Richmond High School Gym seats 7,800!!

Yes they build serious high school gyms in Indiana and Kentucky. Good news is Ohio has built some really nice facilities in the last several years, just not near as big as the Kentucky or Indiana ones

I've been to both New Castle and Muncie Central. Indiana high school hoops is a sight to behold! Saw the outside of Anderson's gym before the school consolidation there. Think the Wigwam held about 8 or 9k.

Ha, yea, probably a JV game. But they're definitely not in their heyday. Five years ago things were a little different:

Sectionals in Indiana get pretty crazy, though:

Attachments

• 1581548526342.png
    1581548526342.png
    670.6 KB · Views: 23
I've been to both New Castle and Muncie Central. Indiana high school hoops is a sight to behold! Saw the outside of Anderson's gym before the school consolidation there. Think the Wigwam held about 8 or 9k.
Lived in Muncie for a few years in the 80's and 90's. They are crazy. Benn to Munice Central and New Castle Gyms.

I was all the hot stuff in my gym class. So dorm intramurals, bunch of nerdy kids seemed an easy thing to get involved. That's when I learned B-ball be serious in Indiana. I think their honors credit requires the lay-up, foul shot and three in under 13.

Indiana has been light hears ahead of Ohio in publicizing their games. In the 80s we could watch a lot of their tournament games live on tv. Was just telling the boy today how teams had to play two games in a day on the tourny on Indiana. Over 40k was in attendance to watch Bedford north Lawrence and Damon Bailey in the finals.

Wife graduated from Jay County. They have a huge gym as well. Knew basketball was popular in Indiana, but wow, impressive.

What are the enrollments of some of these schools? I know with consolidation some are really big. What is game attendance at some of these schools?

DSJ played at Bellmont in Decatur, IN a few years ago. Their gym seats 3,200 but I don't know if it was a quarter full.