COLERAIN CARDINALS 2020

The entire offensive line will be gone. Otherwise we will be in great shape. The JV team was solid.
Corleone, Bess, Kendall & 3 starting DB's will be back to anchor the defense.

2020 Prediction, they will be dethroned and lose the GMC in another tight race. BUT they will still make it to the Regional Championship.

2020 Prediction, they will be dethroned and lose the GMC in another tight race. BUT they will still make it to the Regional Championship.
Who is going to beat them? You can't just say they are going to be dethroned without giving it SOME level of thought...unless you are just an ardent anti-Colerain poster, which based on some of your past posts, you may actually be.

-CardinalsFan

Who is going to beat them? You can't just say they are going to be dethroned without giving it SOME level of thought...unless you are just an ardent anti-Colerain poster, which based on some of your past posts, you may actually be.

-CardinalsFan

Nope, I am not. Seeing how I said they will make it to the Regional Finals, clearly shows I respect their play.

It was a simple prediction, I think someone could step up and beat them...Maybe Lakota maybe Fairfield challenges them again.

And what posts would that be?

Colerain brings back:
On Defense: 7 of 11
3 year starter Dontay Corleone on the DL; 3 year starter and most likely team captain Mike Bess at LB; Breakout star Xander Kendall at LB; Sophomore Levert Jarmon at LB whom recieved significant playing time due to LB injuries; and 3 very solid DB's (Devontae Kiner, Ken Willis, Sean Williamson).

On Offense:
Freddie Johnson at QB, MJ Flowers at FB, Shannon Murray at RB, Isaiah Myers at WR. Also backup QB Tyler Prather comes back.

As mentioned, the JV was pretty good too.
I would look for '20 Colerain to be at least as good as this years team, and probably a step above.

As far as GMC goes......Fairfield is off the schedule next year, and West is back on. West and Princeton stand the best chance of knocking off Colerain. Dont know exactly what Princeton and West have coming back, but do know they both lose some very good seniors.

It’s st X’s turn in the rotation to know them out of the playoffs. Elder did it this year......

ronb.jpg

It’s st X’s turn in the rotation to know them out of the playoffs. Elder did it this year......
Yes, St X with their 1100 handpicked boys vs Colerain’s 750 you get what you get and don’t throw a fit boys....St X should win every game against Colerain. What Colerain does against the GCL is nothing short of remarkable and a testament to hard work and darn good coaching.

Colerain vs. GCL in play-offs 2000-present:
vs. Elder 5-5
vs. LaSalle 1-0
vs. Moeller 6-2
vs. St. X 6-6

TOTAL 18-13
...during that time span 3 of Colerain's wins were of the running clock variety, yet they were never defeated in that fashion. And like a fart in the wind, there goes the myth of GCL dominance of the Cardinals

Yes, St X with their 1100 handpicked boys vs Colerain’s 750 you get what you get and don’t throw a fit boys....St X should win every game against Colerain. What Colerain does against the GCL is nothing short of remarkable and a testament to hard work and darn good coaching.

It really is a testament to their youth program as well. These kids come up learning a certain style of football and it shows when they get to HS. Coelrain is and should be proud of what they have built. Cincinnati football is fantastic and they are one the leaders.

Final 4's since 2000
2000- Colerain - Final 4
2001 - St. X - Runner Up
2002 - Elder - Champion
2003 - Elder - Champion
2004 - Colerain - Champion
2005- St. X - Champion
2006 - No Cincinnati Team
2007 - St. X - Champion
2008 - Elder - Runner Up
2009 - Elder - Final 4
2010 - No Cincinnati Team
2011 - St. X - Final 4
2012 - Moeller - Champion
2013 - Moeller - Champion
2014 - Moeller - Final 4
2015 - Colerain - Final 4
2016 - St. X - Champion
2017 - Colerain - Final 4
2018 - Colerain - Runner Up
2019 - Elder - TBD

Cincinnati Champions: 8
Cincinnati Finals: 12
Cincinnati Final 4: 18

Team - Final 4/Runner Up/Champions

Colerain - 5/1/1
Elder - 5/1/2 - A Championship or Runner up TBD
Moeller - 3/0/2
St. X - 5/1/3

In short; St.X and Elder have been to the finals four 5 times since 2000, making it to the finals 4 of those times. Moeller 3 Final 4's, finals 2 times. Colerain 5 final 4's, 2 Finals.

