Joe Burrow

Wow, what a performance. Today it's gone from Tank for Tua to Blow for Burrow.

I think Burrow moves to the front of the pack for QB's in the NFL draft. IMO both Miami & Cincy would be better off with him over Tua. If the Jet's get the #1 pick they'll probably take the Ohio State defensive lineman.

But after yesterday Burrow has shown himself to be the best QB in college football. And he's not a one year wonder either as you can go back to the end of last year when he caught fire after the Bama loss (he played with a partially separated shoulder in that game) and through the New Years Day Bowl win. Whatever arm strength issues he might have had at Ohio State are no longer there. In fact his accuracy in throwing the intermediate pass is quite impressive. And unlike Tua, who gains a LOT of yardage throwing WR screens, Burrow attacks down the field.

I think Burrow moves to the front of the pack for QB's in the NFL draft. IMO both Miami & Cincy would be better off with him over Tua. If the Jet's get the #1 pick they'll probably take the Ohio State defensive lineman.

But after yesterday Burrow has shown himself to be the best QB in college football. And he's not a one year wonder either as you can go back to the end of last year when he caught fire after the Bama loss (he played with a partially separated shoulder in that game) and through the New Years Day Bowl win. Whatever arm strength issues he might have had at Ohio State are no longer there. In fact his accuracy in throwing the intermediate pass is quite impressive. And unlike Tua, who gains a LOT of yardage throwing WR screens, Burrow attacks down the field.
Bengals will take him and his career will be shattered

Joe was what, 15? who digs up old tweets from a 15 year old. Leftist are gonna hate, they just can't help it.

It's awful isn't it. They did the same crap to Josh Allen on the eve of the 2018 draft. Tweets/Facebook postings from when he was 15 hit the scene.

The people that do this need to be identified and shamed. They're scum bags.

"Scum bags" are ripping on the exposure.

It's public knowledge. It's not intrusion. Society doesn't change if it doesn't reflect and this is reflection. Adults who say this is just kids being kids are the scum whose raised scum. Adults who say this is kids needing correction lead to solutions and we move on.

This whole forum talks about kids. Beatchin about this is hypocritical. It's just part of the process of learning to deal with new culture. Society will become inured to it. In the mean time, tell your dumb kids to stay off the twitter and there's no problem.

My reflection on Burrow's exposed posts are there is nothing "hateful" there. They seem to reflect and be in response to a mainstream culture, personalized. Whether either is productive? ?

"Scum bags" are ripping on the exposure.

It's public knowledge. It's not intrusion. Society doesn't change if it doesn't reflect and this is reflection. Adults who say this is just kids being kids are the scum whose raised scum. Adults who say this is kids needing correction lead to solutions and we move on.

This whole forum talks about kids. Beatchin about this is hypocritical. It's just part of the process of learning to deal with new culture. Society will become inured to it. In the mean time, tell your dumb kids to stay off the twitter and there's no problem.

My reflection on Burrow's exposed posts are there is nothing "hateful" there. They seem to reflect and be in response to a mainstream culture, personalized. Whether either is productive? ?

You left out a couple of important details for most of these events:

* First the scum bags often take the old tweets out of context making the posts look much worse then they were. They do this because their goal is to hurt the person. That's what makes them scum bags.

* Teenagers DO deserve special consideration on things they say & do. To suggest otherwise is silly and goes against the experience anyone who was a teenager or raised a teenager has had. Teenagers do not always use good judgement. Does this surprise you East? To dig up what teens posted in an effort to create controversy or hurt them as adults is a scummy thing to do. End of story.

* And you even admit that Burrows posts had nothing "hateful" in them. But that's your opinion and even though I agree with you the purpose of the scum bags who dig this stuff up is to declare what was said HATEFUL. Because in our modern society what you or I consider harmless they consider deeply racist or homophobic or sexist or whatever.

* They are deliberately trying to hurt someone who has done nothing to them and did nothing wrong. I call those type of people Scum bags.

You left out a couple of important details for most of these events:

1) * First the scum bags often take the old tweets out of context making the posts look much worse then they were. They do this because their goal is to hurt the person. That's what makes them scum bags.

