduate anywhere from 30 - 100 kids a grade. The reason I am saying these communities would not approve of consolidated is because they all are very proud of their schools, they all support their schools financially, athletically and academically. The unemployment rate is very low through most of these communities, which helps them support the schools. I believe for the most part, these schools pass levies very succesfully

I do agree with you, I am just stating how I believe it is done in Indiana and Kentucky, they are county schools, that is how it is separated in those states. Yes, I believe there would be a huge cost savings. Those schools i listed graduate anywhere from 30 - 100 kids a grade. The reason I am saying these communities would not approve of consolidated is because they all are very proud of their schools, they all support their schools financially, athletically and academically. The unemployment rate is very low through most of these communities, which helps them support the schools. I believe for the most part, these schools pass levies very succesfully
Totally agree - school pride is always there and no one wants to see their school merge with what is likely a rival school.....Its just tough, with education being a state funded issue - financial responsibility has to play a factor at some point. You merge Fort Loramie and Minster and you probably still only have a big D3 or small D2 school.......Not like you'd be creating some mega school like _________ (insert large D1 school)....just makes too much sense to not start doing this at some point! ?‍♂️

Interesting that D4 All Ohio had the following:
0 1st Team from Loramie
1 2nd Team from Loramie
0 3rd Team from Loramie
0 Special Mention from Loramie

Interesting that D4 All Ohio had the following:
0 1st Team from Loramie
1 2nd Team from Loramie
0 3rd Team from Loramie
0 Special Mention from Loramie

They really do not have that one outstanding great player. They just have 10 high quality players, all who play hard, have a high basketball IQ and are well coached.