IVC- 2019-20

I'm at a loss here. Can you explain further?

I believe, and correct me if I’m wrong Hiland fans, that they passed twice so Hiland went on line 1 and Malvern went on line 9 so they are at opposite sides of bracket. Rosecrans then went on line 3 and the 2nd game of the tournament is played at higher seeded school. So instead of playing Hiland on a neutral floor they will play them at Rosecrans in the 2nd round of tourney. 1 vs 2. Guess this is more of a question for Hiland fans, about how they feel

I believe, and correct me if I’m wrong Hiland fans, that they passed twice so Hiland went on line 1 and Malvern went on line 9 so they are at opposite sides of bracket. Rosecrans then went on line 3 and the 2nd game of the tournament is played at higher seeded school. So instead of playing Hiland on a neutral floor they will play them at Rosecrans in the 2nd round of tourney. 1 vs 2. Guess this is more of a question for Hiland fans, about how they feel

As a NEO guy, I forgot about the old days of the draw when the top seeds could pass and then put themselves on the bracket at any time. If the order of events took place as you described, then it ends up being a good deal for Malvern since they potentially have to beat only 1 of those 2 teams to win the district. It is telling that Rosecrans decided to jump on Hiland and not Malvern after both went on the bracket. I get what Rosecrans is thinking in that if they're eventually going to have to play Hiland, then they might as well play at home. On the flip side, Rosecrans could've put themselves on the bracket first and maybe pushed both Hiland and Malvern to the other half of the bracket where at least 1 of the 2 would be eliminated before Rosecrans would play them.

Last edited:
Yea I'm still piss about it, but it was is,yea I'm sure Malvern is on cloud nine, only having to face one of three favorites, but I wouldn't count Shadyside out of this just yet there playing really good bb right they could be dangerous out, Bishop Rosecrans loses 8 serious off this team, what comes around goes around,we will see if my Hawks get the chance to jump on them first game,we have enough talent coming back next year to be good again

Hiland takes down Ridgewood 55-46 to get some revenge and earn a share of the IVC South! Ridgewood has now lost two in a row after starting the season 19-0 and suffers their first conference loss of the year.

Here's how I think the IVC showcase games

0-12 Conotton Valley vs 0-12 N'town
3-9. East Canton vs 2-10 Indian Valley
4-8. Tusky Catholic vs 4-7 Claymont
7-5 Strasburg. vs 6-5. Buckeye Trail
7-5. Sandy Valley. vs. 7-5. Garaway
9-3. Tusky Valley. vs. 11-1. Hiland
12-0Malvern. vs. 11-1. Ridgewood

Tie breaker goes to the best overall record,at least that's what I'm thinking

Haven't really been able to get out to many basketball games this year. We had this discussion on the football thread so I thought I'd start it on the basketball thread.

Which IVC teams have had the best game night atmosphere this season?

I believe, and correct me if I’m wrong Hiland fans, that they passed twice so Hiland went on line 1 and Malvern went on line 9 so they are at opposite sides of bracket. Rosecrans then went on line 3 and the 2nd game of the tournament is played at higher seeded school. So instead of playing Hiland on a neutral floor they will play them at Rosecrans in the 2nd round of tourney. 1 vs 2.
As an impartial fan, if this is actually what happened, I think this is a genius move!

The Malvern at Tusky Valley was the best game atmosphere of the season. The gym was completely packed and both student sections were very loud and the game went into overtime.

Would you be saying that if it happen to Triway
It stinks for whoever the team is that has to beat a top-tier team on their home gym in the tournament. But it doesn't change the fact that it was a genius move.

Are Hiland fans more upset that they have to play Rosecrans at their home gym? Or are they more upset that Rosecrans coaches had the audacity to use their seed to their advantage?

Would you be saying that if it happen to Triway
Your lucky that the Northeast district seeds teams, like they do for college basketball, or we wouldn't be having this discussion, about East district seedings, I'm sure there will be changes coming for East district seedings

It stinks for whoever the team is that has to beat a top-tier team on their home gym in the tournament. But it doesn't change the fact that it was a genius move.

Are Hiland fans more upset that they have to play Rosecrans at their home gym? Or are they more upset that Rosecrans coaches had the audacity to use their seed to their advantage?
No it's about playing them on there floor,I wouldn't care if we had to play them the first game of the tournament,as long as it's on a neutral floor

Your very funny,well at least we're getting turf for our soccer field, that's more than I can say for Rosecrans ,they don't even have there own football field,they have to play there games at Zanesville h.s., there's plenty of schools all around Ohio in D4 that doesn't have a football program,and they don't have the success we have in basketball, what your excuse with our girls program, they don't have football either,wonder why

As an impartial fan, if this is actually what happened, I think this is a genius move!

The fact that Rosecrans' strategy sticks in some Hiland fans' craws makes me agree that it's a genius move. They found a loophole in the East District seeding regulations and used it to their advantage, a la Bill Belichick. It's up to Hiland to make the strategy backfire.

I wish the NE district still gave the teams more freedom to choose their spots on the bracket. Don't get me wrong though. I don't wish to go all the way back to the days of the random number draw for the teams that were not voted as a top 4 seed. That was a stupid way to place the remaining teams on the bracket.

Can't be upset with those who play by the rules. It's a bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays off for them.

