Moeller coach resigns

It is Moeller, but I have serious doubts about getting a premier name. At least not one from Cincy unless they shell out some serious $$$. 4 coaches in 4 years. Lofty expectations accompanied with unnecessary alumni/parental pressure.

Moeller could always call Datillo or Krause and see if they answer. McCullough at Turpin could be an intriguing option. Mike Blaut at Roger Bacon would be intriguing as well.

I’ve gone back and forth on this myself. Not sure if he would right fit or not. In my opinion this is what Moe would get. A guy that knows how to communicate with kids. He’s met my son twice. First time he showed interest, or very faked which is fine on my end, talked about sports, positions he liked at different sports, etc....just engaged with him on his level. Maybe a year later ran into him, remember my sons name and various interests. I believe that’s what is needed at that level. I don’t believe Bolden is an incredible X’s and O’s Coach, but I think he surrounds himself with very good coaches and knows how to reach these kids and parents. Hud I believe would be similar. I got a guess who would be his OC and i think the Faithful would be very pleased

he has already done a very god job at West, but there is a ceiling there and I think tonight’s game showed him that.

he has already done a very god job at West, but there is a ceiling there and I think tonight’s game showed him that.
No, he hasn't tapped into West's potential yet. It won't ever be Colerain or even the sleeping giant that has been Fairfield, but he can make the playoffs every year there and have one year in five where he contends for a regional title. The only other "sleeping giant" public school in southwest Ohio is Hamilton.

Bolden is not going to Moeller btw. Neither are Datillo or Krause.

No, he hasn't tapped into West's potential yet. It won't ever be Colerain or even the sleeping giant that has been Fairfield, but he can make the playoffs every year there and have one year in five where he contends for a regional title. The only other "sleeping giant" public school in southwest Ohio is Hamilton.

That could be the new product: insta-program. Build your program in less than a year.

Moeller could always call Datillo or Krause and see if they answer. McCullough at Turpin could be an intriguing option. Mike Blaut at Roger Bacon would be intriguing as well.
Mike Blaut, that's funny. This year is the only success he's had and that's with the best player in the state. RB hasn't really improved under him.

If they could get him to take the call Nathan Hyatt would be a solid candidate. Took two seasons off to be with family and might be
ready to return to the sidelines.

He probably is not. But he definitely has seen West’s potential and cannot be happy with just making it to the playoffs. Again I am not saying Bolden is the right fit for Moeller job but it is certainly an extremely attractive one for a coach of his caliber. Moeller wasn’t even a good team last year and beat the 3 GCL teams- West will likely never beat the top two teams in their league.

If Hue Jackson doesnt have interest, what about Moeller graduate David Wirth? I think he was successful at Badin and CovCath. If he would take it I would imagine he would stay for the long haul?

Tom Bolden should be approached and spoken to at a minimum, talk about tradition and consistent results...the guy understands how to get the most from his kids and set a high bar. I can't believe his long term plan is to stay there and his son is a QB, a position Moeller needs help at. If he is at least not approached that is a mistake.

No way Mahon leaves his alma mater after 1 year. He is getting paid $$ there.
All of these guys are getting paid well and have the STRS retirement. They also are a part of schools that have realistic expectations. Why go to a place where they want you gone if you don't win a State championship every year. Again, they forced out a coach that won them 2!!

Realistically I’d I were Moeller my Top 3 would be...

1. McCullough, Turpin
2. Hancock, Wyoming
3. Mahon, Hamilton

Bolden and Tyrell aren’t coming!

Hancock is a really good coach for Wyoming. He should consider that job esp with his QB graduating this year

All of these guys are getting paid well and have the STRS retirement. They also are a part of schools that have realistic expectations. Why go to a place where they want you gone if you don't win a State championship every year. Again, they forced out a coach that won them 2!!

Right, that is why IM saying Mahon isn't going to Moeller LOL

If they are not a person of faith they will not even be considered. Not to mention not many public school employees would consider taking the pay cut to go to private.

Agree. The STRS system is very lucrative and a huge benefit. Teaching in a private school does not afford one the benefits and pay of the publics.