2)* Teenagers DO deserve special consideration on things they say & do. To suggest otherwise is silly and goes against the experience anyone who was a teenager or raised a teenager has had. Teenagers do not always use good judgement. Does this surprise you East? To dig up what teens posted in an effort to create controversy or hurt them as adults is a scummy thing to do. End of story.

3) * And you even admit that Burrows posts had nothing "hateful" in them. But that's your opinion and even though I agree with you the purpose of the scum bags who dig this stuff up is to declare what was said HATEFUL. Because in our modern society what you or I consider harmless they consider deeply racist or homophobic or sexist or whatever.

4) * They are deliberately trying to hurt someone who has done nothing to them and did nothing wrong. I call those type of people Scum bags.
1) the context is still there, nothing was taken.
2) No they don't. It's public. It harms. It's fact. Only a silly scumbag would think otherwise and would try to hide someone harming someone else. The problem isn't the exposure. It's your ability to deal with reality and to even remotely see the future. THIS IS OUR FUTURE. The better kids and society learn to handle it now, the fewer lives destroyed.
3) I posted that I didn't see "hate." I didn't say I didn't see "harm."
4) Well, you're basically describing the job of journalists here but in context, you don't know their intent. You presume their intent. If I were to presume I could presume their intent was to keep someone else, or future someone else's from harming others by exposing how hurtful this social media can be.

We need to teach our children the differences between private thoughts, private conversation and public conversation and its affects on others and to realize there are consequences to expressing viewpoints. Make sure they're worth the potential repercussions. Society will grow to put them into proper perspective or as I said, they will simply get innured to it and not care.

Feel free to expose those that brought forth the posts. Be proactive instead of the constant snowflaky azzed whining.

SI posted an interesting column on Joe Burrows today: https://www.si.com/college/2019/11/26/joe-burrow-lsu-tigers-nfl

I have not read through this entire thread but I did learn something new in this column:

...He grew up in The Plains, Ohio, became a star quarterback in high school and led his team to a state championship game appearance. In his dreams he would go on to lift the once-proud program that he revered—Nebraska—back to prominence. Maybe, when his imagination got carried away, even to a national championship.

But Burrow’s dream was not meant to be. The Cornhuskers wouldn’t even give him a look. “They were questioning his arm strength and whatever,” says Joe’s brother Dan, a Huskers safety in the early 2000s. “All Joe ever wanted to do was play for Nebraska. It really, really hurt me

Burrow went to Ohio State instead, where he sat on the bench for three seasons. When he decided to transfer as a redshirt junior, Nebraska, mired in a dismal stretch, could have landed him again. The Cornhuskers passed. When asked about Burrow at the time, Nebraska coach Scott Frost said, “You think he’s better than what we got?”

yes

cfd6795d4c780615847d7b470f3ce4bc.gif

SI posted an interesting column on Joe Burrows today: https://www.si.com/college/2019/11/26/joe-burrow-lsu-tigers-nfl

I have not read through this entire thread but I did learn something new in this column:

...He grew up in The Plains, Ohio, became a star quarterback in high school and led his team to a state championship game appearance. In his dreams he would go on to lift the once-proud program that he revered—Nebraska—back to prominence. Maybe, when his imagination got carried away, even to a national championship.

But Burrow’s dream was not meant to be. The Cornhuskers wouldn’t even give him a look. “They were questioning his arm strength and whatever,” says Joe’s brother Dan, a Huskers safety in the early 2000s. “All Joe ever wanted to do was play for Nebraska. It really, really hurt me

Burrow went to Ohio State instead, where he sat on the bench for three seasons. When he decided to transfer as a redshirt junior, Nebraska, mired in a dismal stretch, could have landed him again. The Cornhuskers passed. When asked about Burrow at the time, Nebraska coach Scott Frost said, “You think he’s better than what we got?”

I'm not that familiar with Frost. Is he a "measurables" guy ?

Maybe his QB has a 40 time 0.075 faster, and throws the ball 4 yards further ? Better vertical, no doubt.....

Joe was what, 15? who digs up old tweets from a 15 year old. Leftist are gonna hate, they just can't help it.

Leftists, or SEC redneck idiot honks, maybe ?

A loser, maybe trying to create dissent because those whom he supports are inferior by conventional metrics.

Probably pretty much the 21st century version of the kind of loser that poisons a 150 yr old tree because his opponent parties there.

