"After five years of mostly obvious College Football Playoff choices, there’s (some) hope"

The USC loss doesn't look too bad now with the Trojans being thrust into the top-25. It will be interesting to see how the committee sizes up Utah and the Big XII winner. Based on resume the Big XII winner should probably jump Utah, but IMO the committee has shown clearly that they favor the Utes. Unless Georgia beats LSU, I think the committee will slot Utah 4th based on the highly subjective "eye test".

Short of LSU totally beating down Georgia, I think the committee has shown they intend to slot Ohio State #1 next week barring a sluggish performance against Wisconsin. The rankings this week seem to have been crafted to some degree with forming that argument in mind with Michigan only dropping one spot despite getting beat down last week, and Wisconsin making a sizable vault up to #8. The Bucks are going to end up with four wins against teams that will be ranked in the top-15 of the final playoff rankings, and potentially five wins if UC wins this week.

Last edited:
Um...kinda because it's true...look, you have to have some kind of measuring stick. You can't measure the big ten / pac-12 / ACC teams because there A. isn't enough good teams in those conferences, and B. because there are too many teams in the conferences, the good teams don't even play each other all the time.

An incredibly flawed "measuring stick" entirely defeats the point.

LSU vs. Ohio State
Georgia vs. Wisconsin
Alabama vs. Minnesota
Florida vs. Penn State
--------------------------------
Auburn vs. Michigan
Texas A&M vs. Iowa
Tennessee vs. Indiana
Kentucky vs. Illinois
Miss. State vs. Michigan State
Missouri vs. Nebraska
--------------------------------
S. Carolina vs. Purdue
Ole Miss vs. Maryland
Vanderbilt vs. Northwestern
Arkansas vs. Rutgers

What hurts them is their best win is currently Washington. A win over Oregon should help a lot, not sure it’s enough to overcome the winner of OK/Baylor.
Agreed. Especially if OK wins or Baylor wins big.
Just hope OSU, LSU, and Clemson all get their Ws and OSU / LSU are 1 and 2.
Clemson probably has the easiest road.
Last week's LSU D needs to show up against Georgia. O just keep rolling.
What will Wisconsin do with blocking schemes to try to get Taylor loose? Can JK have a game like against ttun?
Looking forward to a FUN weekend!

Wisconsin plays to a lot of strengths of this OSU team. OSU has consistently been able to shut down Wisconsin running backs, Taylor in particular, and make a below average QB try to beat them. JK also ran all over Wisconsin in the first matchup. The last time OSU did well in the playoff was on the back of a RB who was playing out of his mind. JK is looking a lot like Zeke in the 2014 season.

I don't think Georgia will suddenly discover how to score, so even an average performance from the LSU defense should keep in it a manageable game. The big question is can Georgia's defense stop LSU. Auburn was able to do it to some degree and kept it close. Georgia, statistically, has a better defense than Auburn, but a weaker offense. If they can at least make LSU one dimensional they have a shot.

Clemson wins and they're in at #3, possibly #2 pending the outcome of OSU and LSU games. If they lose, they're out barring any mayhem behind them.

The more dominant win between OSU and LSU is #1, the other is #2, assuming both win.

Utah needs a big win and a close Oklahoma/Baylor game to be #4. An Oklahoma or Baylor blowout win gets them #4. Two close games and I think the nod goes to the Big 12 winner, assuming a Georgia loss.

A Georgia win gets them #3 and LSU #4. That could be interchanged, but I don't think we'll see back to back LSU/Georgia games. Clemson moves to #2. Big 12 and Pac 12 are out.

An OSU loss probably gets them #3 or #4 depending on who wins between Georgia/Oklahoma/and Utah. LSU #1 assuming a win, Clemson #2.

Both an OSU and LSU loss, I would expect Clemson #1, Georgia #2, LSU #3, and OSU #4.

Last edited:
If tOSU wins they will be the one. How much more does the committee have to say it to make you guys believe it? One more time I guess.

Um...kinda because it's true...look, you have to have some kind of measuring stick. You can't measure the big ten / pac-12 / ACC teams because there A. isn't enough good teams in those conferences, and B. because there are too many teams in the conferences, the good teams don't even play each other all the time.
South Carolina is a terrible loss regardless what conference you’re in.

Fromm sucks. No way does Georgia beat LSU.
UGA’s Offense has been subpar all yr. Swift was in talks to be a Heisman contender to enter the yr, but his season hasn’t lived up to expectations bc teams have been able to focus on him while forcing Fromm to beat them. Fromm is a game manager, he’s never going to actively beat a good team.

Now we've watched all season the "midwest bias" of the committee. They keep putting schools like Wisconsin, Michigan, Penn State in the top 10 so the Buckeyes wins look better. I laugh when I keep hearing how Wisconsin will give the Buckeyes a game Saturday night. Folks, book it, 25 points or more. Wisconsin runs the ball with Taylor...that's it. That's their offense. Now against much of the big ten, they can get away with that. But they are simply not in the same league as Ohio State.
Georgia would be the 2nd best team in the big ten, and contend with the Buckeyes. They could at least meet the talent level of Ohio State.

