2019 - 2020 Canton McKinley Boys Basketball Schedule

Two in a row against a couple of real good teams,LETS GO PUPS!
McKinley can play some ball. Knocking off the Western Pennsylvania unbeaten #1 by 12 and beating Green's big unbeaten state power here in Ohio by 7 says as much. And they are mostly underclassmen, so the future looks bright for our Pups. . St. Ignatius @ Sullivan Gym in Cleveland's Ohio City tonight will be another tough one because no matter what record the Wildcats have, they play us tough, especially in their house.

Go Bulldogs!

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION

For anyone interested I’ll have updates of the McKinley & St. Ignatius game tonight in the Federal league page.

Travel safely over this way next week Bulldogs! Make sure you grab some Kewpee while here! Looking forward to a good game.

The crowd and the refs were horrible

I watched this. Granted after McKinley's head coach got tossed the momentum changed. The Bulldogs stopped playing defense and got straight outhustled. Ignatius kept grinding. Even in the first half I was astounded at how many times the Cats beat McKinley back down court.

The Cats have mostly played with great defensive intensity under new Head Coach Cam Joyce. The offense remains a work in progress.

Does anyone know what specifically incensed McKinley’s coach before he got ejected? It seemed like a fairly benign play and it was a fair amount after the whistle, while an injured Ignatius player was being helped off the court, when he ran onto the floor and began screaming at one of the refs.

I watched this. Granted after McKinley's head coach got tossed the momentum changed. The Bulldogs stopped playing defense and got straight outhustled. Ignatius kept grinding. Even in the first half I was astounded at how many times the Cats beat McKinley back down court.
After the coach was ejected it all down hill. What did they even eject him for?

He said something that the official didnt like. The ref was quick with it too, just threw him out. Either dude was extremely thin skinned or the coach said something about his mother..Anyway like I posted earlier, the Pups lost their intensity on the defensive end.

The pups collapsed without their head coach. One of the assistant coaches should have done something to stop the onslaught. Hard to believe given the er, complexion, of the teams, but Ignatius was noticeably faster.

Last edited:
The crowd and the refs were horrible
We dropped St. Edward 15 years ago for the same crap. After we did, we went on to back-to-back State Championships. This is the second time in 3 trips to St. Ignatius that we were homered big time. Our regional runners-up were way better than Ignatius in '15, but got homered so bad they ended up with the L. We aren't in a league with them and we don't need them. We aren't afraid to play anyone, but we won't be treated with this kind of disrespect. Time to pull the plug on them, too. Coach V, you have my support 100%. You have never been inappropriately annoyed, even in the face of some really bad adversity. Your demeanor is exemplary. Time to move on...

Go Pups!

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION

The Ref's ejected the coach for nothing.. before that would you like to recap the game and who was winning?

I've watched the video broadcast several times

Ignatius was leading 48-44 at the 1:48 mark of the 3rd quarter. The Pups player missed a layup and Ignatius #21 rebounded the miss. When #21 landed, his knee buckled and he called a time out. During the time-out, the McKinley coach got into an argument with one of the refs, came out onto the middle floor and ultimately had to be restrained by one of his assistants. A double technical was called.

The Pups started out the game fast hitting their 3 pointers. At half, the Pups were up by 1.
The Cats took the lead in the first 10 seconds of the 3rd quarter and led the entire way thereafter.
The Pups 3-point shots weren't falling after the 1st quarter and Ignatius beat them on transitions. Pretty simple.

With reference to a football game, this was pretty mild compared to a game vs. St. Edward, SVSM or one of the GCL-S teams.

With reference to so-called homering, watch the video broadcast and provide the cases of such