Scores from Wednesday 10/30/19 (Regional Semi-Finals)

That really is unusual. Cincinnat/Dayton accounted for 10 sectionals (or 5 districts). 1 of the districts had to move away from the Southwest. Numbers of schools must have dictated that Northwest needed to add another district. Though Milford would have to defeat St. Ignatius and possibly Medina (while Moeller-East winner would have to win a state semifinal), it's possible to have an All-Cincinnati state championship game. It's happened before in basketball (I remember St. X-Moeller playing for the title).
Ignatius and Ed's played a state basketball final even though the schools are less than 5 miles apart.

Ignatius and Ed's played a state basketball final even though the schools are less than 5 miles apart.

Right. It probably happens more in basketball as much as any. I remember Versailles and St. Henry, also league rivals, playing in a boys state championship game. Last year, two girls D4 teams from that area met in the state final. Not sure if it's ever happened in soccer. Maybe in the very first years when there was only one division.

With a cursory look, the closest I see is Northmont over Anderson in 1979 (year 3 of the tournament) and Carroll over Oak Hills in 1980 (year 4 of the tournament). Two Dayton schools over two Cincinnati schools. I know there have been times where it's been possible in D3 for Columbus schools to meet in the state finals, but it's never happened.

Thanks for all the updates last night SirStanley

It was a wet night in Ravenna.... but a very good game.

Still shocked Bay went out.... just about the last team I expected to lose last night

Matchups aside, it is unfortunate that a Cincy and Cleveland team have to play in the regional finals. Both schools will be traveling at least 2 hours. Meanwhile the rest of the D1 regions will be traveling less than an hour for their game.

Matchups aside, it is unfortunate that a Cincy and Cleveland team have to play in the regional finals. Both schools will be traveling at least 2 hours. Meanwhile the rest of the D1 regions will be traveling less than an hour for their game.

It's a legitimate point. Keep in mind that Milford was the #5 (or maybe #6) seed in Cincinnati. They're now in the state's final eight, matching the deepest tournament run in school history. First district title in maybe 15 years. The travel is definitely an inconvenience for team and fans, but I'd gladly accept it to still be playing.

As for St. Ignatius, there's nothing that team can't handle. Their excellence has been matched by their consistency. I'm actually more surprised that Medina has maintained such an amazing level for at least the past four seasons with -- to my memory -- not nearly that kind of success beforehand.

Love this time of year!

THANKS SirStanley !!!! You are awesome. I don't know how you do it but the updates are much appreciated.
You're welcome, Messiwannabe. It's all Twitter from me. Probably would be more efficient if I had an account. I do hope to be attending a game on Saturday which would prevent my updating. We'll see.

Thanks for all the updates last night SirStanley

It was a wet night in Ravenna.... but a very good game.

Still shocked Bay went out.... just about the last team I expected to lose last night

You're welcome and glad you were able to brave the elements , Salad76.

Northeast D2 did have the biggest surprises. Bay and CVCA are top notch programs (I always expect CVCA to win). I like tournaments where we don't know in advance who is going to win, so this is looking like a better than normal year.

You're welcome and glad you were able to brave the elements , Salad76.

Northeast D2 did have the biggest surprises. Bay and CVCA are top notch programs (I always expect CVCA to win). I like tournaments where we don't know in advance who is going to win, so this is looking like a better than normal year.

Almost every single year one of Bay, CVCA or Revere is in a state final.

the 3 of them being out is kind of amazing.