McKinley football 2019

Looking back at the season, I have to say Coach Wattley did a fine job getting his program started. One must remember that he has only been working with these kids for 6-7 months due to the late hire, and that's only half of a year, folks. 9-3 with losses to two undefeated teams and a good Euclid team that finished 9-3 and won our first outright league championship since '13.

In NONE of pur losses were we embarrassed. Our kids fought through their mistakes and never quit. I was very proud of them for the effort they gave and look forward to what will be a physically and mentally stronger team next year. It was a shame Joseph Saipaia couldnt play tonight. He was sorely missed, as was the other starters who were out. The kids who filled in did a really good job against a nationally ranked team tonight, maybe Ohio's best this year.

Good luck to all of the seniors as they move on in life. Garrett was great to watch along with Robinson and the rest. We have a ton of guys back next year, including 4 outstanding Sophs who started along with several juniors. The future is very bright indeed.

Thanks to Coop for all he does to support our cool school and the best darn band in the land, the Marching Bulldogs!
Good luck to all!

Always, always keep the faith!

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION

McKinley finished second in the coaches poll and third in the AP. Rocco Rich and Company pounded Massillon physically that year and many felt they were the best team in the state. I was a sophmore. Too bad there was no playoff in those days. Chismar was one of McKinley's great coaches.

Thank you PUPS for a great season! It was fun watching you guys this year, and we went to more games than we originally had planned. You kept on winning, and we kept firing up the car each weekend to make the long drive from Cleveland's West Side to watch.

We look forward to next year to see our underclassmen play their second year for Coach Wattley. You made us proud to be Bulldogs. Good luck to you going forward. Go Pups! sam

It's time to get out of the Federal League...…...

McKinley's record against the Federal League.

McKinley 80-22
Hoover 51-51
GlenOak 51-51

All the rest have losing records.

You shortchanged your Bulldogs.
McKinley-----83-23 (Since 2004)

FYI
McKinley-----124-42 (Overall)

See all you Bulldogs in 2020 at PBTS for GAME 131.

Last edited:
Looking back at the season, I have to say Coach Wattley did a fine job getting his program started. One must remember that he has only been working with these kids for 6-7 months due to the late hire, and that's only half of a year, folks. 9-3 with losses to two undefeated teams and a good Euclid team that finished 9-3 and won our first outright league championship since '13.

In NONE of pur losses were we embarrassed. Our kids fought through their mistakes and never quit. I was very proud of them for the effort they gave and look forward to what will be a physically and mentally stronger team next year. It was a shame Joseph Saipaia couldnt play tonight. He was sorely missed, as was the other starters who were out. The kids who filled in did a really good job against a nationally ranked team tonight, maybe Ohio's best this year.

Good luck to all of the seniors as they move on in life. Garrett was great to watch along with Robinson and the rest. We have a ton of guys back next year, including 4 outstanding Sophs who started along with several juniors. The future is very bright indeed.

Thanks to Coop for all he does to support our cool school and the best darn band in the land, the Marching Bulldogs!
Good luck to all!

Always, always keep the faith!

Couldn't agree more, JJ. You started on Coach's bandwagon very early in the game and some people scoffed at you. I had a feeling that this guy was going to come in and do some good things just by some of the things I read he was saying when he first started. Caring about the kids, caring about the program, bringing McKinley pride and discipline back. All those things transpired through the summer and into the season. This was a real good year for McKinley and a solid foundation to build on for the future. The Pups are formidable again!! And that's a good thing. I'll leave the Federal League discussion for all you locals. LOL.

Couldn't agree more, JJ. You started on Coach's bandwagon very early in the game and some people scoffed at you. I had a feeling that this guy was going to come in and do some good things just by some of the things I read he was saying when he first started. Caring about the kids, caring about the program, bringing McKinley pride and discipline back. All those things transpired through the summer and into the season. This was a real good year for McKinley and a solid foundation to build on for the future. The Pups are formidable again!! And that's a good thing. I'll leave the Federal League discussion for all you locals. LOL.
Couldn't agree more! This hire looks better and better for both coach and school. For the McKinley faithful, I'd suggest you pay attention to how many players not only join in on the off-season conditioning, but also how many stay involved in other sports for cross training purposes. Not so much basketball because there isn't a whole lot in common between football/ basketball skill sets. But in his time at STVM, Wattley always was in favor of the linemen going out for wrestling and for the speed guys to get involved in track. If you start to see this as a trend at McKinley, then you'll know the players are fulling buying into the system. And I suspect that will be the case.