Now we've watched all season the "midwest bias" of the committee. They keep putting schools like Wisconsin, Michigan, Penn State in the top 10 so the Buckeyes wins look better. I laugh when I keep hearing how Wisconsin will give the Buckeyes a game Saturday night. Folks, book it, 25 points or more. Wisconsin runs the ball with Taylor...that's it. That's their offense. Now against much of the big ten, they can get away with that. But they are simply not in the same league as Ohio State.
Georgia would be the 2nd best team in the big ten, and contend with the Buckeyes. They could at least meet the talent level of Ohio State.
No one has to “make Ohio State’s wins look better”. They are one of only 3 teams with a legit shot at winning a national championship.

Neither Wisconsin or Georgia can compete with Ohio State. Both would lose by 14+ to the Buckeyes. Right now, Georgia is the second best team in the SEC and they have the worst loss of any team in consideration for the playoff.

Anyway, what is your point with this post? Ohio State is undeniably worthy of a 1 or 2 seed in the playoffs. No one can really argue Clemson or Georgia has a better resume.

Last edited:
The point seems to be that he thinks "midwest bias" is keeping 3 loss Auburn and a Tua-less 2 loss Alabama team that doesn't have any quality wins out of the top-10 of the playoff rankings, and thus making it more likely LSU will have a tougher semifinal game against Clemson as opposed to getting to play Utah/Oklahoma/Baylor, which any of the top-3 teams would be heavily favored against.

Frankly, where teams are slotted outside of the top-4 doesn't really matter. The committee can do whatever they want and justify it with the "eye test".

Last edited:
The point seems to be that he thinks "midwest bias" is keeping 3 loss Auburn and a Tua-less 2 loss Alabama team that doesn't have any quality wins out of the top-10 of the playoff rankings, and thus making it more likely LSU will have a tougher semifinal game against Clemson as opposed to getting to play Utah/Oklahoma/Baylor, which any of the top-3 teams would be heavily favored against.

Frankly, where teams are slotted outside of the top-4 doesn't really matter. The committee can do whatever they want and justify it with the "eye test".

He's a treasure.

You have no credibility because you are saying Wisconsin has no offense and therefore won't compete with the Buckeyes. You then turn around and say Georgia, a team with an even worse offense, would.

You have no credibility because you are saying Wisconsin has no offense and therefore won't compete with the Buckeyes. You then turn around and say Georgia, a team with an even worse offense, would.
Georgia would. They have someone who is at least on the radar of NFL teams, and they have more NFL caliber players. How many starters for Wisconsin would start for Ohio State? 3-4 tops?

Georgia would. They have someone who is at least on the radar of NFL teams, and they have more NFL caliber players. How many starters for Wisconsin would start for Ohio State? 3-4 tops?

Hate to break it to you, but Swift, Fromm, Pickens, Cager wouldn't be starting at Ohio State either. Jonathan Taylor would be starting on any team in the country. Maybe Cephus too.

Explain to me your reasoning for how Georgia, a team with a lackadaisical offense, even against mediocre SEC defenses would turn around and score on one of the elite defenses in college football?

Hate to break it to you, but Swift, Fromm, Pickens, Cager wouldn't be starting at Ohio State either. Jonathan Taylor would be starting on any team in the country. Maybe Cephus too.

Explain to me your reasoning for how Georgia, a team with a lackadaisical offense, even against mediocre SEC defenses would turn around and score on one of the elite defenses in college football?
I think you have to take your assessment of the Buckeye defense with a grain of salt. You have to admit they don't play many good offenses during the season, even in big ten play. Jake Fromm would be at least the second best QB in the big ten today, only possibly behind Fields, but I'm not even sure about that. Don't look at the Buckeyes team stats as indicators. All Buckeyes put up huge numbers during the regular season.

I think you have to take your assessment of the Buckeye defense with a grain of salt. You have to admit they don't play many good offenses during the season, even in big ten play. Jake Fromm would be at least the second best QB in the big ten today, only possibly behind Fields, but I'm not even sure about that. Don't look at the Buckeyes team stats as indicators. All Buckeyes put up huge numbers during the regular season.
Lost all credibility

Jake Fromm's QBR puts him at #60 in division 1. So, again, you're wrong. That makes him not the second best QB in the SEC, Big 10, Big 12, Pac 12, AAC, ACC, MAC, Sun Belt, Conference USA, or Mountain West. If you are actually going to sit there and tell me with a straight face that Jake Fromm is a better QB than Justin Fields, then you're more delusional than I thought.

The reason you are quick to disregard stats, is because it doesn't say what you want them to say and doesn't support any of the opinions you have. We're just supposed to take your word for it I guess, even though you are horribly mislead in most things college football.

Last edited:
http://www.espn.com/college-football/qbr Seems to disagree with your thoughts.

Jake Fromm's QBR puts him at #60 in division 1. So, again, you're wrong. That makes him not the second best QB in the SEC, Big 10, Big 12, Pac 12, AAC, ACC, MAC, Sun Belt, Conference USA, or Mountain West. If you are actually going to sit there and tell me with a straight face that Jake Fromm is a better QB than Justin Fields, then you're more delusional than I thought.

The reason you are quick to disregard stats, is because it doesn't say what you want them to say and doesn't support any of the opinions you have. We're just supposed to take your word for it I guess, even though you are horribly mislead in most things college football.
Ghost i dont think he is real. How could somebody have this many bad takes.