Joe Burrow

Hurts will obviously be going to NY barring injury.

Most likely you're right here. But Burrow controls his own destiny as to whether he joins Hurts & others in NYC. With a high profile win over Texas and a very challenging schedule remaining Burrow can get to the right combination of big wins & numbers to take home the Heisman. That we're even talking seriously about this is a testament to how hard this kid has worked and how dramatically his fortunes have changed since leaving OSU in 2018.

I know I'm rooting for him.

I'm rooting for him as well but you do have to consider the Big XII's defensive reputation. We'll see how Texas' defense fairs the rest of the season and how LSU looks against some of the better SEC teams

I'm rooting for him as well but you do have to consider the Big XII's defensive reputation. We'll see how Texas' defense fairs the rest of the season and how LSU looks against some of the better SEC teams

That's true BUT...........................the SEC is changing. Last year you had a lot more shootouts in the conference and as the SEC schools have started to throw the ball all around their defenses are suffering from the same issues that plague the Big 12 - scoring to quickly and getting gassed!

I also think what we're seeing with Burrow and the LSU passing game is real. They brought in an NFL passing expert who has helped turbocharge the Saints passing attack the last couple of seasons. Last season the LSU WR's were young. Ditto the O-line. This year these guys are more experienced and playing a lot better. It's not a fluke that LSU had THREE receivers gain over 100 yards against Texas. They are big fast guys who are all probably going to play on Sunday.

The other factor that's huge IMO is that Burrow has had a whole off season to work with the receivers and absorb the new passing game. If you look at last season, Burrow put up some amazing numbers his last 4 games including the New Years Day Bowl win against UCF.

I get it's still a long shot and any hopes of a Heisman could die a painful death in Alabama. BUT if Burrow has big games against the top tier of the SEC he's definitely going to be in the mix. Which as I said before is pretty amazing considering where he was in the late spring of 2018. I just love these types of rags to riches stories.

Haskins threw a better ball. No doubt.

I think Burrow had and has a better head, and better vision. Maybe a cooler head. He may even be faster.

I'm not sure that's true anymore Cabe. Ever since that NFL guy from the saints arrived Burrow is throwing the ball on par with Haskins.

Today, late in the 1st quarter Burrow is 9/10 for 199 yards and 3 TD's against Vanderbilt. His only incompletion was a dropped TD pass. LSU leads Vandy 28 - 7 after one period.

I'm not sure that's true anymore Cabe. Ever since that NFL guy from the saints arrived Burrow is throwing the ball on par with Haskins.

Today, late in the 1st quarter Burrow is 9/10 for 199 yards and 3 TD's against Vanderbilt. His only incompletion was a dropped TD pass. LSU leads Vandy 28 - 7 after one period.

Well, I did not watch yesterday, but last week I saw more than a few Kilmer-ball ducks. Right spot, on time, but not tight.

Like old recently getting bumped around in a Yappi thread....wobble, wobble, wobble.....

I hope he’s Burrow’s dad.
There is no one that athletic on this site. Rules of Yappi man

His dad has had the meme of the year so far

9417761.jpg

Well, I did not watch yesterday, but last week I saw more than a few Kilmer-ball ducks. Right spot, on time, but not tight.

Like old recently getting bumped around in a Yappi thread....wobble, wobble, wobble.....

That's not what I've been seeing Cabe. His arm strength is much improved and his balls are getting there fast. That also seems to be overwhelming consensus of the "experts" watching his play. Sure Burrow will never have freakish Josh Allen arm strength but it will be good enough.

IMO if Burrow does good but not great over the rest of the season he'll be a late 2nd, early 3rd round pick in the NFL draft. If he continues to put up big numbers the rest of the way he could slide into the later 1st round. He's showing he can master the wide open spread offense that the NFL currently favors.

Way to go Joe,stay the course and you will be in the Money soon...BAM!

Anyone who doesn't think Burrow can be a #1 pick should consider his performances against top flight competition - at Texas who was rated #9 and at home against Florida who was rated #7 Burrow had the following stats:

52 - 63 - 764 yards and 7 TD's & 1 INT. That's over 12 yards per attempt and over an 80% completion %. And LSU won both games. Those are simply astonishing numbers that no QB in college football can match against a similar level of competition.

Now if Burrow plays horribly over the next few games things can change. But if he plays well he's a late #1 pick IMO.

Anyone who doesn't think Burrow can be a #1 pick should consider his performances against top flight competition - at Texas who was rated #9 and at home against Florida who was rated #7 Burrow had the following stats:

52 - 63 - 764 yards and 7 TD's & 1 INT. That's over 12 yards per attempt and over an 80% completion %. And LSU won both games. Those are simply astonishing numbers that no QB in college football can match against a similar level of competition.

Now if Burrow plays horribly over the next few games things can change. But if he plays well he's a late #1 pick IMO.
Dont think he will be #1 bc unless Tua gets hurt, he will be #1. However i could easily see him being a first round pick if he keeps it up. Maybe even top 10 with teams being so QB hungry

Dont think he will be #1 bc unless Tua gets hurt, he will be #1. However i could easily see him being a first round pick if he keeps it up. Maybe even top 10 with teams being so QB hungry

My bad and you're right. I didn't mean to say he would be THE #1 pick rather that he would be picked in the first round.

If he continues to put up the numbers he's been putting up against the likes of Bama & Auburn he could move into the top 10. I believe he's already shown he's a better option then Rosen was who went at #10 in 2018.

A big advantage in the draft that Burrow has is that he's being coached up by an NFL guy in Joe Brady. From what I hear from my friend down in NO Burrow is a football workaholic. He's a film room rat and this work ethic, which can be vouched for by an NFL guy coaching him, checks off a huge intangible in the eyes of NFL GM's.

I could see a team like the Patriots moving up to take him if he slides into the 2nd half of the 1st round.

Odds he’s drafted by the Bengals?

I would think they're quite good actually. I'm reading that he's worked his way into the top 10 and if Miami is committed to Tua then Burrow is likely the 2nd QB taken.

Given the type of offense the Bengal's new coach runs Burrow could be his Goff.

I'm very happy to see Burrow do well, and I do believe he will be a first rounder in the NFL. He was not better than Haskins at the time they went head to head, though, and he transferred out. Turned out to be a good move for him, and for the Buckeyes. Fields has been a great fit and Burrow has LSU on top of the world. He's no longer a Buckeye, though, so he's now among the field that OSU must deal with in the college football playoff world, so any LSU losses...even losses due to bad games from Burrow...likely help the Buckeyes.