Week 11: #5 Steubenville (6-3) @ #4 Aurora (10-0)

Who ya got?

• Total voters

If aurora is a passing team they have a chance, if they’re run first they won’t be able to do that against the Big red unless they have a Qb who is a freak

Aurora has an excellent defense. 47 points given up on the season. 14 of those by the JV so really giving up 3.3 points per game.

Aurora has an excellent defense. 47 points given up on the season. 14 of those by the JV so really giving up 3.3 points per game.
Excellent defensive stats. My only question is how much does the quality of competition factor into this stat. Opponents won/loss record was 38-62. Steubenville's opponents won/loss record was 61-24. Big Red's strength is their running game led by Crawford with 1903 yards in 9 games. Aurora must stop him to win.

Steubenville’s pass defense is horrendous they can’t guard their own shadows. If aurora has any kind of passing game they are in it. Steubenville runs and throws little screen passes. Their Qb struggles with the down field pass. His passing stats aren’t really how he is. He can run though. If aurora can slow down Crawford and can pass because they will have receivers wide open all night they more than likely win. Plus Steubenville’s special teams are as bad as their pass defense. The reason they run Crawford so much is their qb can’t throw downfield with any success.

Steubenville’s pass defense is horrendous they can’t guard their own shadows. If aurora has any kind of passing game they are in it. Steubenville runs and throws little screen passes. Their Qb struggles with the down field pass. His passing stats aren’t really how he is. He can run though. If aurora can slow down Crawford and can pass because they will have receivers wide open all night they more than likely win. Plus Steubenville’s special teams are as bad as their pass defense. The reason they run Crawford so much is their qb can’t throw downfield with any success.

That’s a pretty spot on assessment. If they aren’t missing extra points then they’re giving up long kick returns. If they aren’t fumbling kickoffs and punts then they’re having punts blocked.

I picked Big Red because I’ve learned to never underestimate them.

Big Red is a Solis D3 team. But they have weaknesses. Just depends on we’ll Aurora can do that.
Aurora looks to have good team speed, physical and very well coached.

I think it will be a entertaining game. Both teams in the high 30’s or low 40’s. Like 42-36 type score.
Big Red has lost to some tough teams this year.
Big Red offense is consistent but defense has limitations this year.

Physicality-??
Team Speed- ??
O/D Lines- ??
Skill Players - ??
Coaching—??
Health-??
Match-Up—??
Conditioning—??
Depth—??

The projections have Aurora winning this game.
I don’t think either team is a touchdown better than the other.

Aurora has been a good pass/run mix. They have a 6ft 5in 225 lb middle LB with excellent range. He plays the run sideline to sideline well

Like most games, it will depend on line of scrimmage play on both sides of the ball.
1. Big red needs to pressure the qb to disrupt his timing, no pressure leads to time for the receivers to find space. They did a good job vs new philly, last week was non existent.

2. Offensively, it feels like the concern is to get positive yards, forth and two is common. Any negative plays, drop pass or penalties, makes it difficult to extend the drive, so they are content to call low risk plays. In this, I agree with the philosophy, we don’t have the weapons to create space and run the more exotic downfield places.

Qb for aurora is a soph, I think, this could be an advantage for big red

That’s a pretty spot on assessment. If they aren’t missing extra points then they’re giving up long kick returns. If they aren’t fumbling kickoffs and punts then they’re having punts blocked.
I cannot disagree with this assessment. Big Red has problems pressuring the QB which exposes the secondary. Either the schemes are not what they need to be or the execution is poor...or a combination of both. There were receivers open by 20 yards over the middle against Linsly.
the special teams have improved over the year but still are not close to being a strength. We give up,field position with poor kickoffs .
Crawford is the real deal and has been a workhorse. Mitchell has improved his passing and is a threat to run.

But I like this matchup for Big Red....unlike playing a team with a strong passing game that we cannot contain.

The reason Steubenville got knocked out last season to Hubbard was all self inflicted wounds, really good Hubbard team, but they killed themselves, that seems to be how Steubenville loses when they lose