Don Cherry fired over his remarks about immigrants in Canada!

Apparently - a couple years back it was OK ..... so Here's an Oldie from Don ...

"If hooking up one terrorist prisoner's testicles to a car battery to get the truth out of the lying little camelshagger will save just one Canadian life, then I have only three things to say:

'Red is positive,
black is negative, and
make sure his nuts are wet'." !!!

Hate to see camels being disgraced like this.

Majestic animals

The responses in this thread are absolutely hilarious, given all of the comments from many conservatives on the nature of employer-employee relationships during all of the Kaepernick stuff.
Kaep shouldn't have lost his job solely for his stance, but the court of majority public opinion sided against him and the NFL took note. Kaep's deterioration in play just made it easier. It's the same with Cherry, or anyone else...say what you will, but be prepared for repercussions.

All I can say is we must have forgotten free speech. I might (and if you are liberal Democrat I will) disagree with what you say, but I will fight for your right to say it.
This has nothing to do with free speech. Free speech does not absolve you from consequences for what you say. It protects you from government prosecution and it in not even absolute. Some people love what he said. Some people hate what he said. His employer made a business decision. If you are in fact a capitalist, then you should respect his companies right to make their own HR decision based on their bottom line.

I would like to listen to the entire segment; I have just read quotes and I am not sure they are the entire piece. But from what I read, I am not seeing any real issue. It is tragic that we cannot voice our thoughts without reprisal, every single time in this radical PC world.

Apparently - a couple years back it was OK ..... so Here's an Oldie from Don ...

"If hooking up one terrorist prisoner's testicles to a car battery to get the truth out of the lying little camelshagger will save just one Canadian life, then I have only three things to say:

'Red is positive,
black is negative, and
make sure his nuts are wet'." !!!

LOL at camelshagger

I'm guessing a change in leadership there just was looking for an excuse to cut bait with him. Sounds like he's old.

Last edited:
The responses in this thread are absolutely hilarious, given all of the comments from many conservatives on the nature of employer-employee relationships during all of the Kaepernick stuff.

What IS actually hilarious is the nonsense that partisan hack trolls such as yourself propagate in "The Legend of Colin Kaepernick".

Kaep had one half of a great year after Alex Smith was concussed, with Jim Harbaugh calling plays for him. They made it to the Harbaugh Super Bowl, and the Ravens won. Kaep had shredded the crappy Green Bay D in the NFC Championship, and when they played GB at the beginning of the following season, GB had the Kaep offense figured out and shut him down. Kaep had mixed results with everyone after that, and he was finally benched. Harbaugh split for the Meetchicken Wolverweasels. Kaep lost about 15-20 pounds, and was a pretty mediocre QB, if that, without the threat of being a running QB. He still expected starter's money, would not re-negotiate his contract, so of course no one wanted to even trade for him as a back-up.

THEN, as a cast-aside, stuck-in-his-contract-and-won't-leave-his-money back-up QB, he started his kneeling BS. I guess he was bored, or mad because he couldn't get a ball cap to stay on his dream hairdo without a chin strap.

He parlayed that into polarizing himself enough that a Nike contract fell in his lap. Good for him, nice retirement plan. New Balance et al shoes and other sportswear for me ever since. Not one dime to Nike from me.

He is no longer a football player because he has too much money to have to admit that he sucks as an NFL QB and take a more humble back-up contract. Pretty simple, and that^ should even be clear enough for you, moron.

Last edited:
Toronto is overrun by Pakis. They will have a real problem there before too long. The allure of cheap labor changed the character of a great city.
It used to be Chinese they had a problem with and now it's Pakis?!?!? I didn't know that, I haven't been there in awhile but I used to travel their quite a bit for business. I loved that city back in the 1980s and 1990s.

What I find interesting is the overall lack of tolerance by the Progressives who constantly are preaching tolerance. I guess it's tolerance only if you believe in the Far Left's Progressive ways. Canada is having a similar political battle between Conservatives and Progressives that we are seeing here in the US. In their case it's the Eastern part of the country against the Western Provinces. There is a serious movement going on right now called WEXIT where the western provinces are joining together to split from Canada. Things like this incident are what's driving he talk of a split.

