State predictions?

Summit Co. Day came to the Woodridge CVNP. It helps. Ft. Loramie has improved vastly since attending the CVNP.

Summit Co. Day came to the Woodridge CVNP. It helps. Ft. Loramie has improved vastly since attending the CVNP.
Couldn’t agree more with this. Great competition on the toughest course in the state. It’s a yearly reminder on how out of shape I am trying to cheer on the kids. Love this meet though.

Most of the state champ teams bring back tough teams for next year. Up hill climb for most teams next year to knock the champions off the podium.

BAY, you are Madeira to me now.

Most of the state champ teams bring back tough teams for next year. Up hill climb for most teams next year to knock the champions off the podium.

BAY, you are Madeira to me now.
Don't forget two SW teams finished in front of SVSM. Didn't you predict that wouldn't happen?

Don't forget two SW teams finished in front of SVSM. Didn't you predict that wouldn't happen?
That doesn't break my heart. NE D2 girls looked very good. Boys could have had a better showing, but Woody got the win, so how can anyone complain.

I think the power of the regions in relation to the divisions are swayed by the schools sizes and geographics. SW has some mega sized schools but not the numbers of big schools like the central has. They also have several large private all-boys schools and much fewer for girls. Because there are so many quality D1 suburban C schools, their D2 schools are few and very weak from a depth perspective. Throw out Granville girls and Heath boys recently and D2 C is pretty sparse. NE has some big schools but also a significant number of D2 and D3 quality programs. NE is so populated that they have good numbers in all divisions without bringing in teams from other regions. NW and SE/E has very few D1 schools, some D2, but a lot of small D3 programs. NW has so many D3 and C so few that NW sends some there that should probably be NW. This goes on and on and is very interesting. The power of each region's divisions are more to do with numbers and sizes of schools than some other factor like the water or racing on a particular course.

I think the power of the regions in relation to the divisions are swayed by the schools sizes and geographics. SW has some mega sized schools but not the numbers of big schools like the central has. They also have several large private all-boys schools and much fewer for girls. Because there are so many quality D1 suburban C schools, their D2 schools are few and very weak from a depth perspective. Throw out Granville girls and Heath boys recently and D2 C is pretty sparse. NE has some big schools but also a significant number of D2 and D3 quality programs. NE is so populated that they have good numbers in all divisions without bringing in teams from other regions. NW and SE/E has very few D1 schools, some D2, but a lot of small D3 programs. NW has so many D3 and C so few that NW sends some there that should probably be NW. This goes on and on and is very interesting. The power of each region's divisions are more to do with numbers and sizes of schools than some other factor like the water or racing on a particular course.
Good observation.

I don't recall what psycho said, but I know I said Troy wouldn't put 3 teams ahead of SVSM. I do believe I was correct about that.
My bad. I thought it said two.

I confused your prediction with PD thinking the SW would start finishing around 8-10 and they ended up with two in before 8th place. Nothing to brag about but not as bad as some were thinking.

Last edited:
The problem small schools in Cincinnati have is not so much losing athletes to the big schools (which happens often enough), it's losing their quality coaches to the big mega schools.

Looking at results, it is clear that to be successful as a team, #5 is more important than #1. Pack running and helping develop #4, 5 and 6 should be emphasized during the regular season meets. Maybe not having your number 1 win a race by a minute and having him/her run back with teammates.

Back in '04 and '05 Versailles girls had 4 out of their top 7 girls with the same first name. I only remember this because Woodridge was D3 back then. i think that one of the girls on the '05 team was different than one from the '03 team. It was not a super common name. ( It was driving me nuts, so I went and looked and the name was Kristen. One of the girls spelled it different... Kristin. I just always found that odd.

This year there were only two girls at the state meet with the first name Anastasia. They finished one after the other in the same race. The odds have to be unreal for that.