2019 - 2020 Canton McKinley Boys Basketball Schedule

I was going to predict that McKinley was going to beat Green or give them a close game.

But after looking at there schedule they play Cleveland St Ignatius the following night.

So the Pups are going to have to play a lot of 2nd stringers so they are ready for Iggy the following night

It's December 12, 2019

Nothing again in the Canton Repository or the Evening Independent about the Canton McKinley vs Massillon Perry game Tuesday night.

:unsure: :unsure: ? :D :p :) :mad:

2019 YAPPI CHALLENGE CHAMPION

This is IUDOGS signing off

I’ve heard enough about this.

How about instead of complaining, contact someone at the McKinley athletic department and let know you would like to have access to the box scores.
Unless the Rep has a reporter covering the game they are not going to cover it.
If you see other teams box scores in the paper it is because they are submitting them!

I’ve heard enough about this.

How about instead of complaining, contact someone at the McKinley athletic department and let know you would like to have access to the box scores.
Unless the Rep has a reporter covering the game they are not going to cover it.
If you see other teams box scores in the paper it is because they are submitting them!
Just a matter of someone making a phone call to The Rep.

Just a matter of someone making a phone call to The Rep.
Not exactly.

The area papers are so short-staffed, nobody is available on game nights to take box scores via the phone. If they're working that night, the sportswriters are out covering games. Taking a pic of the scorebook won't get it done either because 1) there's nobody at the sports desk to transcribe the data into the format that goes to print and 2) the pics may come out blurry, or the writing might be illegible. Box scores must be faxed or e-mailed. If e-mailed, the Rep wants scorekeepers to use their print-ready format which works great for them but is rather clunky for the scorekeepers, IMHO. Unless a writer is on hand covering the game, then whoever sends in the results is basically writing the HS sports round-up article for the paper.

If I was AD for a day, I'd make it so that sending the results to the local media is a requirement for the head coach, which he or she can then delegate to an assistant or the team scorekeeper. If all else fails, I would demand that the results of all contests be sent to me, so that I can forward the results to the media or post on the school's sports web page. A school's athletic results should not be that difficult to find in this day and age.

Last edited:
Not exactly.

The area papers are so short-staffed, nobody is available on game nights to take box scores via the phone. If they're working that night, the sportswriters are out covering games. Taking a pic of the scorebook won't get it done either because 1) there's nobody at the sports desk to transcribe the data into the format that goes to print and 2) the pics may come out blurry, or the writing might be illegible. Box scores must be faxed or e-mailed. If e-mailed, the Rep wants scorekeepers to use their print-ready format which works great for them but is rather clunky for the scorekeepers, IMHO. Unless a writer is on hand covering the game, then whoever sends in the results is basically writing the HS sports round-up article for the paper.

If I was AD for a day, I'd make it so that sending the results to the local media is a requirement for the head coach, which he or she can then delegate to an assistant or the team scorekeeper. If all else fails, I would demand that the results of all contests be sent to me, so that I can forward the results to the media or post on the school's sports web page. A school's athletic results should not be that difficult to find in this day and age.
Thanks for the clarification. I used to call scores in for a college a few years ago. Didn’t think about all the economic factors of the newspaper business in this day and age.

From Tuesday it’s Mckinley vs. Perry. Big Time Sports is your exclusive TV home for Stark County basketball.

Our Mears Nissan Player is the Game: Kobe Johnson

Joe Dunn & Ryan Beltz with the call

Thanks for the clarification. I used to call scores in for a college a few years ago. Didn’t think about all the economic factors of the newspaper business in this day and age.
This is either the 3rd or 4th school year that the Rep has requested no phone calls and no pictures of scorebooks be submitted. They claim it's because they want their writers to spend more time out in the field covering events and writing more feature articles, but it's more likely due to operating with a skeleton crew in order to keep the paper financially viable.

End of the day, somebody isn't doing their job if a box score doesn't make it into the paper. I don't care if it's a day late. Just get it in, so there is some record that the game was played. Also, it's basically free publicity for your program.

I watched the McKinley-Perry game and McKinley looked good when our Big man was playing.

But he got in early foul trouble and Perry's Big man scored easy.If Walker did not get in early foul trouble the Pups would have won by 20-25 points.

If Walker stay's out of foul trouble the Pups can beat Green.

Our Big man(Walker) scored 22 points and had 17 rebounds against Butler(PA).

Butler is the No.1 ranked team in Western Pennsylvania.

Walker must stay out of foul trouble against Green.