Don Hertler JR returning??

It will be a short term gig, probably 2-3 years until he gets numbers back up and grooms a successor. He will still winter in Florida. He got his start there and wants to give back. Its a D7 program that hasn't been to the playoffs in forever. Kind of a no lose for Donny.
So he won't be around the kids year round like a normal coach would? Isn't that what a caring coach would do, be here for the kids year round, 24/7/365?

So he won't be around the kids year round like a normal coach would? Isn't that what a caring coach would do, be here for the kids year round, 24/7/365?
That's what parents are for. A high school football coach, making about $10,000, is for coaching football.

He'll do much more than that but we're talking about high school football not life or death.

That's what parents are for. A high school football coach, making about $10,000, is for coaching football.

He'll do much more than that but we're talking about high school football not life or death.
You and the boys sure gave ole Nate Moore the business for the Jamir Thomas incident.

Doesnt matter what a coach makes, it's supposed to be HIS program....if what 2scent says is true, and he's "winters in Fla" Or the South of France or wherever, that means he's not around for the offseason workout/lifting. His players are up here busting their butt in the weight room and he's nowhere to be found....having no idea what's going on with "HIS program." I just kind of find it funny.

You and the boys sure gave ole Nate Moore the business for the Jamir Thomas incident.

Doesnt matter what a coach makes, it's supposed to be HIS program....if what 2scent says is true, and he's "winters in Fla" Or the South of France or wherever, that means he's not around for the offseason workout/lifting. His players are up here busting their butt in the weight room and he's nowhere to be found....having no idea what's going on with "HIS program." I just kind of find it funny.
Nate Moore isn't working for $10K and expectations at are different from those at Conotton Valley.

Last edited by a moderator:
It will be a short term gig, probably 2-3 years until he gets numbers back up and grooms a successor. He will still winter in Florida. He got his start there and wants to give back. Its a D7 program that hasn't been to the playoffs in forever. Kind of a no lose for Donny.
How did that work out when Blackledge was the NC basketball coach ? You are either all in or all out.

Heff's the one who claims to know Hertler's "mantra." He's the one being put in his place. For good reason.
See....the question mark at the end of the sentence indicates that I believe....that YOU believe....that YOU know Hertlers "mantra." This back and forth thing is really not as fun when I have to explain every little thing to you.