The Official 2020 Cincinnati Reds Thread

I predict 82-80 and fourth place in the central. Until they upgrade C, SS and CF this is their ceiling. I also predict Bauer will have an outstanding year and leave to the highest bidder. Galvis will not be the starting SS by June, Votto will have a .350 OBP and hit 10 dingers and drive in 35 which will continue his decline. Geno, moose and Castellanos will hit a combined 120 dingers with 100 of them being solo shots. Aquino will tear up AAA as will Stephenson. Winker and Shogo will hit .250 and Senzel will play under 100 games.

I predict 82-80 and fourth place in the central. Until they upgrade C, SS and CF this is their ceiling. I also predict Bauer will have an outstanding year and leave to the highest bidder. Galvis will not be the starting SS by June, Votto will have a .350 OBP and hit 10 dingers and drive in 35 which will continue his decline. Geno, moose and Castellanos will hit a combined 120 dingers with 100 of them being solo shots. Aquino will tear up AAA as will Stephenson. Winker and Shogo will hit .250 and Senzel will play under 100 games.
Jesus....
open-uri20150422-20810-11ej849_779819a7.jpeg

Wow, take some Zoloft.

? at all you guys with delusions of grandeur, this is Cincinnati we are talking about right?

? at all you guys with delusions of grandeur, this is Cincinnati we are talking about right?

Yes, Cincy is the team with the best starting rotation in the Central, 3 big boppers that you think will hit 120 HR, a couple of good on-base guys (Akiyama and Votto) ahead of them, and another big guy (Aquino) who was tearing up the league in historic fashion late last year. Also decent depth (Winker, Senzel, maybe Dietrich).

And you think .500 is where they land. The Eeyore picture was on target. Overly pessimistic. Only key injuries keep them at .500 or below. This is a good team.

90-72, first place in the NL Central. Easily the best starting pitching in the division, maybe the national league. Lineup is beyond solid. We have depth. Bullpen may be the only spot I'm a little worried but that's the easiest to fix on the fly as well.

Just a heads up, for any of you Reds fans that rely on YouTube TV for your streaming TV service, like I do...

Just got an email that YouTube TV and Sinclair negotiations fell through, and as of Feb 29 YouTube TV will no longer carry Fox Sport Regional channels. I live on Fox Sports Ohio for my Blue Jackets and Reds! So pi$$ed right now, that they give us 2 days notice.

FWIW, cutting the cable over a year ago has been mostly great, and we save a ton of money each month. You get unlimited DVR and lots of great stuff with YouTube TV, but I've had to switch services twice now to accommodate the favorite channels for my wife and I. Hopefully at some point all the change settles down. But I need to figure this out for hockey and baseball season!
That’s why I don’t feel like cutting the cord. It’s too much of a hassle having to keep track of all the sports contracts with providers.

Number one you are confusing me with 14 red, read my post, I never said they would be 86-76. Number two, "up the middle" refers to C, SS, CF, not 2B. Number three Shogo will play LF and Senzel will be in CF until he inevitably get's hurt. Number four, Votto is in decline, if you cant see the trend I cant help you. .500 is more realistic for this team, sorry
Sorry for the tangent, but do others agree that "up the middle" does not include 2B?

Man, must be tough to get out of bed each morning. Somebody check in on Zeeman.

Man, must be tough to get out of bed each morning. Somebody check in on Zeeman.
I predicted .500, that’s a marked improvement from last year. But hey y’all go all in if you want, Cincy sports is known for fulfilling expectations ?

Sorry for the tangent, but do others agree that "up the middle" does not include 2B?
You are correct - "strong up the middle" has always meant good defense at C, SS, 2B, CF to all knowledgeable baseball people.

Only one guy on here (Zeeyore) thinks it only means C, SS, CF. And the names he referenced (Galvis, Barnhart, Senzel) are all plus defenders, but not strong at the plate. So he has no idea what he is talking about.

You are correct - "strong up the middle" has always meant good defense at C, SS, 2B, CF to all knowledgeable baseball people.

Only one guy on here (Zeeyore) thinks it only means C, SS, CF. And the names he referenced (Galvis, Barnhart, Senzel) are all plus defenders, but not strong at the plate. So he has no idea what he is talking about.
Pretty much, but that’s no surprise.

So you’re content with Galvis, Senzel and Tucker? Sorry but not the stuff of winning teams