How much for parking?

said_aouita

Was a bit shocked with Northeastern Jim Murray Invitational (Formerly Buck Creek Invite) charging $10 for parking. Also curious if the 2000 meter Fun Run "open to the public" had an entry fee?

Does that mean everyone pays $10 to park, and gets free entry in the 2000 meter race?

I paid $5 at both the Eaton and the Fairmont meets. If the money helps the cross country programs, I'm all for it. $10 seems a little steep.

We charge $5.

As SLS alluded to, it goes towards our cross country "bucket." I agree that $10 seems high. Maybe there were other factors at play such as the park charging more for using it to host the meet? Just guessing.

Dadgum, $10 for parking at HS XC? Sounds like some entity is trying to extort what they can.

Does the $10 per car include an entry fee for all in the car? If so, it seems okay and encourages car pooling. If there is a separate entry fee in addition to the parking charge it is too high. For many meets the athletic department gets parking fees, not just cross-country. Great for those programs that get all the parking fees.

Was a bit shocked with Northeastern Jim Murray Invitational (Formerly Buck Creek Invite) charging $10 for parking. Also curious if the 2000 meter Fun Run "open to the public" had an entry fee?

Does that mean everyone pays $10 to park, and gets free entry in the 2000 meter race?

Cross Country Meet plus a Race open to the public at same location? If so possibly took advantage of more people/fans than normal showing up. 10$ per car alright unless a gate fee or ticket is also needed. If total cost for a spectator to enter a CC Meet is more than 10$ that’s totally unnecessary.

FREE PBOY!!!

If the admission price for a High School football or basketball game was $10 per car, I would be excited... and I would carpool with some other parents.
Were the coaches/schools informed of this Admission prior to the meet? I did not see this meet on baumspage as sometime meet directors put announcements like this on there. I do not have a problem with it, if they informed the public about it beforhand. I have been surprised like this and did not have enough money... and they did not take plastic... they let me park with the change I had in the ashtray.

Does the $10 per car include an entry fee for all in the car? If so, it seems okay and encourages car pooling. If there is a separate entry fee in addition to the parking charge it is too high. For many meets the athletic department gets parking fees, not just cross-country. Great for those programs that get all the parking fees.
Yes, it was $10 per car for all in in the car. Our conference charges $7 for football, soccer, volleyball, basketball, etc., so I feel it was a fair price.

If there is no admission fee being collected, $10 seems fair. It seems steep if you're a single, but it's a bargain if you have a full vehicle. If I know the money is going to the program, I don't mind paying it. XC programs have expenses, and most schools are hosting these meets in an effort to raise funds for their programs. Either carpool, or be in good enough shape to park somewhere else and walk/run to the course. If your kid is running, just take a pass on buying him or her the meet t-shirt, and you'll be square and possibly even come out ahead.

I checked the meet info. The 2K fun run was free.

So you were not there but decided to make the comment anyway. Because if you were you would have seen the fun run was free and it was announced a couple times for people to come run it if they wanted. $10 is cheaper than 2 people at any other sporting event in our conference. Cross country is one of the few events that can ever MAKE any money at their event (unless you have a large invitational). When the meet was held at buck creek since it was in a state park you are not allowed to charge an admission fee. so for 41 years this meet has lost money. The Champions Park complex has the ability to charge per individual also, so I guess you will think it is better if they charged $7 per person since that is the standard rate for an event.

So you were not there but decided to make the comment anyway. Because if you were you would have seen the fun run was free and it was announced a couple times for people to come run it if they wanted. $10 is cheaper than 2 people at any other sporting event in our conference. Cross country is one of the few events that can ever MAKE any money at their event (unless you have a large invitational). When the meet was held at buck creek since it was in a state park you are not allowed to charge an admission fee. so for 41 years this meet has lost money. The Champions Park complex has the ability to charge per individual also, so I guess you will think it is better if they charged $7 per person since that is the standard rate for an event.
Yes, I commented because it was a question. No doubt, for those interested in running it's a great deal. Why you take my original post as a negative is the question.

I think it would be better if they charged $7 for parking only, or $10 if interested in completing 2000 meters, for an additional $3.

Hope this helps.

Yes, I commented because it was a question. No doubt, for those interested in running it's a great deal. Why you take my original post as a negative is the question.

I think it would be better if they charged $7 for parking only, or $10 if interested in completing 2000 meters, for an additional $3.

Hope this helps.
So you started your comment with "Was a bit shocked with Northeastern " and your question was answered by looking all the way thru the meet info at the bottom it says fun run open to everyone.

So you started your comment with "Was a bit shocked with Northeastern " and your question was answered by looking all the way thru the meet info at the bottom it says fun run open to everyone.
I'm not the only one who's a bit surprised at a $10 entry fee, I also never looked at "meet info" on your site.

"So you were not there but decided to make the comment anyway."

Welcome to the internet, you must be new here.

At our school and others in the area that have attended there are a lot of sports that charge no admission fee. Tennis, golf, swimming, baseball, softball, non-invite track meets I not sure about lacross and gymnastics. My guess that is similar though-out the state so it is not that odd to not have to pay to park/admittance to go to a HS sporting events. It is completly up to a school if they want to charge to park. A few in NW charge for parking in the closest lots but most have places nearby that have no fee.