"Innovative Paul Brown voted NFL’s greatest game changer"

longtime1sttime

Paul Brown’s influence on professional football has been felt for decades. He is as responsible as anyone for making it America’s most popular sport.

I don't think any other single person comes close to matching Paul Brown's impact not just on the NFL but all of football in America.

What exactly was it that he did? Saving me a google. I know he's famous but never actually knew what he was famous for other than being coach.

What exactly was it that he did? Saving me a google. I know he's famous but never actually knew what he was famous for other than being coach.
If folklore is correct, Brown popularized ideas still in use at various levels of football today such as playbooks, scouting the opposing team, film study, the "taxi squad," and IIRC, he also invented the facemask. He is thought of by many as the "Father of Modern Football."

If folklore is correct, Brown popularized ideas still in use at various levels of football today such as playbooks, scouting the opposing team, film study, the "taxi squad," and IIRC, he also invented the facemask. He is thought of by many as the "Father of Modern Football."

came in handy this week.

Must have been practically club sport before him.