People really need to get a life. I think it's ridiculous that once someone gets a little notoriety, the trolls out there have to say, "Let's go find something he may have said that is racist or God forbid homophobic, so I can ruin his life because mine sucks." But who really needs to be held to task are the idiot media outlets who report on it. They should just leave it alone. And who cares if he called Wisconsin white boys. They were. These tweets were not that bad or as bad as other tweets, but this stuff has to stop. There should be a law of how far one can go to dig up and post someone's past tweets. But if you are one of those people, you need to try and become great instead of running great people's lives.

People really need to get a life. I think it's ridiculous that once someone gets a little notoriety, the trolls out there have to say, "Let's go find something he may have said that is racist or God forbid homophobic, so I can ruin his life because mine sucks." But who really needs to be held to task are the idiot media outlets who report on it. They should just leave it alone. And who cares if he called Wisconsin white boys. They were. These tweets were not that bad or as bad as other tweets, but this stuff has to stop. There should be a law of how far one can go to dig up and post someone's past tweets. But if you are one of those people, you need to try and become great instead of running great people's lives.
His HS tweets were hilarious

I always like Burrow and thought that he never got a fair shake in Columbus. The third best QB on the team was Barrett and somehow he got the start. Now we're seeing what he can do.

It gets tiresome listening to Meyer on every national opportunity to talk up Young. He repeats "get rid of the small games" then pretends OSU is the only one still playing big games or the only one that has played big games. It's the only logic that spins the story in a way that he doesn't have to answer questions about his previous QB choices and even that logic isn't solid.

Meanwhile his toy was suspended for "easy" games. He NEEDS to justify his previous choice. He knows he had the best QB sitting on the bench. I could get more controversial than that but let's leave it. As for OSY's "hard" games, none of those teams have been seen winning against top OOC. Quite a coincidence that whole story comes out right before easy games. If Young had been suspended for Penn St, Michigan, then it would have been an actual suspension. So, no advantage, no Heisman.

Given pure rooting Heisman interest, I'm going with the guy that's going to draw attention to the talent from Ohio rather than the talent drawn to Ohio. $ is $. First it was Dobbins. Then when the transfer showed promose, it was Fields. Then it was the suspended Young, the one player that will counter the Woodson Heisman. Then a story breaks, that was gonna break anyhow, conveniently before "easy" games. Too much orchestration here for my tastes. On any other year, I'd be rooting for the Ohio St guy. Not this.

Burrow > Young.

Last edited:
Burrow will be drafted #1 by the Bengals. At least he can sit behind Dalton for 2 years. They will suck and should get good players through the draft while Dalton plays

If the Bengals take Burrow and I suspect they will, not only because he's a very good NFL QB prospect but the Bengals need to sell tickets and a QB sells more tickets then a DE, they will likely play him right from the get go.

If you look at 1st round QB's drafted over the last 2 years they are all being thrown to the wolves and the only one to fail so far has been Josh Rosen. By the half way point of their rookie season or earlier Mayfield, Jackson, Allen, Darnold, Jones & Murray were all starting. These kids coming out of college play the position of QB a lot better then previous generations. They are NFL ready right from the start.

This might help explain why college football defenses struggle to stop these high powered offenses. They're being directed by NFL level QB's.

If the Bengals pick Burrow it's sink or swim. Now given his age and experience playing for an NFL guy at LSU I think he can handle it. But if you noticed the Bengal's played in an empty stadium against the Jets. And I mean empty. They need to give folks a reason to spend money on tickets.

I always like Burrow and thought that he never got a fair shake in Columbus. The third best QB on the team was Barrett and somehow he got the start. Now we're seeing what he can do.

You do realize that you are calling the guy that holds damn near every career OSU and Big Ten passing record the 3rd best QB on the team. I am impressed with what Burrow has done at LSU, but unless you were in those meetings, film sessions, practices you have no idea who the best guy was. Burrow could have done a complete 180 once he arrived at LSU. No offense and I'm sure you are full of football knowledge, but I'll take the opinion of the coach who is the only coach in college history to post double digit wins at 4 different schools and has multiple national titles under his belt over yours.

And there are a lot of guys who were great college QB's that didn't turn out to be good in the NFL.

Last edited: