Northwest Conference 2019

dang dang dang!!! what is the most number of teams in one year to qualify for playoffs in the nwc??

dang dang dang!!! what is the most number of teams in one year to qualify for playoffs in the nwc??
For as long as I can remember, at least two were in the playoffs. Whether it was the Jefferson/Grove years. Or when LCC was in the conference. Or Crestview the past ten years with Spencerville occasionally and whoever else wanted to sneak in (Grove, Jefferson, LCC, etc).

I would say that this year, Crestview has a legit shot. They have to win tonight to make that closer to a lock. And Pasteur has Allen East at around a 75% shot to get in at 8-2. I'm predicting they both sneak in.

Good call.

Bearcats remain the leagues only unbeaten as they beat up on Ada tonight.
I know Ada struggles against the run but after watching this game tonight, really wonder what happened to Spencerville against Parkway. Bearcats running game looked real good tonight with their line controlling the line of scrimmage all night long

For as long as I can remember, at least two were in the playoffs. Whether it was the Jefferson/Grove years. Or when LCC was in the conference. Or Crestview the past ten years with Spencerville occasionally and whoever else wanted to sneak in (Grove, Jefferson, LCC, etc).

I would say that this year, Crestview has a legit shot. They have to win tonight to make that closer to a lock. And Pasteur has Allen East at around a 75% shot to get in at 8-2. I'm predicting they both sneak in.
It is worth remembering that from 2006-2017 Ada made the playoffs 11 out of 12 years.

From a quick check it looks like from 2014 through 2016 the NWC had 4 teams each year in the playoffs. Not sure if they've ever had more than 4.

I know Ada struggles against the run but after watching this game tonight, really wonder what happened to Spencerville against Parkway. Bearcats running game looked real good tonight with their line controlling the line of scrimmage all night long
ugh ugh ugh

Looks as though tonight's game at Crestview with Spencerville will likely decide if Spencerville has a legit shot at winning at least a share of the NWC (based upon current standings and opponents left). Thoughts? Did Spencerville turn the corner after their rough start to the season? I haven't seen them play at all.

Looks as though tonight's game at Crestview with Spencerville will likely decide if Spencerville has a legit shot at winning at least a share of the NWC (based upon current standings and opponents left). Thoughts? Did Spencerville turn the corner after their rough start to the season? I haven't seen them play at all.

They've certainly been playing much better and getting back to controlling the clock with their ground game. If they can do that again tonight and get good blocks up front they should be able to walk out of Convoy with the W.

Big game in Columbus Grove this weekend against Spencerville. As always I'm taking the Bulldogs but expecting another dogfight like last year. What does everyone else think or predict?

Big game in Columbus Grove this weekend against Spencerville. As always I'm taking the Bulldogs but expecting another dogfight like last year. What does everyone else think or predict?
I like Spencerville in this one. Their line came together and surprisingly, their QB was extremely accurate last week. Not something I'm used to with a Spencerville team (not that they can't throw but they hardly ever do). I think it'll be a dog fight. And Grove has everything to play for at home. But, so did Crestview last week. And Spencerville flexed and has grown at the right time.

I like Spencerville in this one. Their line came together and surprisingly, their QB was extremely accurate last week. Not something I'm used to with a Spencerville team (not that they can't throw but they hardly ever do). I think it'll be a dog fight. And Grove has everything to play for at home. But, so did Crestview last week. And Spencerville flexed and has grown at the right time.

I was trying to keep up with the score last Friday, looked like Crestview really had a chance to win that game and Spencerville came out strong in the second half. Were they better at keeping big #33 bottled up than Grove was or was it their offense that took over?

I was trying to keep up with the score last Friday, looked like Crestview really had a chance to win that game and Spencerville came out strong in the second half. Were they better at keeping big #33 bottled up than Grove was or was it their offense that took over?
They did a nice job keeping Brecht in check. However, the biggest play of the game might have been a TD returned off a kickoff right after Crestview pulled within one point in the third. It put Spencerville up 8 and then they scored again after a three and out. Spencerville went to the play action and froze our LBs/Safeties in the second half. Our weakness has been the pass game this year. They exposed it. And we weren't necessarily prepared for Spencerville to pass. They are definitely coming together as a team

Man, I wish Grove could have that Allen East game back, or at least later in the season. I knew this team was going to be good all year, but they legitimately played their toughest games of the year weeks 2-4. Oh well, Allen East has had their time coming for a while, now they just have to get it finished against Crestview for their first NWC title in a long time

I'll need your folks help in knowing which NWC teams made the playoffs in 2 weeks. I'm wanting to run the NWC & MAC Pick'em through the playoffs until all the teams have been eliminated.

I’m sure Allen East would have liked to have had Tyler Clum and Hunter Paxson Vs Grove as well.

Clum hasn’t played all year. saying he would’ve made an impact is a completely different argument than saying grove is a better team now than they were then. They’ve got the exact same roster just consistently gotten better every week

and as far as the actual game goes, Grove had over twice the offensive production of AE and played lights out defense, just gave up 5 turnovers

Man, I wish Grove could have that Allen East game back, or at least later in the season. I knew this team was going to be good all year, but they legitimately played their toughest games of the year weeks 2-4. Oh well, Allen East has had their time coming for a while, now they just have to get it finished against Crestview for their first NWC title in a long time
Allen East traditionally has a hard time against Crestview. Just as Crestview does against Spencerville. And other teams in the NWC have closer battles than should be. I would give this week a toss up with Crestview travelling to Allen East. Both teams are playing for their playoff lives, but Crestview tends to gameplan for the Mustangs well. Grove, Spencerville and Allen East may have a three way tie going into week 10 if the Knights can pull the upset.

Allen East traditionally has a hard time against Crestview. Just as Crestview does against Spencerville. And other teams in the NWC have closer battles than should be. I would give this week a toss up with Crestview travelling to Allen East. Both teams are playing for their playoff lives, but Crestview tends to gameplan for the Mustangs well. Grove, Spencerville and Allen East may have a three way tie going into week 10 if the Knights can pull the upset.

I thought Spencerville beat Allen East after they played Grove, if Crestview can get the upset wouldn't that leave Grove and Spencerville as the only two 1 loss teams in the league?

1. Allen East
4-1
7-1
1. Spencerville
4-1
5-3
1. Columbus Grove
4-1
5-3
4. Crestview
3-2
4-4

5. Paulding
2-3
3-5

5. Bluffton
2-3
4-4

7. Ada
1-4
2-6
8. Delphos Jefferson
0-5
1-7

What is the likelihood that a NWC school does not make the playoffs? I know the winner of AE and Crestview most likely gets in as it looks (a Crestview win propels them into the top 8 in region 26 and an AE win keeps them in the top 8 in region 23) BUT is there a scenario where no one goes? Can Spencerville (10) and Grove (11) get in? Crestview is sitting at 9 right now.