There's a spot in the GCC available ?
I would love that for football and basketball. But it would prove cost-prohibitive for the non-revenue sports. Maybe the Fed will let us leave for football only? I doubt it.The Fed teams are good in basketball, but the officiating bias is horrific. Also, I'm not sure that outside of Mentor and Euclid, we wouldn't be treated any differently than Shaker, which is a sad commentary on the offending communities.

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION.

Couldn't agree more! This hire looks better and better for both coach and school. For the McKinley faithful, I'd suggest you pay attention to how many players not only join in on the off-season conditioning, but also how many stay involved in other sports for cross training purposes. Not so much basketball because there isn't a whole lot in common between football/ basketball skill sets. But in his time at STVM, Wattley always was in favor of the linemen going out for wrestling and for the speed guys to get involved in track. If you start to see this as a trend at McKinley, then you'll know the players are fulling buying into the system. And I suspect that will be the case.

He is a perfect fit and I hope he stays forever! This board of education needs to give him every resource he needs to reach his goals. If they do that, our 4th State Playoff Championship is sooner than later. Already can't wait for 2020!

ALWAYS, ALWAYS KEEP THE FAITH

Lamier Garret is D1 District Offensive Player of the Year!

I would love that for football and basketball. But it would prove cost-prohibitive for the non-revenue sports. Maybe the Fed will let us leave for football only? I doubt it.The Fed teams are good in basketball, but the officiating bias is horrific. Also, I'm not sure that outside of Mentor and Euclid, we wouldn't be treated any differently than Shaker, which is a sad commentary on the offending communities.

WHERE CHAMPIONS ARE MADE AND SUCCESS IS TRADITION.
Shaker wasn't treated bad. That was a pathetic race card pulling move to coverup for them getting killed in most sports outside of boys basketball.

Shaker wasn't treated bad. That was a pathetic race card pulling move to coverup for them getting killed in most sports outside of boys basketball.
I disagree, having spoken to Shaker people who know more than you about their treatment. You weren't there, they were.. And I've seen the same kinds of things first hand down here as well, and we aren't exactly getting killed in football and basketball down here, either. Sadly, it has happened across the country a lot more in the last few years. Can't fix a problem until you admit you have one.

I disagree, having spoken to Shaker people who know more than you about their treatment. You weren't there, they were.. And I've seen the same kinds of things first hand down here as well, and we aren't exactly getting killed in football and basketball down here, either. Sadly, it has happened across the country a lot more in the last few years. Can't fix a problem until you admit you have one.

Well I won't admit we have a problem because we don't. And we were in a league with shaker Euclid and Elyria before the gcc as well. And helped get shaker into the Noc and Euclid into the gcc

Notice Euclid and Elyria don't cite those other communities though. It was a cop out. Shaker was getting blasted and wanted to go back to the LEL so they could compete better. Those people you talked to (if that isn't made up) are people trying to save face. Not easy to say your school left because they suck

Thank you PUPS for a great season! It was fun watching you guys this year, and we went to more games than we originally had planned. You kept on winning, and we kept firing up the car each weekend to make the long drive from Cleveland's West Side to watch.

We look forward to next year to see our underclassmen play their second year for Coach Wattley. You made us proud to be Bulldogs. Good luck to you going forward. Go Pups! sam
Bulldogs must shore up the defense. Must learn not to give up the big play. This has been the norm for too long.
You are right. Thanks. As you know, regardless of our feuding, MWHS and CMHS are attached at the hip.
Thumbs up - Dr. Henry Di Carlo

Well I won't admit we have a problem because we don't. And we were in a league with shaker Euclid and Elyria before the gcc as well. And helped get shaker into the Noc and Euclid into the gcc

Notice Euclid and Elyria don't cite those other communities though. It was a cop out. Shaker was getting blasted and wanted to go back to the LEL so they could compete better. Those people you talked to (if that isn't made up) are people trying to save face. Not easy to say your school left because they suck
You really don't know what you are talking about, but it never stopped you before. I'm in the Cle Hts/ Shaker area often and know lots of people there. I love the area. It's way better there than most of Ohio for me, lots of great food and ambience, architecture and other amenities. I wouldn't mind living there at all, although Canton is far less expensive.

