Trotwood-Madison 2020

ghsknightsfan

love the Knights and Grey Ghosts!
seems to be a big debate on here about trotwood becoming independent. the 2020 schedule follows:

Week 1: Winton Woods
Week 2: Springfield
Week 3:
Week 4: Harrison
Week 5: Withrow
Week 6:
Week 7:
Week 8: Dunbar
Week 9: La Salle
Week 10:

with 5 open weeks still, who should they schedule? probably some combination of Steubenville, Bishop Hartley, Bishop Watterson, Wayne, Moeller, Lima, Centerville, Fairmont, Massillon, St Francis Desales, TCC, Columbus City, Dayton City, and Cincinnati Public. these are just according to open dates! (because i know Massillon and Steubenville are highly unlikely scenarios, but would love to see it!)

Last edited:

A Lima game would be interesting, very similar athletes but Jeff Graham will be a better coach than whoever Lima will end up throwing out there. I see Trotwood falling off next year but I also said that this past year and they went and won state.

Should be trying to schedule a mix of Columbus Catholic schools and a couple more city league teams. Maybe Lima early in the year.

A Lima game would be interesting, very similar athletes but Jeff Graham will be a better coach than whoever Lima will end up throwing out there. I see Trotwood falling off next year but I also said that this past year and they went and won state.
i guess there are certain teams we just can’t count on falling off! but they both have a couple similar open weeks, so this would be a good matchup.

likely opponents:

week 2: Centerville, Toledo Catholic Central, Columbus Beechcroft, Lima Senior, SVSM, Bishop Hartley

week 3: Fairmont, Centerville, Columbus Beechcroft, Cincinnati Taft, Lima Senior

week 6: Lima Central Catholic, St Ignatius (looks like this may be a bye week lmao)

week 7: Columbus St Francis DeSales, Columbus Bishop Watterson, Massillon Washington (bound to get a stellar game here)

week 10: Warren Harding, Hamilton Ross

if i’m them, i’m going Lima senior week 2, Taft week 3, bye week 6, Bishop Watterson week 7, Ross week 10.

possibility the Dayton City schools fill in some? they didn’t have open dates listed

I thought I saw a Week 3 matchup with Springfield and a Week 6 game with Belmont, but can't find it now.

Sep 4 @ Springfield
Se 11 @ Huber Heights Wayne

I saw the week 2 game against Springfield a few months ago, but has since been taken off multiple sites (including Arbiter), and now it seems Fairfield is playing Springfield Week 2. But then again, there could be lots of schedule changes that haven't been updated with the new conference affiliations.

I saw the week 2 game against Springfield a few months ago, but has since been taken off multiple sites (including Arbiter), and now it seems Fairfield is playing Springfield Week 2. But then again, there could be lots of schedule changes that haven't been updated with the new conference affiliations.
same here, and not shocked if wayne is it for week 3

Notice the GWOC site hasn't been updated since last year. I'm still not 100% sure what's going on Week 2.

Week 3: Lima Senior seems the most intriguing

Week 6: They can whip up on LCC in week 6. They will win a decent amount of football games.

Week 7: Bishop Watterson. I dont see Massillon picking up Trotwood.

Week 10: Hamilton Ross is the only one out of those 2 that make sense.

The Dayton City League teams have already agreed to fill some of those spots I believe the only open week for Trotwood-Madison right now is week 10.

I think a more likely thing to say is that they will fall off. But they have a very strong Junior and Sophomore class next year, and maybe the most talented Freshman group in Ohio in both Football and Basketball. Next year might be the reloading year, but when they do reload look out. They will be dominant for the next several years.

Yea Trotwood will not be as good as they use to be next year. They graduate a lot of playmakers and OL kids but return the RB and QB outside of that they have nothing. That’s why they are on social media saying if you want a ring come to Trotwood, because they know they aren’t going to be that good. They need transfers to keep it going to survive.

Yea Trotwood will not be as good as they use to be next year. They graduate a lot of playmakers and OL kids but return the RB and QB outside of that they have nothing. That’s why they are on social media saying if you want a ring come to Trotwood, because they know they aren’t going to be that good. They need transfers to keep it going to survive.
They claim there will be a downfall every year. What are they doing any different than Alter or CJ or Wayne or whomever. If you want to win a ring this is where it happens. Braggadocious...Stop tripping. They will be fine.

