Central Buckeye Conference 2020

Really ? Marino has 1 state title in 5 years at Anna, Stokes 2 titles at Minster in 7 years. Although both good coaches esp. Stokes their programs are not at the level where they have a good chance of winning state every year ( esp. if Coldwater or Marion Local are in their division ). Anna loses 22 srs. from a team that only had 5 jrs., the Rockets will be hard pressed to be 500 next season.
Anna won't be "great" next year. that's why I think Marino makes sense here, if he wants it.

Really ? Marino has 1 state title in 5 years at Anna, Stokes 2 titles at Minster in 7 years. Although both good coaches esp. Stokes their programs are not at the level where they have a good chance of winning state every year ( esp. if Coldwater or Marion Local are in their division ). Anna loses 22 srs. from a team that only had 5 jrs., the Rockets will be hard pressed to be 500 next season.
I think they both are logical coaches for that position......they BOTH pretty dang good coaches and secondly is that they both are from that area, both having played and coached for Urbana.... i think that both those coaches have accomplished alot in their current jobs,and would be considered a hellva hire...

Last edited:
well maybe one of the LEGENDS of Goodwin and Otten will bless Bellefountaine with accepting the coaching position this week

well maybe one of the LEGENDS of Goodwin and Otten will bless Bellefountaine with accepting the coaching position this week
Coach Goodwin has been known to dabble in the open coaches market in the past so maybe that is a possibility but he has a pretty good gig there in Maria Stein.

I think they both are logical coaches for that position......they BOTH pretty dang good coaches and secondly is that they both are from that area, both having played and coached for Urbana.... i think that both those coaches have accomplished alot in their current jobs,and would be considered a hellva hire...
Did I say anything differently ? I believe both would be more successful at Bellefontaine than their current jobs. How many MAC titles has Stokes won ( 1 ) and Marino never has def. Marion Local. The only question is at their current jobs they can run things as they see fit, would they be able to do that at Bellefontaine or anywhere else.

I couldn’t fathom a coach leaving ML, Minster, Anna for Bellefontaine, I just can’t.
Young boys grow up with a huge desire to play football in those communities.
In the MAC it’s a pride thing, it’s family, it’s cousins playing each other on Friday nights. It’s families supporting each other from week 11 through 15, It’s a league pride not seen anywhere else in Ohio, let alone in this part of the US.
I don’t know any of these coaches personally, but they’ve had a taste of the CBC, being from and coaching in Urbana.
Bellefountaine is not a step up nor a challenge loosing what they already have their hands on?
IMO, I just don’t see it.

Coach Goodwin has been known to dabble in the open coaches market in the past so maybe that is a possibility but he has a pretty good gig there in Maria Stein.
Goodwin isn't going any where, that ship has passed, since he is a Principal......

Did I say anything differently ? I believe both would be more successful at Bellefontaine than their current jobs. How many MAC titles has Stokes won ( 1 ) and Marino never has def. Marion Local. The only question is at their current jobs they can run things as they see fit, would they be able to do that at Bellefontaine or anywhere else.
successful in meaning league titles?

hahaha! Wishful thinking. Goodwin isn't leaving and he sure as heck wouldn't leave for Bellefontaine. The student/athlete at Marion Local and the family demographics are on two completely different planets.

More successful at Bellefontaine than they are at their current jobs?

Everyone gives lip service to winning the league. Yes, it is important to a point and a building block to get where you want to go (playoffs) but lets be realistic here. Someone is guaranteed a league title each year, sometimes more than one.

You are not guaranteed playoff wins or state titles.

While league banners are nice, in any sport, what you really recall is what happens during the postseason. I do not exactly recall where we finished in the league in 2 of my seasons, and when you get together and talk about the old times and what people remember is what happens in the postseason.

Could either of those 3-4 coaches win a title at Bellefontaine? You have some mighty big goliaths around the state to take down.
While Bellefontaine is the prettiesst girl on the dance floor in the area and they get the transfers in from Ben Logan, Indian Lake, West Liberty Salem, it would still be a tough row to hoe come the playoffs.

I highly doubt any of those coaches stated would make this move to Chieftain Country.

Want to find get to the bottom of this story? Look internally or to schools from the east of the city to fill this attractive position.

I don’t think there’s any chance Cotner even gets an interview
While you may be correct, I can tell you with absolute certainty that Cotner will not even apply for the job. He is 100% focused on the Urbana program and what needs to be done there. Anything said to the contrary is made up fake news and is completely false.

While you may be correct, I can tell you with absolute certainty that Cotner will not even apply for the job. He is 100% focused on the Urbana program and what needs to be done there. Anything said to the contrary is made up fake news and is completely false.
Urbana will never be good again which sucks.

Word on the street has it that Coach Brown will be back as BHS HC. Things have changed for him since his first stint. At that time he was basically a kid coaching kids. Tough position to be in with the parents in this town. He left B town and went to coach in Fort Myers Fla for several years.This is a similar situation to our baseball program, we brought Brunswick back.......

Word on the street has it that Coach Brown will be back as BHS HC. Things have changed for him since his first stint. At that time he was basically a kid coaching kids. Tough position to be in with the parents in this town. He left B town and went to coach in Fort Myers Fla for several years.This is a similar situation to our baseball program, we brought Brunswick back.......
Im also hearing rumors that someone from Missouri might be interested.

That’s interesting that he’d take a job where yes they have talent but they will still not have the talent of the other schools in the league. Also with them being in D2 they will struggle to make the playoffs not to mention they’ve got to play TCC every year .

But I wish him nothing but the best of luck it’ll be interesting to see if he can make them competitive again.

Mauks 5 wide attack would not fit at bellefontaine. They don’t have the athletes to run what he likes.