Week 9: Poland (6-2) at Hubbard (6-2)

Poland let's the clock run out. 28-0 Poland Halftime. About as bad of a first half the Eagles could have played. Outplayed outcoached outclassed.

Poland on a mission to run through the conference. Absolutely no excuse from Hubbard for this kind of showing. Terrible. Kudos to Poland. Better than Hubbard in every way. Best team Hubbard played this season by a long shot. May have a chance for a playoff run. Sadly the Hubbard Eagles have tapped out for the first time in a very long time. Cant even remember a regular season loss this bad.

Poland on a mission to run through the conference. Absolutely no excuse from Hubbard for this kind of showing. Terrible. Kudos to Poland. Better than Hubbard in every way. Best team Hubbard played this season by a long shot. May have a chance for a playoff run. Sadly the Hubbard Eagles have tapped out for the first time in a very long time. Cant even remember a regular season loss this bad.
Not real surprised. The sun will come up tomorrow. :)

This isn’t the same Poland team that started the season. I have to give them credit for coming together behind their young QB.

Hubbard will have their hands full with South Range next week. Range should be favored in that one.

Hubbard probably loses to Range to finish the season after tonight's showing. Good chance Poland takes it to Struthers next week as well. No one has been as good as the Bulldogs this year. Poland and Southrange probably the top two in the conference this year.

I would agree on the Poland part, South Range doesn’t really separate themself from the rest of the pack though.

Since Mooney and Struthers lost and Girard beat a 1-8 team, the Eagles may stay in the 5th position in DIV region 13.

FYI
This was Hubbard's worst regular season loss at home (35 points) since a 48-13 drubbing by Girard in 2011.
L.J. Scott was a freshman and ran the ball 9 times for 27 yards and a TD.

Last worst regular season AWAY loss was in 1993. A shutout at Champion, 49-0.

Worst PLAYOFF loss was to Cardinal Mooney, 55-0 in the 2nd round at Mollenkopf, Warren, OH in 2009.

Game was at Warren Harding. Sorry "oldtimers disease"-lol

Last edited:
FYI
This was Hubbard's worse regular season loss at home (35 points) since a 48-13 drubbing by Girard in 2011.
L.J. Scott was a freshman and ran the ball 9 times for 27 yards and a TD.

Last worst regular season AWAY loss was in 1993. A shutout at Champion, 49-0.

Worst PLAYOFF loss was to Cardinal Mooney, 55-0 in the 2nd round at YSU.
Didn't Hubbard have a lopsided playoff loss to Mooney, @ Harding?

The thing I remember from that game was how big, and dominant the Mooney lines were. D1 caliber, playing in D3, and D4. Teams had no chances

Absolutely. That was 2009. I truly believe Mooney could have won D2 and D1 that season. They were loaded everywhere with an insane offensive line.

The 2016 game at YSU was actually close until late 4th Q. I believe Hubbard was actually leading 7-6 at the half. Hubbard had a few turnovers late that led to Mooney touchdowns making the score look more lopsided than it was.