Don Cherry fired over his remarks about immigrants in Canada!

You are free to complain for sure but freedom of speech does not protect Cherry from repercussions for his comments. He has a long history of insensitive remarks. He survived all of them until now. His company made a business decision just like the NFL and the NBA. Simple as that.

Employers absolutely have the right to fire Cherry just like they had the right to fire/not hire Kaepernick. The question is, is it the right move? If I'd have needed a declining #2 or #3 QB 2 years ago, I'd have brought Kaep in and laid it out. If he can play nice and stand for the anthem in his uniform, he can ride the pine and hope for an injury to the starter or compete for the job in camp. If he kneels/squats or embarrasses the team or the owner by his voluntary actions, he will be unemployed again.
The really ironic thing is that while Kaepernick has been blackballed from the NFL for his actions and he does still want to play, his kneeling has actually made him a lot of money. His Nike contract is bigger than it was before so what was bad business for the NFL has been very good business for Nike.

Not especially. The ol' "is it overly intolerant to not tolerate some forms of intolerance?" rhetorical "paradox" doesn't really hold up under any real scrutiny. That's a prime example of the kind of verbal parlor trick that would be employed by someone who's easily caught up with how clever they think they are. It's generally better to be tolerant than not, but that doesn't at all mean that society should literally just tolerate everything.
It’s a dumb guy argument. No surprise single white male clings to it.

The really ironic thing is that while Kaepernick has been blackballed from the NFL for his actions and he does still want to play, his kneeling has actually made him a lot of money. His Nike contract is bigger than it was before so what was bad business for the NFL has been very good business for Nike.

Nike is OK with profiting by claiming moral high ground with Kapernick while using sweat shop children slaves in China.

Kapernick should speak out about China where free speech is banned. Lots of people dead in Hong Kong very sad

Nike is OK with profiting by claiming moral high ground with Kapernick while using sweat shop children slaves in China.

Kapernick should speak out about China where free speech is banned. Lots of people dead in Hong Kong very sad
Maybe Trump should speak out on Hong Kong instead of promising to keep silent during trade talks as to not upset China. Lots of people dead in Hong Kong very sad.

Maybe Trump should speak out on Hong Kong instead of promising to keep silent during trade talks as to not upset China. Lots of people dead in Hong Kong very sad.
I agree 100%. We should abandon trade talks with China and enact a trade embargo until Beijing agrees to free Hong Kong and end children’s slavery.

Yeah, let's go to real war with Chinese over Hong Kong. Great idea.

But yet, it doesn’t at all.

Anyone that demands tolerance for one side of an argument but can't display tolerance for the other side illustrates the hypocrisy of their argument. If you want to pick a side and demand that your vision replace the opposing side, I can respect that. But trying to win over the opposition by calling them intolerant while you remain intolerant of their position is a stupid position - which explains your position.

Yeah, let's go to real war with Chinese over Hong Kong. Great idea.
Hmm. Who said anything about going to war. It is just not to stay silent while human rights are violated. Kinda like not hosting the Turkish dictator in the White House after we capture video of them committing war crimes against the Kurds. Just common sense not war.

Anyone that demands tolerance for one side of an argument but can't display tolerance for the other side illustrates the hypocrisy of their argument. If you want to pick a side and demand that your vision replace the opposing side, I can respect that. But trying to win over the opposition by calling them intolerant while you remain intolerant of their position is a stupid position - which explains your position.
So opposing racism and asking for tolerance and respect for all races requires a tolerant attitude towards those who want to discriminate against people because of their race? Lol. Okay.

I would like to listen to the entire segment; I have just read quotes and I am not sure they are the entire piece. But from what I read, I am not seeing any real issue. It is tragic that we cannot voice our thoughts without reprisal, every single time in this radical PC world.

Not for me. I don't consider it "radical." I just want people to do their frickin job. This is a nice good old fashioned conservative viewpoint, not a radical one. Not interested in their opinions at all. Everyone wants to be Judge Judy, who's paid to give entertaining opinions, while they're not.

