Stark County Banter 2019 (2)

Nor does Mentor or Fairless, your point? ;) Seriously it does make you appreciate Perry's run a few years ago, not that I didn't then.

Ironically (or pathetically) quack and numbnuts LOVE to vilify Massillon as the worst thing in hs football but we'd BOTH have state championships, if not for unbelievably loaded privates. I can't even remember the last public school champ in D2. We'll give it our best shot, hope it's enough.
What's worse than an unbelievably loaded private?

An unbelievably loaded public.

It cuts both ways.

Well.... 2019 season is over!

Summary:

Massillon had really good team that took it to the brink, but just could not get over hump

McKinley had a good season but could not deliver The Game again

Perry had their usual really good season - ran into a tiger at the end

Central just could not get their running game going but finished a respectful season

And Lastly:

Congratulations to all these young men on ALL these teams on giving their Time/Energy/Sweat/ and tears!

I wish all the Seniors all the Success in the World and my hope for them is to continue being a team player in all aspects of their Lives!

Shadow Signing off.... and remember....

"The Shadow Knows" :)

Nor does Mentor or Fairless, your point? ;) Seriously it does make you appreciate Perry's run a few years ago, not that I didn't then.

Ironically (or pathetically) quack and numbnuts LOVE to vilify Massillon as the worst thing in hs football but we'd BOTH have state championships, if not for unbelievably loaded privates. I can't even remember the last public school champ in D2. We'll give it our best shot, hope it's enough.
The last D2 champ that comes to my mind was 2010 Maple Heights. The year, in my opinion, Lake should have won it all if not for Jimmy Luther blowing his knee out. Up 27-7 at half in the state semis over Trotwood Madison with two very hurt running backs. Still could make a grown man cry! Lol

Well.... 2019 season is over!

Summary:

Massillon had really good team that took it to the brink, but just could not get over hump

McKinley had a good season but could not deliver The Game again

Perry had their usual really good season - ran into a tiger at the end

Central just could not get their running game going but finished a respectful season

And Lastly:

Congratulations to all these young men on ALL these teams on giving their Time/Energy/Sweat/ and tears!

I wish all the Seniors all the Success in the World and my hope for them is to continue being a team player in all aspects of their Lives!

Shadow Signing off.... and remember....

"The Shadow Knows" :)
Solid seasons by all. I'm still disappointed Central didn't get in as I thought they really started to gel the back 1/2 of the season. Their seniors were a very close group who will be missed. I felt they could make a strong run in the playoffs but that's water under the bridge. There's always next year.

So....final rankings from Hef....er, I mean JLP....

#1 Massillon by a large margin.

#2 McKinley....taking steps in the right direction, should be competitive with the Tigers in 4-6 years.

#3 Perry....I'm telling you, Wakefield has to go. Offenses are throwing the ball all over, How are Perrys DB's supposed to defend it when they don't see it in practice.

#4 Hoover....your playoff winless streak is starting to pile up.

#5 not sure yet.

The last D2 champ that comes to my mind was 2010 Maple Heights. The year, in my opinion, Lake should have won it all if not for Jimmy Luther blowing his knee out. Up 27-7 at half in the state semis over Trotwood Madison with two very hurt running backs. Still could make a grown man cry! Lol

Wow I didn't realize that. That stinks. I do clearly remember the powerhouse teams around the Christopher years, and those title appearances.

So....final rankings from Hef....er, I mean JLP....

#1 Massillon by a large margin.

#2 McKinley....taking steps in the right direction, should be competitive with the Tigers in 4-6 years.

#3 Perry....I'm telling you, Wakefield has to go. Offenses are throwing the ball all over, How are Perrys DB's supposed to defend it when they don't see it in practice.

#4 Hoover....your playoff winless streak is starting to pile up.

#5 not sure yet.
No thanks, Wake will never go until he retires. Perry's DB's are young and short ! There defense was not as good as some years. They will be back in the playoffs again next year.

No thanks, Wake will never go until he retires. Perry's DB's are young and short ! There defense was not as good as some years. They will be back in the playoffs again next year.
Well then that's your loss if you keep him, we'll dismiss you from the playoffs again next year. What does your DB's height aND age have to do with it? They could be three year starters....they don't see an adequate passing QB in practice, how will they stop it in the game. AND it's *their.

Yep Beat McKinley again.. And McKinley sitting at home week 15. To great traditions.
State Championships:
McKinley 27
Massillon 0

Yet another tradition. If you hadn't shrunk to D2, you never would have made it to week 15 to get rolled again as always.

Without our official big school State Football Championships Stark County would have NONE

Well then that's your loss if you keep him, we'll dismiss you from the playoffs again next year. What does your DB's height aND age have to do with it? They could be three year starters....they don't see an adequate passing QB in practice, how will they stop it in the game. AND it's *their.
One of our players broke a school record for the most interceptions just 3 years ago i believe. Coach Wake was under the Mount Union coach for a few years. He knows about passing. You play with the talent you have. We don't have ~ 90 players like you have but we get good results. Boys are not warming the bench like some schools. It wasn't long ago that Perry made it to the state title game 2 years in a row. So, he is doing something right. fyi your spelling correction shows signs of insecurity. You would like Wake to leave so you can use Perry as a feeder school again . This is almost 2020 and Perry has a lot more than football to offer students.

One of our players broke a school record for the most interceptions just 3 years ago i believe. Coach Wake was under the Mount Union coach for a few years. He knows about passing. You play with the talent you have. We don't have ~ 90 players like you have but we get good results. Boys are not warming the bench like some schools. It wasn't long ago that Perry made it to the state title game 2 years in a row. So, he is doing something right. fyi your spelling correction shows signs of insecurity. You would like Wake to leave so you can use Perry as a feeder school again . This is almost 2020 and Perry has a lot more than football to offer students.
Yes, his knowledge of passing showed in the Massillon game.

State Championships:
McKinley 27
Massillon 0

Yet another tradition. If you hadn't shrunk to D2, you never would have made it to week 15 to get rolled again as always.

Without our official big school State Football Championships Stark County would have NONE
It's ok....even if we shrink to D4 well still have the week 10 tradition of pounding the dogs.

The key word there sweetie is "then"....not now, and not anytime in the near future...."then".

McKinley is definately due though.
We are already pounding you in State Championships and have been for over 100 years.

State Championships
McKinley 27
Massillon 0

Could someone please list the AP Poll voters, names, news outlets associated with, historical data who voted for whom by year, etc.

I just want to confirm there was a bias, and if someone could provide evidence that disproves this, it would be greatly appreciated.