They claim there will be a downfall every year. What are they doing any different than Alter or CJ or Wayne or whomever. If you want to win a ring this is where it happens. Braggadocious...Stop tripping. They will be fine.
Who do they have to replace the brothers, that big wr and the UC kid.....I think they will load the box for that stud RB they have and there schedule is deadly outside the dps schools. Hope they will be able to get points from them

I am hearing week 5 for Trotwood is St. Edwards. So the schedule just got that much more stern.

If that’s true, Trotwood is going to struggle to make the playoffs next year. With 2 almost guaranteed losses in LaSalle and St. Ed’s, then 2 more likely loses in WW and Springfield, then a tough game with Harrison, this season might be the first time Trotwood has missed the playoffs in over a decade.

If that’s true, Trotwood is going to struggle to make the playoffs next year. With 2 almost guaranteed losses in LaSalle and St. Ed’s, then 2 more likely loses in WW and Springfield, then a tough game with Harrison, this season might be the first time Trotwood has missed the playoffs in over a decade.

I wouldn't count Trotwood out. We have a way of competing when the odds are against us.

You would like that I am assuming. Clears the way for your beloved Redskins... Why are any of those losses "guaranteed?

You would like that I am assuming. Clears the way for your beloved Redskins... Why are any of those losses "guaranteed?
trotwood isn’t beating St Ed’s. but i would give them a very fair chance against LaSalle, Winton Woods, and Springfield. they’d blow the doors off of Harrison. they just have a very high ceiling/floor gap. could be 4-6 but could be 9-1, that’s how many good close matchups they’ll have.

Obviously your ignorance is blinding... all i’ve done on these message boards is praise Trotwood and the program they have. This past year was one of the most impressive they’ve had in their decade or so long run, with the tornado and all the kids moving out. On the “Best DIII Team of the 2010s” board, I’ve defended 2017 Trotwood night and day for being the best 2017 team of all time, a team I have no bias towards because my “beloved” Redskins never played them. Also, next year I envision a very weak year for Wapak so it doesn’t really matter. The problem is I also see a weak year for Trotwood also. They seem to never go away, but with losing the Hughley brothers, Blanton, Anderson and a lot of high contribution seniors, I don’t see much coming back.

Trotwood seems to prove us wrong every year though. Trotwood isn’t beating St. Ed’s or LaSalle. Trotwood doesn’t fair well against catholic schools that have the athletes to match (Hoban, SVSM, older TCC schools). I give them a fair shot against WW, they were great two years ago and Trotwood still beat them. Springfield is losing a lot but they will probably have the same amount of talent as Trotwood. Harrison is a solid team that could end up like Xenia in 2018 if Trotwood isn’t focused. That’s why i mentioned that. Missing the playoffs is a possibility.

Obviously your ignorance is blinding... all i’ve done on these message boards is praise Trotwood and the program they have. This past year was one of the most impressive they’ve had in their decade or so long run, with the tornado and all the kids moving out. On the “Best DIII Team of the 2010s” board, I’ve defended 2017 Trotwood night and day for being the best 2017 team of all time, a team I have no bias towards because my “beloved” Redskins never played them. Also, next year I envision a very weak year for Wapak so it doesn’t really matter. The problem is I also see a weak year for Trotwood also. They seem to never go away, but with losing the Hughley brothers, Blanton, Anderson and a lot of high contribution seniors, I don’t see much coming back.

Trotwood seems to prove us wrong every year though. Trotwood isn’t beating St. Ed’s or LaSalle. Trotwood doesn’t fair well against catholic schools that have the athletes to match (Hoban, SVSM, older TCC schools). I give them a fair shot against WW, they were great two years ago and Trotwood still beat them. Springfield is losing a lot but they will probably have the same amount of talent as Trotwood. Harrison is a solid team that could end up like Xenia in 2018 if Trotwood isn’t focused. That’s why i mentioned that. Missing the playoffs is a possibility.
it’s definitely a possibility. like i said they have a huge difference in the ceiling/floor. they aren’t bearing st ed’s if that’s actually happening, but i will give them a fair shot at LaSalle. although i don’t favor them i wouldn’t count them out. Trotwood may seem like they’re losing a lot, which they are, but they will reload. they will be young-ish next year, but still very good

Trotwood will also be an open enrollment school for the first time next season and will pull the talent from DPS.

OK. You took that personal. Just saying... A down Rams team opens it up for your team. Your a Wapak fan. The Rams have been in your way, have they not. Just a thought there sir..