School districts don't invent that kind of drama just to leave a conference, either. Name one that has. Only a paranoid individual living in a ideological bubble would even suggest it.

I hope Mentor wins it all despite you. I want Triv to go out as a state champion. He's a fine coach and your school might really miss him over time. Great HCs are a species unto themselves.

You really don't know what you are talking about, but it never stopped you before. I'm in the Cle Hts/ Shaker area often and know lots of people there. I love the area. It's way better there than most of Ohio for me, lots of great food and ambience, architecture and other amenities. I wouldn't mind living there at all, although Canton is far less expensive.

School districts don't invent that kind of drama just to leave a conference, either. Name one that has. Only a paranoid individual living in a ideological bubble would even suggest it.

I hope Mentor wins it all despite you. I want Triv to go out as a state champion. He's a fine coach and your school might really miss him over time. Great HCs are a species unto themselves.

Coming from a know nothing neanderthal like you, I'll take any attempted putdowns as compliments

Shaker left because they couldn't compete in the GCC. That's the bottom line. They even said they want the LEL to better compete in their press release The other stuff is garbage to save face or else Euclid and Elyria would experience it too and want to leave for the same reasons. Guess they magically don't experience that because they have more teams that can compete. Imagine that !

I actually do know more than you because my school.has been in multiple conferences with these teams. You on the other hand are going off 2nd or 3rd hand information because you don't know about it first hand.

Don't know what bubble you are talking about but I'm a minority myself. I just don't pull the card whenever it's needed

But nice try

I actually don't care if you or anyone else likes or hates my school. Couldn't care less

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone for making this message board a memorable place to be this year. It was great to make new friends and to reconnect with familiar ones. Let's do it all again next year. Time for me now to hibernate as football is the only sport in which I care to post. Good luck to all. GO PUPS! GO COACH WATTLEY! sam

NO ONE RUNS ON THE BAND - THE PRIDE OF CANTON!!!

Coming from a know nothing neanderthal like you, I'll take any attempted putdowns as compliments

Shaker left because they couldn't compete in the GCC. That's the bottom line. They even said they want the LEL to better compete in their press release The other stuff is garbage to save face or else Euclid and Elyria would experience it too and want to leave for the same reasons. Guess they magically don't experience that because they have more teams that can compete. Imagine that !

I actually do know more than you because my school.has been in multiple conferences with these teams. You on the other hand are going off 2nd or 3rd hand information because you don't know about it first hand.

Don't know what bubble you are talking about but I'm a minority myself. I just don't pull the card whenever it's needed

But nice try

I actually don't care if you or anyone else likes or hates my school. Couldn't care less

Well you are rather obviously projecting when you call other people "know nothing neanderthals " and I'll leave it go at that lol

Well you are rather obviously projecting when you call other people "know nothing neanderthals " and I'll leave it go at that lol

Na. First hand knowledge of the teams involved is better than 2nd or 3rd hand knowledge any day of the week. You not addressing the points made and just resorting to the race card says it all

The LEL schools treated Mentor way worse than the gcc treated shaker. But I know black people can't be racist and alll that jazz....

Euclid and Elyria aren't complaining about trh GCC because they compete.

Na. First hand knowledge of the teams involved is better than 2nd or 3rd hand knowledge any day of the week. You not addressing the points made and just resorting to the race card says it all

The LEL schools treated Mentor way worse than the gcc treated shaker. But I know black people can't be racist and alll that jazz....

Euclid and Elyria aren't complaining about trh GCC because they compete.
So you are inferring that you were present for the Shaker games when they allege their kids suffered racial abuse? Otherwise, you are going by assumptions based upon ignorance.

I'll go with the obvious. You are totally ignorant Perhaps you should go back to the game thread and whine some more about a location you likely won't see.