Suburban League American & National (2019-2020)

I knew Tallmadge was going to give Barberton a battle last night. Congrats to Tallmadge on a hard fought victory. Looks like back to the drawing board for the Magics. I really like the new head coach. I just hope the young men can buy in to his system and play unselfish team ball. I did not attend last night's game but losing a 21 point lead is very concerning if you are a Barberton backer. At least the JVs and Freshmen team got W's last night.

I knew Tallmadge was going to give Barberton a battle last night. Congrats to Tallmadge on a hard fought victory. Looks like back to the drawing board for the Magics. I really like the new head coach. I just hope the young men can buy in to his system and play unselfish team ball. I did not attend last night's game but losing a 21 point lead is very concerning if you are a Barberton backer. At least the JVs and Freshmen team got W's last night.
Mirror halves. Turnovers/lack of rebounding and poor shot selection in the first half by Tallmadge. Same for Barberton in the 2nd. Couple plays late decided it. Closely matched teams. This league seems to be that outside of Revere.

Was that Bill Reynolds reffing last night at Tallmadge? Jesus Christ he was bad.
I don't know the names but it was interesting. The one guy couldn't wait to put the ball down and count following a timeout rather than just urge the teams out. The call that lead to the Barberton technical was a clean block then compounded by the ref who did not make the call be the one to call the techinical foul. It is often baffling to see what is called.

Closely matched teams. This league seems to be that outside of Revere.
Agreed. Copley seems to be coming on. Kent falling back a little. Almost seemed that Barberton was jockeying for that #2 spot. Really seems that anyone in the league could take the #2 spot.

Revere seems to be a notch above everyone else. What makes their start even more impressive is that 4 of their 6 SLA games were on the road.

Howe. Did you sleep when Jr. And Sawyers coaching. There was NO TEAM Ball at all. They are playing better team Ball. Watch without Sawyers googles.

What's the story behind this upset?
Was at the game. Falls played the best they have all season. The point guard led the team with 19 hitting some jumpers and driving layups. He's very quick and when he doesn't turn the ball over they are competitive. Junior off the bench scored 16 on some nice shots and drives. They are getting their best scorer back who has been out with mono. If he comes back and can play well they should at least be able to be competitive in every game here out and steal a couple more wins.

Nordonia couldn't make anything shooting wise. Falls was up 20 in the third. In the 4th Nordonia went full court press and created turnovers that led to baskets. Will be interesting to see if teams start pressing them more as they didn't handle it well. The 4th quarter was sloppy for both teams and got Nordonia back into it.

Falls can compete if they play scrappy and hit some shots.

Weird thing is they start two kids who don't play much in the second half of games. The kid who does the jump ball barely gets off the ground and they clearly have other kids who are far more athletic and better players.

Current Standings:

American:
Revere (6-0) (8-1)
Roosevelt (4-1) (7-2)
Barberton (3-2) (7-3)
Tallmadge (2-3) (4-7)
Copley (2-3) (3-6)
Highland (1-4) (3-6)
Aurora (0-5) (2-7)

National:
North Royalton (6-0) (9-1)
Brecksville-Broadview Heights (4-2) (7-3)
Twinsburg (4-2) (6-4)
Stow-Munroe Falls (3-3) (4-5)
Nordonia (3-3) (4-6)
Hudson (2-4) (3-6)
Cuyahoga Falls (1-5) (2-6)
Wadsworth (1-5) (1-8)

Revere lost a tight game to richmond hts over the weekend. Revere's first loss of the season. Richmond hts has a good shot of winning the d4 state championship.

Amazed how Coach Dente underachieves every year. His team is the most talented team in the league and they just got their second league win? What is the record for total losses in a season. Between the failing boys and failing girls program, Dente my shatter it.

Amazed how Coach Dente underachieves every year. His team is the most talented team in the league and they just got their second league win? What is the record for total losses in a season. Between the failing boys and failing girls program, Dente my shatter it.
Didn't they just got to the Elite 8 as like a 5 seed in their district a few years ago? And prior to this year, they have run over the entire league with the exception of Revere, who has been just as talented, if not moreso.

Copley has had a great run the last few years. most teams in the SL would be happy to have had their success. Even though this was a tough start for Copley, they are starting to play well. They will be in the thick of the SLA standings at the end of the year.

How are the student sections in the Suburban League?

I've been to a few games and have been pleasantly surprised by some (Cuyahoga Falls/Copley) and a little disappointed in at least one (*cough* Tallmadge *cough*).

Students sections should be a big part of the experience. The worst thing is no student section. The second worst is students sitting around not caring about the game.

SeNior class is bad .starting underclassmen.

Copley has had a great run the last few years. most teams in the SL would be happy to have had their success. Even though this was a tough start for Copley, they are starting to play well. They will be in the thick of the SLA standings at the end of the year.
I agree they have had success but the problem is the talent that he recruits and brings in they should be so much better.

Tonight's games:

American:
Copley at Aurora
Kent Roosevelt at Barberton
Tallmadge at Highland

National:
Hudson at Twinsburg
Stow at Cuyahoga Falls
Nordonia at North Royalton
Brecksville-Broadview Hts at Wadsworth

I agree they have had success but the problem is the talent that he recruits and brings in they should be so much better.
This year it seems their best players are freshmen -- they should only get better and I think one of their more experienced kids was out for a month or so. I would not be surprised if they continue to improve significantly this season.