Cross County Conference

Got to give props to Anna. They quickly ruled the roost in the CCC. Then migrated to better competition in the MAC. This season - a state championship. How many years have they had football - maybe 12 - 15 or so? Quite an accomplishment.
They've had football since 2000.

Since the MAC uses Versailles Championships before they joined the conference as state titles does the CCC get to claim Anna’s since they used to play in the conference ?‍♂️?‍♂️??. Congrats to Anna, I remember when I was in JR High and watching our JV play them the first year they had a team. At the time I had never seen that many kids on a HS field before. The community embraced the sport and they are enjoying the rewards tonight!!
Yes, the CCC gets their first title! And southwest Ohio also shares in the spoils. Most every CCC team allowed themselves to be pummeled by Anna at one time or another, great work teams. Now on to Ft Laramie, next title for CCC.

Since the MAC uses Versailles Championships before they joined the conference as state titles does the CCC get to claim Anna’s since they used to play in the conference ?‍♂️?‍♂️??. Congrats to Anna, I remember when I was in JR High and watching our JV play them the first year they had a team. At the time I had never seen that many kids on a HS field before. The community embraced the sport and they are enjoying the rewards tonight!!
Show where anyone has ever used all of Versailles titles. The MAC and OHSAA only recognize one title.
Marion 10 titles
Coldwater, Delphos and St Henry 6 each.
Minster 3
Versailles, Fort Recovery and Anna 1 each.
34 titles.
Never have I heard or read anyone claim the other 5.
The CupCake Conference will never win another football state championship. You are kicking out the only schools that would have a chance.

Got to give props to Anna. They quickly ruled the roost in the CCC. Then migrated to better competition in the MAC. This season - a state championship. How many years have they had football - maybe 12 - 15 or so? Quite an accomplishment.
While I don't know if we "quickly ruled the roost" or not, it was great that we started out in the CCC. We were able to get some wins and for our new program and that was a big boost. The older Rocket fans remember those days well and alot of memories were made. When the MAC invited us to join, it wasn't the easiest choice. We made the playoffs every year when in the CCC. However, we knew if we go to the MAC that would not happen. But history tells us what the choice was. In my eyes Anna will always owe the CCC for taking us in when we strarted football. When I heard the CCC was splitting that was a sad time for this Rocket fan, but time moves on. Thanks for the props TVSFAN. It was certainly an entertaining season for us. Best for luck for the 2 new leagues, however it won't be the same. And StateChampion2012 is correct, this was our 20th year of varsity football.

As a TCN person, do you feel that there is hope that this could be turned around in the next 3-4 years? I don't know how deep the issue is, but I feel like once certain groups shuffle though, things could start turning around. I feel like the worst I have seen it personally is the past 2 years on the basketball court. The 2017-2018 season being the worst. Really right on que with the new conference starting, TCN could be starting to head in a better direction. I saw TCN's junior high football team play this year and there should be some reason for optimism in the future.
This thing can get turned around really fast IF the right coach is hired and the kids buy into the program. With the athletic director they have in place I don't see that happening. They need someone with a iron fist so to speak. They need discipline and structure, something that has been lacking the last four or five years. We have talented players they just need the right direction to lead them down the right path. As a Billy D fan I do hope they don't go down that path again. We need to have a guy who can install a program and not just a varsity coach. I said at the start of the season we would be hard pressed to win 3 or 4 games and we won 1. It's not that we didn't have talent it's that we had young talent that hadn't played at that level, not to mention we had a tough schedule that didn't have the cupcake wins. I could see next years team with the right coach topping off at 8 wins next year, but on talent alone should win 5-6 games. I know it's a bold prediction but the talent is there. The biggest weakness is going to be the line play on both sides of the ball.

This thing can get turned around really fast IF the right coach is hired and the kids buy into the program. With the athletic director they have in place I don't see that happening. They need someone with a iron fist so to speak. They need discipline and structure, something that has been lacking the last four or five years. We have talented players they just need the right direction to lead them down the right path. As a Billy D fan I do hope they don't go down that path again. We need to have a guy who can install a program and not just a varsity coach. I said at the start of the season we would be hard pressed to win 3 or 4 games and we won 1. It's not that we didn't have talent it's that we had young talent that hadn't played at that level, not to mention we had a tough schedule that didn't have the cupcake wins. I could see next years team with the right coach topping off at 8 wins next year, but on talent alone should win 5-6 games. I know it's a bold prediction but the talent is there. The biggest weakness is going to be the line play on both sides of the ball.
I guess the first step is to see what coach comes in and takes over. Are there any names being thrown out there yet?

