Week 1: Marion Local @ Indian Hill

ghsknightsfan

love the Knights and Grey Ghosts!
wow. this is big. great job by both schools getting this done. love matchups like these! (confirmed on arbiter)

With Indian Hill whooping Kenton in the playoffs, Coldwater playing Kenton, ML playing Indian Hill, and Coldwater and ML playing each other, I feel a lot of transitive property will be used come playoff time.

With Indian Hill whooping Kenton in the playoffs, Coldwater playing Kenton, ML playing Indian Hill, and Coldwater and ML playing each other, I feel a lot of transitive property will be used come playoff time.
The question will be next year is if MSML can make the playoffs with 2 OOC losses. Will they need to run the table in the league to get into the playoffs?

The question will be next year is if MSML can make the playoffs with 2 OOC losses. Will they need to run the table in the league to get into the playoffs?

In D7? No.

Replace the Woodlan win with an Indian Hill loss this year, they're still 3rd in R28 at 7-3.

If they were in the loaded D6R23....valid question. They would have missed THIS year.

Who are they playing week 2 this year anyway? Pretty sure Watterson was a 1 year deal, and Arbiter has THEM playing Bellefontaine week 2.

In D7? No.

Replace the Woodlan win with an Indian Hill loss this year, they're still 3rd in R28 at 7-3.

If they were in the loaded D6R23....valid question. They would have missed THIS year.

Who are they playing week 2 this year anyway? Pretty sure Watterson was a 1 year deal, and Arbiter has THEM playing Bellefontaine week 2.
I presumed it was a two year but I could be wrong (2019 is getting late and I still have a perfect year intact!).
If MSML is playing Bell....The chiefs are 2-3 years away from being an area, league and state power. They lose, I believe, an often injured RB from this year who had tremendous ability. MSML MIGHT be able to compete if they play the Chiefs next year. MIGHT>

Indian Hill loses their QB, Lopez, who was arguably the 2nd best all-purpose player in their league this past year behind the reigning Mr. Football, Evan Prater.

How much is ML expected to return?

Indian Hill loses their QB, Lopez, who was arguably the 2nd best all-purpose player in their league this past year behind the reigning Mr. Football, Evan Prater.

it’s not even worth talking about. they just reload year in, year out. this year was supposed to be a down year and they still won state

Everything....

ML is always loaded it seems. Indian Hill will have their hands full.

I presumed it was a two year but I could be wrong (2019 is getting late and I still have a perfect year intact!).
If MSML is playing Bell....The chiefs are 2-3 years away from being an area, league and state power. They lose, I believe, an often injured RB from this year who had tremendous ability. MSML MIGHT be able to compete if they play the Chiefs next year. MIGHT>

They aren’t playing them this year - Bellefontaine is playing Watterson week 2. And if the two were playing, Marion could certainly hold their own.

Marion Local graduates 6 on offense and 5 on defense plus the punter and both kickers...
So have 1/2 of the starters back but will miss the placekicker as this was first time in
years we could feel comfortable attempting a field goal of more that 25 yards....

Marion beat Deer Park 53-0 in the playoff's years ago. I will take Marion in this one.

Last edited:
Marion beat Deer Park 53-0 in the playoff's years ago. I will take Marion in this one.
CW dismantled them in 2017 as well. They had a few athletes on that team but overall just not enough horses.

One thing you cannot discount with DP though is their ability to attract outside talent. It hasnt reached football like it has basketball though.

CW dismantled them in 2017 as well. They had a few athletes on that team but overall just not enough horses.

It would be very naive to think that Marion will win this game based solely on the fact that both they and CW crushed Deer Park in the playoffs in previous years. Not saying that Marion can't or won't win this game, but the only thing Indian Hill football and Deer Park football have in common is that they play in the same league. IH and Wyoming are classes above the other six CHL schools in terms of football

These Cincy schools are hard to gauge....two years ago Indian Hill lost to a terrible Aiken team (Lucas then destroyed Aiken later on in the year), but took eventual state champ Wyoming to OT in the regional finals.....I don't know, you can go through the years and come up with similar scenarios for the schools in this league.

It would be very naive to think that Marion will win this game based solely on the fact that both they and CW crushed Deer Park in the playoffs in previous years. Not saying that Marion can't or won't win this game, but the only thing Indian Hill football and Deer Park football have in common is that they play in the same league. IH and Wyoming are classes above the other six CHL schools in terms of football
Oh i am not saying MSML will win. I think If they keep It from being a running clock it will be a success. They scheduled out of their league. Kudos for IH by slumming it and playing a D7 country bumpkin rural school. Beating a D7 8 win team should get ya decent points

These Cincy schools are hard to gauge....two years ago Indian Hill lost to a terrible Aiken team (Lucas then destroyed Aiken later on in the year), but took eventual state champ Wyoming to OT in the regional finals

IH had a similar one this season as well, losing to a 3-7 McNick team

It’s funny how people that aren’t familiar with the culture in the MAC schools feel they are a cake-walk due to enrollment disparity.
Indian Hill will be lucky if this game isn’t over early. The boys from Mercer County are better than anyone they face in Cincinnati.
Marion should win by 2-3 tds.
ML might win by 2 or 3 tds. but I wouldn't say they should win by that amount. I am fairly confident IH will have a talent advantage, hopefully the Flyers can overcome that through being better at blocking and tackling ( fundamentals ).

It’s funny how people that aren’t familiar with the culture in the MAC schools feel they are a cake-walk due to enrollment disparity.
Indian Hill will be lucky if this game isn’t over early. The boys from Mercer County are better than anyone they face in Cincinnati.
Marion should win by 2-3 tds.

Ask Chaminade-Julienne about playing Marion Local out of conference... nearly got a running clock put on them by a D6 school.