2020 Barberton Football Schedule

Lots of respect for scheduling that non league gauntlet. Tricky spot for the Magics... outside of Aurora, not a lot of points to be had in conference but that's a lot of pressure to split those non league games.

Lots of respect for scheduling that non league gauntlet. Tricky spot for the Magics... outside of Aurora, not a lot of points to be had in conference but that's a lot of pressure to split those non league games.

I look for Highland to rebound and for Kent to be pretty good

I like the schedule. But, would like to play Wadsworth most seasons, shame they haven't played the last four or five seasons. Most years Barberton should play Wadsworth, Stow, and a marquee game like Hoban, or Benedictine. I would like Buchtel to stay on the schedule every year also because they play a different style of hard hitting, quick paced football that is good playoff prep. 1. Wadsworth, 2. Stow, 3. Buchtel, 4. Benedictine/Hoban to go along with the rest of Suburban. That would for sure have them ready for playoffs, and if they can't get in because of the schedule then they didn't belong in the playoffs.

I like the schedule. But, would like to play Wadsworth most seasons, shame they haven't played the last four or five seasons. Most years Barberton should play Wadsworth, Stow, and a marquee game like Hoban, or Benedictine. I would like Buchtel to stay on the schedule every year also because they play a different style of hard hitting, quick paced football that is good playoff prep. 1. Wadsworth, 2. Stow, 3. Buchtel, 4. Benedictine/Hoban to go along with the rest of Suburban. That would for sure have them ready for playoffs, and if they can't get in because of the schedule then they didn't belong in the playoffs.

What about Massillon Washington, after 2020? I hope so.

Playing st v every year and add Beaverton to the mix

What about Massillon Washington, after 2020? I hope so.

Barberton won't have an open spot after week 3 as Cuyahoga Falls will become the 8th team in the American Division starting in 2021. Louisville is on the schedule for the opener in 2021. Stow contract ends after 2020 and I'm not sure if Buchtel is a one and done or not

Barberton won't have an open spot after week 3 as Cuyahoga Falls will become the 8th team in the American Division starting in 2021. Louisville is on the schedule for the opener in 2021. Stow contract ends after 2020 and I'm not sure if Buchtel is a one and done or not

Thanks for the info.

Why, you weren't entertained last year? I thought it was a very good game.

It was a good game. Barberton will no longer have an open week during conference play as Cuyahoga Falls will move to the Suburban American starting in the fall of 2021. Barberton's out of league games will only be weeks 1-3. While that certainly leaves open the possibility for future games with Massillon, I'm hearing that Wadsworth, Hoover and Ravenna are on the immediate horizon for the Magics non league schedule, but that is just rumor.

It was a good game. Barberton will no longer have an open week during conference play as Cuyahoga Falls will move to the Suburban American starting in the fall of 2021. Barberton's out of league games will only be weeks 1-3. While that certainly leaves open the possibility for future games with Massillon, I'm hearing that Wadsworth, Hoover and Ravenna are on the immediate horizon for the Magics non league schedule, but that is just rumor.
Did you tackle Obie and wrestle him?

As much as I didn't like the outcome, I thought that it was great having Massillon at Barberton Stadium, great crowd, great atmosphere, everything that Friday night HS football should be.
I liked having the Tigers there also, I wish every season the Magics hosted a big time game like St. Edward, Hoban, Massillon because Barberton always represents well in huge games.

It was alot of fun being there and nostalgic. I wouldn't overreact to losing to a 14-1 team, with a young team yourself. It was a competitive game for the most part and I believe your jv's won. But selfish bias aside I can see Wadsworth, Ravenna, or even Hoover making sense also. Those would be good series too and probably more conducive results over time.

It was alot of fun being there and nostalgic. I wouldn't overreact to losing to a 14-1 team, with a young team yourself. It was a competitive game for the most part and I believe your jv's won. But selfish bias aside I can see Wadsworth, Ravenna, or even Hoover making sense also. Those would be good series too and probably more conducive results over time.

I wouldnt rule out games with Massillon in the future. The next few years may not but I would say that after 2022 I would say there is a good chance