I find it interesting that most Conservatives I know and follow on line believe in letting people live an let live. They may not approve of certain life styles or where some people are from but I don't see the daily harassment of different people that we are seeing from the Left. Some posters on here seem to be quite contrary without admitting the outright prejudice being exhorted by the Left.

Strongly agree. I have zero respect for any of the Canadian people including Don Cherry. If people like Canadian racists so much maybe they should just move there

Kaep shouldn't have lost his job solely for his stance, but the court of majority public opinion sided against him and the NFL took note. Kaep's deterioration in play just made it easier. It's the same with Cherry, or anyone else...say what you will, but be prepared for repercussions.

He didn't. He was benched l-o-o-ong before he was kneeling for attention. His ego priced him out of the market, and only THEN did he double down on all the political bull yit.

It used to be Chinese they had a problem with and now it's Pakis?!?!? I didn't know that, I haven't been there in awhile but I used to travel their quite a bit for business. I loved that city back in the 1980s and 1990s.

What I find interesting is the overall lack of tolerance by the Progressives who constantly are preaching tolerance. I guess it's tolerance only if you believe in the Far Left's Progressive ways. Canada is having a similar political battle between Conservatives and Progressives that we are seeing here in the US. In their case it's the Eastern part of the country against the Western Provinces. There is a serious movement going on right now called WEXIT where the western provinces are joining together to split from Canada. Things like this incident are what's driving he talk of a split.

I find it interesting that most Conservatives I know and follow on line believe in letting people live an let live. They may not approve of certain life styles or where some people are from but I don't see the daily harassment of different people that we are seeing from the Left. Some posters on here seem to be quite contrary without admitting the outright prejudice being exhorted by the Left.

Tolerance is just a brand that they sell to stupid children and tone-deaf snowflakes.

The only thing I won't tolerate is bully-activism. I don't even mind bone-smokers' public affection, but I do sometimes have to look away so I don't laugh insensitively.....

Last edited:

The old “you are intolerant of those who hold intolerant views” argument. A classic. Lol.

I'm not a hockey guy, I don't know Don Cherry other than he's the hockey guy who wears the funny suits and is loud. And that's his angle, he's loud, opinionated. It finally caught up to him.
I think age does matter somewhat. How many of these "older" people get in trouble because of something they say or do. As we know, and we get older we lose our filter and some say things they wouldn't had said in the past. Remember an older grandparent, aunt or uncle who would just say off the wall things and you were just told to not pay attention to them?

This has nothing to do with free speech. Free speech does not absolve you from consequences for what you say. It protects you from government prosecution and it in not even absolute. Some people love what he said. Some people hate what he said. His employer made a business decision. If you are in fact a capitalist, then you should respect his companies right to make their own HR decision based on their bottom line.

This. I don’t care which side you support in the Kaep saga or the Cherry situation... this is the point a lot of people miss.

You don’t have “freedom of speech” at work (unless you work for government but that’s not even clear). At least in the USA freedom of speech means you can’t be prosecuted by the government for what you say. It DOES NOT mean that your employer has to let you say whatever you want without consequences.

Employers absolutely have the right to fire Cherry just like they had the right to fire/not hire Kaepernick. The question is, is it the right move? If I'd have needed a declining #2 or #3 QB 2 years ago, I'd have brought Kaep in and laid it out. If he can play nice and stand for the anthem in his uniform, he can ride the pine and hope for an injury to the starter or compete for the job in camp. If he kneels/squats or embarrasses the team or the owner by his voluntary actions, he will be unemployed again.

And farther below, Lake On-tear-ee-oh, takes in whatever putrid sewer water Lake Erie can send her...

The far-left loves to use Popper as a way to prove their moral superiority and thus lack of need to be tolerant of any other view. Once again you have no idea what you're talking about ?

I was going to write something about how intolerant people are, but don't have time because I have to go to Hobby Lobby to glue the soles back on my Nike sneakers and pick up dinner at Chic-Fil-A

His employer made a business decision because they are trying to pick the side that will be most beneficial to their bottom line. It doesn't make their decision morally right anymore than the NBA with China or the NFL with Kaepernick. Freedom of speech gives us the right to complain about their decision to hopefully sway future decisions.