State Championship Updates (Marion Local vs. Lucas)

In R24 they would have been a 3 seed.
In R23 they would have started basketball practice.
Congrats Marion Local!! They beat who was put in front of them once again. I could be wrong but they were the only team to beat the D6 state champs this year. They had a great season.

They did but would not have the computer pts. to make the play offs.
And there was a region 23 team sitting at 10-0 that did not make it into the playoffs. Feel for schools with low tradition that fail to get in at 10-0. In years past they divided up the talent a little better, sending more MAC teams south. There were way too many good teams assigned to region 23. Gibsonburg defeated every opponent by at least 17 points but could not make it in.

Last edited:
Ended up being a better game, than it looked like it would be in the beginning. Very workman like victory for the Flyers. Dominated both lines of scrimmage. The special teams, cost the Flyers their 3rd straight shutout in the D7 finals.
Congrats on a great year to the Cubs

You can keep claiming Anna and Marion, but those of us who live here, will tell you we are NW. WOSN territory
I live in Columbus area. I'm not claiming those areas. The Pope did when he assigned Ohio counties to Ohio Dioceses. Those counties are in the Cincinnati Diocese, so they're SWO. Other territorial groupings mean nothing to me.

I live in Columbus area. I'm not claiming those areas. The Pope did when he assigned Ohio counties to Ohio Dioceses. Those counties are in the Cincinnati Diocese, so they're SWO. Other territorial groupings mean nothing to me.
Well we can agree to disagree. Based on the official WOSN broadcast territory they are NW Ohio.

I live in the Marion Local school district do not consider the area NW Ohio or SW Ohio but West Central Ohio. However saying that I sure would rather live in the Cincy area than Toledo area if I had to choose.

Marion Local has a 419 area code. Agree they're West Central, but when breaking the state into 4 quadrants, anything 419 is NW.

Anna is 937. I consider them SW playing in a NW league.

I live in the Marion Local school district do not consider the area NW Ohio or SW Ohio but West Central Ohio. However saying that I sure would rather live in the Cincy area than Toledo area if I had to choose.
Probably best to stay with West Central, rather be associated with the Buckeyes, than the Bengals

You can keep claiming Anna and Marion, but those of us who live here, will tell you we are NW. WOSN territory

Maybe Marion Local but Anna is within walking distance of Sidney. Both Sidney and the Shelby County League teams have always been considered SWO.