SWO 2020 coaching openings

Gotta think Oak Hills, Loveland, Northwest, Taylor, Norwood, Clark, Batavia, Moeller (?)....

Have heard from a few OH insiders that they will be keeping the Coach they have. Northwest supposedly will lose Football if the Levy Fails. Be very interesting off season for a few local teams to say the least.

Other than Moeller I can't see many veteran guys applying for any of these jobs. I would think Oak Hill has some potential though.
Everyone thinks that until they actually go there. Oak Hills is where good coaches go to die.

Seriously, I don't know how you keep a coach that goes 0-10 twice on 4 years. He's setting a new record of ——— for the Highlanders at the pace he's going.

Everyone thinks that until they actually go there. Oak Hills is where good coaches go to die.

Seriously, I don't know how you keep a coach that goes 0-10 twice on 4 years. He's setting a new record of sh!tty for the Highlanders at the pace he's going.

No idea how they keep him either. The 2 people I talked to who work in the building said that they think he will be back because they have heard no rumblings/rumors at all that he won’t be back.

How does someone who goes 0-10 two of three years keep his job? What message are you sending? I know the freshman team had a great season, but....

Oak Hills - Coach stays he's an Alum, but won't be surprised if a big name heads that way if it opens.
Northwest - likely won't have football next year due to levy.
Loveland - year 1, give the guy more than a year, have to create culture
Batavia - didn't they win 6 games last year?
Clark - rotating door, need to find someone young who can bring kids and increase enrollment at Clark
Norwood - needs new blood
Moeller - AD needs to get out of the way and let Barrett C. make the next hire.

Oak Hills - Coach stays he's an Alum, but won't be surprised if a big name heads that way if it opens.
Clark - rotating door, need to find someone young who can bring kids and increase enrollment at Clark

That's funny....let Barrett Cohen hire the next coach. AD had no say in the Naumann hire.

I do not get how Moeller decides to hire and fire coaches. They pushed out Klonne way back when (I know he "retired," but he was pushed out). They gave alum and college football Hall of Famer Bob Crable a raw deal (basically sided with a player over him). They forced Rodenburg to resign after two state championships. I have liked many Moeller people over the years, but I still never will get how the institution of Moeller and Moeller football exudes some of the greatest arrogance and inability to treat people the right way that I've ever seen.

Oak Hills, I hear ya, but that mentality of the person is an alumni doesn't mean they're a good coach
I doubt Northwest loses football, that would mean Colerain would too and I don't see that happening
Didn't realize Loveland's coach has only been there a year.
Batavia, maybe too soon to make a move
I agree completely with your view on Clark
Norwood had new blood who had them on the upswing and ran him off
Moeller has to do something, too much tradition there to be this bad

Last edited:
Cranford even went 0-10 at Loveland in 2018 after having previously won a state championship. It's just a big talent lull at Loveland right now. They did play a lot of sophomores and juniors this season. Nothing I've seen at Loveland strikes me as being poorly coached. They just have no talent. Give the coach some time.

The right time to get a new coach is when you know that you have some up-and-coming talent that you don't want the existing guy you have screw up. Hamilton getting Nate Mahon last year was a good example. Now, they are only 5-4 right now, but they are making the playoffs and that is a big improvement from 1-9. Their two best players are still underclassmen as well. Oak Hills getting a new coach right now might not be a great idea, because I can't see any possibility that they would even be better than 2-8, and that might even be generous. If the current guy is well-liked and can get the players he does have to play hard, that's about all they can ask at this point.

Cranford even went 0-10 at Loveland in 2018 after having previously won a state championship. It's just a big talent lull at Loveland right now. They did play a lot of sophomores and juniors this season. Nothing I've seen at Loveland strikes me as being poorly coached. They just have no talent. Give the coach some time.

