2019 Suburban League American

And a few more shoutouts:

First to Barberton. Yes, the Magics could have scheduled like they did last year. They would have finished 9-1 and skated into the post season. But what does that prove? I think the couple Haymakers the Magics landed on Massillon proved more than anything that could have been proven by beating up on Kenmore or Ellet. Five consecutive winning seasons and one league loss in the last three years. A decade ago, who would have thought that to be possible?

Highland-After starting 0-5, the Hornets rebounded to win four out of their last five to finish with a respectable 4-6 record. Easy to to pack it in after that start but the coaches and players stayed focused. Good job!

Revere-Big win over Bay to finish the season 5-5. Not bad considering the coaching staff drama.

Kent Roosevelt-To me, Kent is like Barberton was a few years ago. The Roughriders are a sleeping giant. A 5-5 record with two very close losses should give them hope for the future. I think if they give this staff a couple years, Kent will be legit contenders for the SLA.

Copley and Tallmadge-Persevere. Keep working and moving forward!

So now that the season is over for 6 out of the 7, there is one question that I wanted to ask. How would you rate the stadiums in the SLA?

1. Barberton - best because it doesn't have a track.
2. Revere
3. Copley
4. Aurora
5. Kent Roosevelt
6. Tallmadge
6. Highland

Every stadium in the league is very good. Highland and Tallmadge are at the bottom due to their distance from the field. Having an 8 lane track, a walkway in front of the stands, and two entrance walkways. It is WAY too far from the field. What made Highland a little worse than Tallmadge is the sight-lines. It is tough to see the action on the near side of the field unless you are all the way up the stands. What made Tallmadge a little worse is the tiny away stands.

So now that the season is over for 6 out of the 7, there is one question that I wanted to ask. How would you rate the stadiums in the SLA?

2. Revere
3. Copley
4. Aurora
5. Kent Roosevelt
6. Tallmadge
6. Highland

Every stadium in the league is very good. Highland and Tallmadge are at the bottom due to their distance from the field. Having an 8 lane track, a walkway in front of the stands, and two entrance walkways. It is WAY too far from the field. What made Highland a little worse than Tallmadge is the sight-lines. It is tough to see the action on the near side of the field unless you are all the way up the stands. What made Tallmadge a little worse is the tiny away stands.

I actually like Highlands stadium though the track does take the game far away from the stands, I also like Aurora and Kent. As a visitor, both Copley and Tallmadge are cramped. Revere is nice. Love Auroras concession stand also lol

My #1 feature is distance to the field. It's why Wadsworth is my favorite overall stadium. Highland did a great job with the exception of the placement of the stands. They should have looked at how Revere did it. Bring the stands right up against the fence. Those extra 30-40 feet make a difference. Especially with those stands that have multiple walk ways in the front.

Just looked on a measuring map. At Barberton, you are 30 feet from the out of bounds line in the closest seat. At Highland, you are 84 feet from the out of bounds line.

Last edited:
My #1 feature is distance to the field. It's why Wadsworth is my favorite overall stadium. Highland did a great job with the exception of the placement of the stands. They should have looked at how Revere did it. Bring the stands right up against the fence. Those extra 30-40 feet make a difference. Especially with those stands that have multiple walk ways in the front.

Just looked on a measuring map. At Barberton, you are 30 feet from the out of bounds line in the closest seat. At Highland, you are 84 feet from the out of bounds line.

I agree with you. I do like all the stadiums in the league though. Even travel isn't too bad, Aurora is a little out there for us but it's still not bad.

For Barberton, I would like to see them add some restrooms and concessions at the south end of the stadium.

Last edited by a moderator:

2. Revere
3. Copley
4. Aurora
5. Kent Roosevelt
6. Tallmadge
6. Highland

I would easily put Revere at the bottom of the list due to the incredibly poor lighting.

Agreed about the lighting at Revere. Definitely the weakest lighting of all the stadiums. Copley has the unfortunate odor problem on the visitor side. Not too bad when you are in the middle of the crowd but when you are sitting on the edge of the stands and the wind is blowing that way, it can be tough.

Agreed about the lighting at Revere. Definitely the weakest lighting of all the stadiums. Copley has the unfortunate odor problem on the visitor side. Not too bad when you are in the middle of the crowd but when you are sitting on the edge of the stands and the wind is blowing that way, it can be tough.
I noticed that at the JV game Saturday. Wow, the wind was blowing the right way.

2. Revere
3. Copley
4. Aurora
5. Kent Roosevelt
6. Tallmadge
6. Highland

1. Barberton
2. Aurora
3. Highland
4. Kent
5. Revere
6. Copley

Who has the BEST overall Athletic Programs: 2019 Winter Spring and Fall
1. Highland
2. Aurora
3. Copley
4. Barberton
5. Tallmadge
6. Kent

Anyone have access to the overall league standings? I know at one point in the past there was a website that had them.

It is frustrating how little information is out there about standings for the various sports. The only thing that is easy to find is how each team did in the state tournament.

Anyone have access to the overall league standings? I know at one point in the past there was a website that had them.

It is frustrating how little information is out there about standings for the various sports. The only thing that is easy to find is how each team did in the state tournament.

I got nothin on that, sorry