Elder & St.X have had the most success since 2000 when it comes to success in the tournament. Colerain seems to struggle once it gets to the final 4.

This is not a rip or praise on any program, I just started doing research when I became curious on how well Cincinnati represented the state and decided to post it.

The beat goes on for Colerain winning another GMC title. FF was the second best team and they were not close to the Cardinals. Just my opinion.

I have to disagree here. FF came closer to dethroning Colerain then any team has in the last 20 years as the Indians took the Cards to OT in that last game which was being played for an outright conference title.

And while I haven't used this excuse before it's hard not to factor in the difference a healthy McClain would have had on that week 10 game. Yea, I get it's all about the next man up and FF was guilty of putting all their eggs in one offensive basket but this kid was a special talent. How would Colerain have done last season had Ivan Pace gone down? There are limits to the next man up theory.

As for Colerain they should still be very good but I suspect that the difference between them and the rest of the league has narrowed and will continue to narrow. There will be a lot more GMC games in which Colerian will have to play their starters well into the 4th quarter to lock up. We saw it this year and I suspect that this trend will continue next season.

FF will continue to battle for a title; Mason might be the team to look out for; if Princeton's coaching staff gets their act together the Vikings will be dangerous; LW will be much better next year and I suspect will contend for a title; Hamilton may be the most interesting team to watch and Sycamore is to well coached not to be a factor most years.

Yeah, and it's a good thing Colerain isn't located on the San Andreas fault or the earth would swallow it up and all those kids would go to LaSalle or Winton Woods. IT PASSED!!! It's pathetic for parochial schools to root against a school levy so they're own football team will stand a better chance of gaining players.

However, if I take my Colerain hat off and put my GCL hat on, one could point out that Colerain is drawing the best football players from two high schools (Northwest & Colerain - yeah Im told this never happens :rolleyes: ), loses in the playoffs almost every year to less talented teams, and lost recently to two GCL schools very comparable in size.

Ok. Please return to your regularly scheduled St X bashing (y)

Yeah, and it's a good thing Colerain isn't located on the San Andreas fault or the earth would swallow it up and all those kids would go to LaSalle or Winton Woods. IT PASSED!!! It's pathetic for parochial schools to root against a school levy so they're own football team will stand a better chance of gaining players.

I don't think many people who are sending their kids to the private schools that voted on the levy wants Colerain to fail. They are not only paying for their kids to go to school but yours as well. Plus most of them like the price of their property increasing, not decreasing.

I have to disagree here. FF came closer to dethroning Colerain then any team has in the last 20 years as the Indians took the Cards to OT in that last game which was being played for an outright conference title.

And while I haven't used this excuse before it's hard not to factor in the difference a healthy McClain would have had on that week 10 game. Yea, I get it's all about the next man up and FF was guilty of putting all their eggs in one offensive basket but this kid was a special talent. How would Colerain have done last season had Ivan Pace gone down? There are limits to the next man up theory.

As for Colerain they should still be very good but I suspect that the difference between them and the rest of the league has narrowed and will continue to narrow. There will be a lot more GMC games in which Colerian will have to play their starters well into the 4th quarter to lock up. We saw it this year and I suspect that this trend will continue next season.

FF will continue to battle for a title; Mason might be the team to look out for; if Princeton's coaching staff gets their act together the Vikings will be dangerous; LW will be much better next year and I suspect will contend for a title; Hamilton may be the most interesting team to watch and Sycamore is to well coached not to be a factor most years.
I agree and like the fact that Colerain is challenged. Nothing worse than seeing them beat the snot out of a team year after year. The best games I saw all year was Fairfield game 1 and Elder. I get no satisfaction from seeing an opposing team's players with their heads down beaten and humiliated halfway through the game. Here's to good competition, fair play, and good sportsmanship.

I don't think many people who are sending their kids to the private schools that voted on the levy wants Colerain to fail. They are not only paying for their kids to go to school but yours as well. Plus most of them like the price of their property increasing, not decreasing.

Also that being said, most of the people who voted against it don't trust that Northwest school district is competent enough to spend the money properly.

I think that's a 50/50 ratio of parochial parents voting for a public school levy. Some do, some don't.

I think that's a 50/50 ratio of parochial parents voting for a public school levy. Some do, some don't.

My guess is 50/50 is a bit drastic on people who just outright refuse to vote for it because it's a public school. Property value ways into that factor way to much just to fail your own school district. I am sure you definitely have families like that but I would say the large majority who voted against really just don't believe they will do good or deserve more money.