I don’t think Cranford Ever went 0-10. They were 1-9 twice under him if my memory serves me right. The difference between Cranford’s teams and this team is Cranford’s teams were competitive in most games, whereas I think this team had a running clock in every game (only made it to a couple games, someone can check me on this). From what I’ve seen and heard, Nothing about this season at Loveland says it’s going to get better anytime soon. Seems like the coaches are way in over their heads

I do not get how Moeller decides to hire and fire coaches. They pushed out Klonne way back when (I know he "retired," but he was pushed out). They gave alum and college football Hall of Famer Bob Crable a raw deal (basically sided with a player over him). They forced Rodenburg to resign after two state championships. I have liked many Moeller people over the years, but I still never will get how the institution of Moeller and Moeller football exudes some of the greatest arrogance and inability to treat people the right way that I've ever seen.

Go away. You've made it know for years your dislike for Moeller. Their were justifiable reasons for the coaching changes. Maybe you and Sycamore need to figure out how to turn around the most irrelevant D1 athletic program in Ohio. You are basically the only fan the crap program has ever had.

Go away. You've made it know for years your dislike for Moeller. Their were justifiable reasons for the coaching changes. Maybe you and Sycamore need to figure out how to turn around the most irrelevant D1 athletic program in Ohio. You are basically the only fan the crap program has ever had.

Um.... Sycamore Football has been the second best DI public school in Cincinnati in the past decade, have three Tennis titles, and about dozen state individual champions in tennis, golf and track. Yeah they suck at Basketball and Baseball but whatever argument you are making is made a moot point when you call Sycamore athletics irrelevant.

Um.... Sycamore Football has been the second best DI public school in Cincinnati in the past decade, have three Tennis titles, and about dozen state individual champions in tennis, golf and track. Yeah they suck at Basketball and Baseball but whatever argument you are making is made a moot point when you call Sycamore athletics irrelevant.
Tardis you hit it... Its amazing how many posters are not well educated on even their own teams / schools programs...Football is just a part of total athletic programs...But Sycamore has been pretty dam good...

Oak Hills, I hear ya, but that mentality of the person is an alumni doesn't mean they're a good coach
I doubt Northwest loses football, that would mean Colerain would too and I don't see that happening
Didn't realize Loveland's coach has only been there a year.
Batavia, maybe too soon to make a move
I agree completely with your view on Clark
Norwood had new blood who had them on the upswing and ran him off
Moeller has to do something, too much tradition there to be this bad

Northwest seems to have decent numbers. Is it just a talent issue right now?

I don’t think Cranford Ever went 0-10. They were 1-9 twice under him if my memory serves me right. The difference between Cranford’s teams and this team is Cranford’s teams were competitive in most games, whereas I think this team had a running clock in every game (only made it to a couple games, someone can check me on this). From what I’ve seen and heard, Nothing about this season at Loveland says it’s going to get better anytime soon. Seems like the coaches are way in over their heads

I agree. It's one thing to give up nearly 500 points in a season. It is a whole other thing to not have a 100 yard rusher for the season! I know they want to throw the football but how is that even possible?

Oak Hills officially open. I told you all that there was no way he came back. Let all the talk about how there's no reason a school that big can't win, how there's got to be all these athletes roaming the halls, all the untapped potential. That part of town is dying a slow miserable death unfortunately.

Honestly, who even considers this job at this point?

Last edited:
Oak Hills has great facilities. That is one school I cannot understand how they are so bad. I thought they just upgraded major parts of their athletic complexes like a new weight room etc. I know Loveland just has zero talent. They scrimmaged Fairmont and tried going empty formation/hurry up offense and Fairmont blew them out and Fairmont was ehhh this year. I'm curious to see who will take the Fenwick job. For a school with no talent as of late, they definitely play hard and above expectations. They may try to go the same route as basketball and hire someone with ties to the nearby public schools because they are now accepting vouchers.

Batavia job posted today. Went 4-6, 6-4(1 PAT from playoffs), 1-9. Finished the season with about 20 kids(mostly sophs) in pads due to injuries. Graduated 16 seniors from 6-4 year. Only lose 6 seniors this year of which 3 were contributors.

Just passed levy which is building a new HS and MS. Just got turf fb, baseball, and softball fields.

Tough job considering where they stand enrollment wise in their side of the league.

Not a fan of the decision in the least considering the unlucky nature of the injuries this year and the potential for next year.