Harrison
Turpin
Xenia
Canal Winchester
Desales
Walnut Ridge [beat Independence 35-0]
Little Miami 24.85 minimum 4.65+ 20.2 currently

Winton Woods 24.3889 [Moe wins tomorrow]
Ridge may still jump up a spot, waiting on two Columbus City League finals. But everything thing else is solid!

Congrats to all teams that made the playoffs, but it is unfortunate to see Winton Woods miss out. They played a brutal schedule, beat some excellent teams and only lost three to teams that are highly ranked nationally. They would win this region, IMO, but it’s opened up to others now. Good luck to all, and congrats to WW on a 6-3 against a very tough schedule. A final RIP to DonMagicRon.

Ok, it's now time to talk about the teams that are actually IN the playoffs. We have some great week 11 games to discuss so let's get it started!

#8 Morrow Little Miami (8-2) at #1 Cincinnati LaSalle (8-2)
#7 Columbus St. Francis DeSales (8-2) at #2 Cincinnati Turpin (10-0)
#6 Canal Winchester (9-1) at #3 Harrison (9-1)
#5 Columbus Walnut Ridge (10-0) at #4 Xenia (9-1)

I'm not going to pretend to know anything about most of these teams but someone on this board knows each of these teams and how they generally play the game. Obviously LM has their hands full with LaSalle. This one shouldn't be close at all but I remember when Edgewood gave LaSalle all they wanted in a game so we'll see how it goes.

Turpin has had a great season but I don't know much about their opponent. Can someone tell us about St Francis DeSales? They seem like a pretty good team and this one could be a really good game.

I know all about my Wildcats but I know nothing about Canal Winchester. I looked at all their results but that doesn't tell me much. What kind of offense do they run? What are their strengths and weaknesses? I'd love to know more about them before Friday night.

What can anyone tell us about Xenia or Walnut Ridge? I know we have some Troy fans on here and they played Xenia so do you have anything you can tell us about them? Anyone able to fill us in on Walnut Ridge?

What is the most likely upset in this region in round one?

LaSalle wins this region. WW obviously could have given them trouble, but it’s not likely LaSalle struggles with anyone other than maybe DeSales.

I wish my squad Winton Woods was in but, such is life. I wish all the teams in the region good luck. On a final note the system is fair and should not be changed.
While I appreciate your maturity in accepting that it is fair. However, if one objectively looks at the challenging schedule that WW played It is highly unlikely another team in region 8 that could come close to handling that schedule with a winning record. It may or may not be fair but there is a defect when a team as good as WW is does not make it. To prove it just ask the question...is there ANY region 8 team willing to play WW on Friday Night in the first round of the playoffs? Put another way the number 6,7,or 8 team should be delighted to play the 9 seed in the region if they could avoid the 1,2 or 3 seed. Any coach in the region would not wish to make that change even if they could.

One team that made the DII R8 playoffs who has had no trouble handling the Lancers is St. Francis De Sales with a winning record of 7-3 all time against La Salle.

As for the Little Miami-La Salle game, there are two interesting factors in play here which revolve around two people.

One is Keith Panthing who used to be the AD at La Salle before bolting to Little Miami for the same position. He left La Salle in the lurch where we had to use an interim AD while we searched for a permanent one. We coached Jim Barre to come out of retirement and keep us moving forward. Is this payback time for La Salle to show Panthing he has a price to pay for leaving LS for LM on short notice late in the school year?

The other side of the coin is Ben Blevins, the defensive lineman for La Salle who announced he was transferring from Little Miami to La Salle after the coach at LM bolted for Hamilton last year. Hamilton did make the DI R4 playoffs this year with a 5-5 record. Is this the motivation for LM to show Blevins he never should have left LM for LS by knocking LS out of the playoffs while LM moves on.

As for the Little Miami-La Salle game, there are two interesting factors in play here which revolve around two people.

One is Keith Panthing who used to be the AD at La Salle before bolting to Little Miami for the same position. He left La Salle in the lurch where we had to use an interim AD while we searched for a permanent one. We coached Jim Barre to come out of retirement and keep us moving forward. Is this payback time for La Salle to show Panthing he has a price to pay for leaving LS for LM on short notice late in the school year?

The other side of the coin is Ben Blevins, the defensive lineman for La Salle who announced he was transferring from Little Miami to La Salle after the coach at LM bolted for Hamilton last year. Hamilton did make the DI R4 playoffs this year with a 5-5 record. Is this the motivation for LM to show Blevins he never should have left LM for LS by knocking LS out of the playoffs while LM moves on.

These are both very interesting storylines. While I believe LaSalle will win this one no problem there are things that LM does if they do them right could make the game interesting. Reder is probably the 2nd or 3rd best QB in the city. He is a dual threat who is big and strong. He is also fast. LMs offense is very explosive at times. I have seen them score 2-3 TDs in a matter of 5 minutes against decent defenses. I'm not pretending to think LM should be close to LaSalle. But if there offense is on and they can get a turnover or 2 it could get interesting.

The Blevins story line is more awesome then intriguing. The boys will want to play there heart out and show Blevins he made a mistake. However, they are all still friends and have played together since pee wee. Everyone at LM still loves Ben. I think it is cool that no matter what happens a group of seniors will get one last chance to all be on the field at the same time. That is what High School football is about.

Ok, it's now time to talk about the teams that are actually IN the playoffs. We have some great week 11 games to discuss so let's get it started!

#8 Morrow Little Miami (8-2) at #1 Cincinnati LaSalle (8-2)
#7 Columbus St. Francis DeSales (8-2) at #2 Cincinnati Turpin (10-0)
#6 Canal Winchester (9-1) at #3 Harrison (9-1)
#5 Columbus Walnut Ridge (10-0) at #4 Xenia (9-1)

I'm not going to pretend to know anything about most of these teams but someone on this board knows each of these teams and how they generally play the game. Obviously LM has their hands full with LaSalle. This one shouldn't be close at all but I remember when Edgewood gave LaSalle all they wanted in a game so we'll see how it goes.

Turpin has had a great season but I don't know much about their opponent. Can someone tell us about St Francis DeSales? They seem like a pretty good team and this one could be a really good game.

I know all about my Wildcats but I know nothing about Canal Winchester. I looked at all their results but that doesn't tell me much. What kind of offense do they run? What are their strengths and weaknesses? I'd love to know more about them before Friday night.

What can anyone tell us about Xenia or Walnut Ridge? I know we have some Troy fans on here and they played Xenia so do you have anything you can tell us about them? Anyone able to fill us in on Walnut Ridge?

What is the most likely upset in this region in round one?

Xenia relies heavily on the run. They have 2 good running backs who have over 1,000 yards. One is a bruiser and one is an elusive back. They also use the qb run a lot.
Xenia has a pretty good defense too. This is their first ever playoff game. I don’t know anything about their opponent so I can’t say how the game will turnout. Xenia beat Troy on a last minute field goal to beat them at home. I say that because Troy is simply just average this year and will likely lose their first playoff game. Xenia played an incredibly weak schedule and hasn’t really seen a good opponent yet this year. But I wouldn’t sleep on them. In the cold November weather, their defense and rushing attack could be beneficial.

One team that made the DII R8 playoffs who has had no trouble handling the Lancers is St. Francis De Sales with a winning record of 7-3 all time against La Salle.

Yeah, but La Salle is not near the same program it was the last time these teams met in 2013.