Your very funny,well at least we're getting turf for our soccer field, that's more than I can say for Rosecrans ,they don't even have there own football field,they have to play there games at Zanesville h.s., there's plenty of schools all around Ohio in D4 that doesn't have a football program,and they don't have the success we have in basketball, what your excuse with our girls program, they don't have football either,wonder why
Uh, wrong.

Does Malvern still recruit? New faces this year that were not there last year

I do know for a fact that Bob aka Junior Samples is the president of their recruiting committee. He also holds all of the money and is the bagman. Not affiliated with the school officially, but a Tucci relative so delivering the pitch and inducements is easy for Coach T with a degree of separation. Bob also has deep state and Bildeberger Group ties, so this conspiracy goes beyond just the black helicopter Bob takes on recruiting trips. Worldwide evil is being done and a lot of it is coming from Malvern.

But this is top secret info, so dont tell anyone - especially the OHSAA, FBI, CIA, or the Amish Mafia.

Last edited:
I do know for a fact that Bob aka Junior Samples is the president of their recruiting committee. He also holds all of the money and is the bagman. Not affiliated with the school officially, but a Tucci relative so delivering the pitch and inducements is easy for Coach T with a degree of separation. Bob also has deep state and Bildeberger group ties, so this conspiracy goes beyond just the black helicopter Bob takes on recruiting trips. World wild evil is being done and a lot of it is coming from Malvern.

But this is top secret info, so dont tell anyone - especially the OHSAA, FBI, CIA, or the Amish Mafia.
the Hornets have 1 player on their roster that didn't play junior high at Malvern and the school he went to closed (Heratige Christian)and this is his second year at Malvern and I haven't seen junior since his daughter graduated probably 6 or 7 years ago

the Hornets have 1 player on their roster that didn't play junior high at Malvern and the school he went to closed (Heratige Christian)and this is his second year at Malvern and I haven't seen junior since his daughter graduated probably 6 or 7 years ago
Just trying to demonstrate the absurdity of the troll... by being absurd.

A 5'3" fat kid whose primary talent is eating cheese puffs open enrolls/transfers/moves into a new district. Not a single person cares that he did or why he did it. A tall, muscular kid with some serious athletic ability makes the same move, and all of a sudden there are thousands of people who "know" because they "heard" about exactly how it happened and why it happened. Maybe the kid wasn't happy with school or ball where he was, and his parents made a choice that they thought would put him in a better situation. That's what I am going to assume until I see some actual hard evidence that it was actually something more nefarious.

Oh, and the other thing that drives me up a wall, is when a kid moves into the troll's district from outside the boundaries, well, that's obviously all on the up and up. But when Malvern got an All-Ohioan transfer in 1937, well, you see, clearly, that makes them a school that recruits players - and, clearly, it is the culture and practice of the program, leading to the assumption that it is on-going. It's so stupid that it can't even be countered rationally because no amount of facts, evidence, or reason can fix that degree of stupid.

Last edited:
Just trying to demonstrate the absurdity of the troll... by being absurd.

A 5'3" fat kid whose primary talent is eating cheese puffs open enrolls/transfers/moves into a new district. Not a single person cares that he did or why he did it. A tall, muscular kid with some serious athletic ability makes the same move, and all of a sudden there are thousands of people who "know" because they "heard" about exactly how it happened and why it happened. Maybe the kid wasn't happy with school or ball where he was, and his parents made a choice that they thought would put him in a better situation. That's what I am going to assume until I see some actual hard evidence that it was actually something more nefarious.

Oh, and the other thing that drives me up a wall, is when a kid moves into the troll's district from outside the boundaries, well, that's obviously all on the up and up. But when Malvern got an All-Ohioan transfer in 1937, well, you see, clearly, that makes them a school that recruits players - and, clearly, it is the culture and practice of the program, leading to the assumption that it is on-going. It's so stupid that it can't even be countered rationally because no amount of facts, evidence, or reason can fix that degree of stupid.

Well said sir. Also, if you provide a good program you don't need to worry about your players being "recruited" and leaving because they have no reason to leave. I don't think there are any 3rd or 4th graders waiting for the day other IVC schools can recruit them. At this point, they all plan on playing where they are. Unfortunately, a lot of times the school gives them reason to move on.

I think Rosecrans has been getting sick and tired over the years of some shady officiating during tourney time. I could be wrong but I think a Hiland grad officiated a Hiland/ Rosecrans girls district final game and neutral observers who attended that game even said it was shady against Rosecrans. The coach's daughter from Rosecrans might of been a player on that team. Maybe they think they can avoid that situation by playing Hiland at home instead of a neutral location.

I'm pretty sure you could say Malvern was hurt more by transfer than helped lost a player to St.V who went on to be DII POY in 17 and they were in 3 regionals and lost a district final by 1 in the 4 years he would have been there just a hunch he may have helped the Hornets to state we'll never know

I think Rosecrans has been getting sick and tired over the years of some shady officiating during tourney time. I could be wrong but I think a Hiland grad officiated a Hiland/ Rosecrans girls district final game and neutral observers who attended that game even said it was shady against Rosecrans. The coach's daughter from Rosecrans might of been a player on that team. Maybe they think they can avoid that situation by playing Hiland at home instead of a neutral location.
Who are talking about what official ref. that game,tell me his name