If the company made the wrong business decision or if SWCinci so badly wants that to be so, then he can start a movement. He'll have to get off the lazyboy to do it so, not happening.

So opposing racism and asking for tolerance and respect for all races requires a tolerant attitude towards those who want to discriminate against people because of their race? Lol. Okay.

There's your mistake, you're trying to chain together several arguments to try to engineer a specific result. Racism is bad and has nothing to do with tolerance - it is an active decision. If you are a racist, by definition you are not tolerant and can't be. Now, I could not care whether you are black, Asian, Hispanic, or white and simply prefer the company of Scandinavian women but be tolerant of your right to exist and do whatever you want. Like the baker that doesn't want to bake a cake for a gay wedding, they can be tolerant of gay people (don't care if there are gay people or even if they get married, just don't want to be involved) without being forced to be an active participant.

There's your mistake, you're trying to chain together several arguments to try to engineer a specific result. Racism is bad and has nothing to do with tolerance - it is an active decision. If you are a racist, by definition you are not tolerant and can't be. Now, I could not care whether you are black, Asian, Hispanic, or white and simply prefer the company of Scandinavian women but be tolerant of your right to exist and do whatever you want. Like the baker that doesn't want to bake a cake for a gay wedding, they can be tolerant of gay people (don't care if there are gay people or even if they get married, just don't want to be involved) without being forced to be an active participant.

He didn't make a mistake. He intended to be wrong.

Hmm. Who said anything about going to war. It is just not to stay silent while human rights are violated. Kinda like not hosting the Turkish dictator in the White House after we capture video of them committing war crimes against the Kurds. Just common sense not war.

I’m on the record as being against the war in Syria. Obama’s invasion was a mistake

You are free to complain for sure but freedom of speech does not protect Cherry from repercussions for his comments. He has a long history of insensitive remarks. He survived all of them until now. His company made a business decision just like the NFL and the NBA. Simple as that.

"insensitive" according to whom?

Sometimes the truth hurts a little ............are we to run from it just because a few might be a tad uncomfortable? I think not.

If you just wanted to live in your own bubble and ignore them, that would be fine. Obviously I’m talking about the support of laws that make discriminatory practices acceptable.

I was going to write something about how intolerant people are, but don't have time because I have to go to Hobby Lobby to glue the soles back on my Nike sneakers and pick up dinner at Chic-Fil-A

add in ..... After Starting my day with a Fresh cup of Black Rifle Coffee while watching Fox Business Channel

If you just wanted to live in your own bubble and ignore them, that would be fine. Obviously I’m talking about the support of laws that make discriminatory practices acceptable.

Discrimination is acceptable, everyone discriminates all the time. Some people prefer Coke over Pepsi. Some people like rock and some people hate rap. I won't rent to someone with less than a 725 credit score. If you won't eat fast food, you discriminate. Now, there might be some discrimination that is distasteful, there might be some that is regulated against, but to think discrimination is not acceptable would be a lie.

Discrimination is acceptable, everyone discriminates all the time. Some people prefer Coke over Pepsi. Some people like rock and some people hate rap. I won't rent to someone with less than a 725 credit score. If you won't eat fast food, you discriminate. Now, there might be some discrimination that is distasteful, there might be some that is regulated against, but to think discrimination is not acceptable would be a lie.
Lol. So you thought I was referring to discrimination of soda? What a moron. So your position is ALL discrimination is acceptable?

Lol. So you thought I was referring to discrimination of soda? What a moron. So your position is ALL discrimination is acceptable?

So your problem is comprehension, I'da thought that would have been explained to you in school when they tried to help you. Read what I said again, take your time, you can move your lips if you think that will help. We're not here to judge you.

And that sewage they send...

Down the Ohio to North Bend...

Ends up as drinking water at Elderrrr.

giphy.gif

So your problem is comprehension, I'da thought that would have been explained to you in school when they tried to help you. Read what I said again, take your time, you can move your lips if you think that will help. We're not here to judge you.

I think his problem is that he is a jackazz, typically, but he could be slow here as well. It fits him.