Then in terms of the season, it's my understanding that the CCC teams (in the final year), will have the same schedule next year that they had this year. In terms of who they play in the conference. If that's the case TCN will have another tough task at hand. Getting to 8 wins sounds a little steep. Covington, Fort Loramie and Brookville will almost for sure be losses. As well as Miami East, Arcanum, Ansonia, Dayton Christian and Trail all being decent. I think 5 wins could be a reasonable ceiling for TCN next year from what I've seen.

Have there been any names thrown out there for the TCN position yet? I realize it's still a little early but I was just curious.

Have there been any names thrown out there for the TCN position yet? I realize it's still a little early but I was just curious.
Job was just posted last week. I wonder if there are any openings in the building?
That could go a long way to who they can get. Already behind the 8 ball with no one to run the weight room.
Could end up like last year where the coach is a late hire and have to try and pull it together in the summer.

Job was just posted last week. I wonder if there are any openings in the building?
That could go a long way to who they can get. Already behind the 8 ball with no one to run the weight room.
Could end up like last year where the coach is a late hire and have to try and pull it together in the summer.
Hopefully they can fill the position quickly and get someone to come in get things rolling. I think it still has to be an appealing position. The Junior High team for TCN was very good this year and there is going to be an opportunity to win a lot of games when the new conference forms.

Any new updates with the TCN head coaching position? The position has been posted for a month now, it seems like they would try to hire someone quickly.

Derringer? Seems like he was a good coach for TCN. Now they can work on discipline and fundamentals. TCN certainly has the talent to do damage.

How long before he retires again, and North is back looking for a new coach every 2-3 years.
This will be the 3rd coach in 3 years, which is tough. Even if Derringer only stays for 5 years, they need something to get things back on track. I think TCN will be fine in the long run.

Wrong.

You may see some outside publications who do not have a clue when teams joined lumping them all together by simply adding the titles up, but no refutable MAC fan, school or official counts those state titles as MAC titles.

Nice try though.

Show where anyone has ever used all of Versailles titles. The MAC and OHSAA only recognize one title.
Marion 10 titles
Coldwater, Delphos and St Henry 6 each.
Minster 3
Versailles, Fort Recovery and Anna 1 each.
34 titles.
Never have I heard or read anyone claim the other 5.
The CupCake Conference will never win another football state championship. You are kicking out the only schools that would have a chance.
That j/o didnt know what they were talking about.......

That j/o didnt know what they were talking about.......
Was AHS90 correct? I dont think the CCConference has ever won a state title, so technically it would be incorrect to say they will never win ANOTHER.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was AHS90 correct? I dont think the CCConference has ever won a state title, so technically it would be incorrect to say they will never win ANOTHER.
Was talking about the person said whom the MAC includes Versailles in their MAC titles

Word on the street is that TVS will now be looking for a new head football coach. I don't know the details of why the coach is leaving, but it sounds like it may have been his decision to leave.

BucksFan937 - interesting news if that is true. If accurate, the timing hurts a bit because a lot of coaches that would have been available have already found teams. So the available pool of candidates will be a lot smaller.

BucksFan937 - interesting news if that is true. If accurate, the timing hurts a bit because a lot of coaches that would have been available have already found teams. So the available pool of candidates will be a lot smaller.
It’s definitely not good timing and it is true. Sounding like he’s taking a coaching job at Southeastern. Not sure if it’s the head coach spot or not but it’s pending him getting a teaching position at the school. But he is done at TVS. I’m not sure what kind of interest that we will get as a replacement.

They've had football since 2000.
Yep, and on a funny note... I remember when their program starting out and they were still playing a JV schedule. In 1999 my school (TVS) sent a JV squad of 15-20 Freshman/Sophomore boys up to Anna to play their Varsity team of 60 kids. What resulted is one of the worst beatings known to high school football. We always laugh about that one still....

Yep, and on a funny note... I remember when their program starting out and they were still playing a JV schedule. In 1999 my school (TVS) sent a JV squad of 15-20 Freshman/Sophomore boys up to Anna to play their Varsity team of 60 kids. What resulted is one of the worst beatings known to high school football. We always laugh about that one still....
How does that happen? Did the AD and coach not know what they were walking into or is it a matter of "we scheduled it before we knew what they were" type of encounter?

How does that happen? Did the AD and coach not know what they were walking into or is it a matter of "we scheduled it before we knew what they were" type of encounter?
I believe at that time no one knew that Anna was going to start a program and be so good immediately. Over the years in the CCC, we've witnessed Tri Village and Bradford play a JV schedule before they were allowed to play Varsity. It's just when Anna started their program they literally arrived season 1 and was a playoff caliber team.

The TVS job has officially been posted on the OHSAA site. It'll be interesting to see who we end up hiring. We need someone good to come in and fire the program up. We've had great numbers the past 3-4 years, and I'll give Bartlett a lot of credit with getting boys to come out and play. We've had 40+ boys the last couple years. If we can keep the numbers and have a guy come in that gets a good system in place, we could be clicking when the new conference begins, which would be great.