Western Reserve Job

WR has won 7 games or more in every season since 2008. Thats 12 straight seasons. If Dota is the guy here, he's had two 7 win or more seasons in his 12 years as a HC. 3rd times the charm??

WR has won 7 games or more in every season since 2008. Thats 12 straight seasons. If Dota is the guy here, he's had two 7 win or more seasons in his 12 years as a HC. 3rd times the charm??
Winning at western reserve is going to be a lot easier then winning at west branch also. I think he will be fine it depends on the talent they have, and who he puts on his staff

Winning at western reserve is going to be a lot easier then winning at west branch also. I think he will be fine it depends on the talent they have, and who he puts on his staff
I agree with this. To be honest, he was decent at WGH. It could have been better, but he is a good guy that will have good rapport with his players, and parents.

Keeping it real........when at WGH, the results were below acceptable. At West Branch, right around the break even mark. Why does he get a third chance while others don't? WR will always win at least 7 games each season.........Springfield and McDonald are the only league teams capable of beating them and perhaps one of the non-league games.

What it does show is that no above average current head coach wanted this job...Allen is 25-25 and Dota is 38-42 at WB...I would go with the young up and coming guy over those two guys. No disrespect but they haven’t done anything that would make me think they can have WR get back to where they were. Your right...the volleyball coach could win 7 games there but that won’t get you into the playoffs there.

I agree with this. To be honest, he was decent at WGH. It could have been better, but he is a good guy that will have good rapport with his players, and parents.
Following what happened with Hake and his antics, I think Dota's personality has ALOT to do with him getting the job. (If he indeed has) Whatever your thoughts might be about him as a W and L coach, he is a respectable person. The whole Western Reserve school has taken a bit of an "image" hit, Dota is someone that many people know and respect.

I guess the man who built the WR program to what it is today, was not considered, or did not apply(Mike Kopachy)?

Kopachy was a no from the start, not sure if he applied...
David Rach was mentioned to me, as a front runner, from the beginning of the interviews. I believe he will be the new coach. We will know soon enough.
The whole "recruit" thing is just laughable, some people make it sound like we actively pull players from other schools, to play for us... You know, because we are a Football Powerhouse, with all these titles, and banners... Hey, our baseball team did play for a State Title a few years ago, the Football team has never made it that far.

Heard new coach has to keep Hakes staff, doesn't have flexibility to bring in own guys unless positions open up. Any truth to this?

With current staff (Cochran, Buente, Clegg(?)) applying for the job and not getting it, will they stay? As the incoming head coach, would you want those guys on your staff? Also heard there was a current assistant on the interview committee.

Heard new coach has to keep Hakes staff, doesn't have flexibility to bring in own guys unless positions open up. Any truth to this?

With current staff (Cochran, Buente, Clegg(?)) applying for the job and not getting it, will they stay? As the incoming head coach, would you want those guys on your staff? Also heard there was a current assistant on the interview committee.
If true, hamstringing the new coach is a horrible idea. Why not just hire a guy on staff already? Unless you think the guys on staff cant get it done, then why keep them around? Whole thing sounds like a mess.

This is the most western reserve think since waiting 2 months to get rid of the guy smoking dope in the bathroom

Why would anyone want to take a job with whole staff being kept an no teaching opening to bring in your own staff. Sounds like trouble especially if a few of the assistants actually applied for the job. This might be a tough transition year for the team. Sad because they are an already established solid team in the area.

Interesting that he is not an educator. Seems like he can bring in at least one Coach if they have a history teaching degree..... I think having guys on staff that are in the building is very important. So retaining may be the best to do since he won’t be in the building 8-3. Best of luck to Coach Rach.

This is a great hire for Western Reserve. I think it is smart to give another young guy a shot, it has been a successful recipe for them in the past. If Rach can bring some of that South Range tradition and culture, I don’t see how this is a bad hire. His biggest challenge will be keeping the kids out and convincing the ones who maybe quit with the Hake news to come back out. Have to think he has the best chance of doing that compared to the other two they were considering.

This is a great hire for Western Reserve. I think it is smart to give another young guy a shot, it has been a successful recipe for them in the past. If Rach can bring some of that South Range tradition and culture, I don’t see how this is a bad hire. His biggest challenge will be keeping the kids out and convincing the ones who maybe quit with the Hake news to come back out. Have to think he has the best chance of doing that compared to the other two they were considering.

Are there a bunch of kids not playing next year due to Hake being fired? That seems dumb to me. It's one thing if they fired him because of politics or having a couple of down years, but he was fired for smoking pot in the bathroom at school! What did they expect, a slap on the wrist??? I can't see a bunch of kids not going out/leaving for another school because of this. But in today's day and age, anything is possible I guess.

Are there a bunch of kids not playing next year due to Hake being fired? That seems dumb to me. It's one thing if they fired him because of politics or having a couple of down years, but he was fired for smoking pot in the bathroom at school! What did they expect, a slap on the wrist??? I can't see a bunch of kids not going out/leaving for another school because of this. But in today's day and age, anything is possible I guess.
I have no information on this topic, but WR took their time in making a hire and there is always a transition. Clearly Hake was a great recruiter in the building and worshiped by the town. I imagine it has been a culture shock for the kids even if most adults are not surprised how this turned out. He was a hero to those kids and he had 60+ out at Division 7 Western Reserve. I’m simply saying I think a young guy like Rach with the South Range pedigree is the best chance to keep those numbers up.