Incoming Hughes freshman Rayvon Griffith

Sorry, actually meant that more for taximama. To answer your question, he's a big time Hooper, so basketball is a huge (probably the biggest for him) factor. Why should he have to take classes first? My guess is that your right, that bigger offers will come and he should do whatever works for him. Kinda sad how many people question others decisions when it probably happens at their school quite often. My guess is because people's feelings get hurt when 5 star athletes don't chose their school

"He's a big time hooper...why should he have to take classes first?" How about because this is high school? The approach you are describing mimics the college recruitment process for young adults. I really don't have anything against this young man in particular and I don't actually care at all where anyone goes to high school. But I do care about keeping the transfer culture out of high school sports and preserving the traditional high school atmosphere. School started a month or so ago so I trust he settled on a basketball coach and the trickle down effect of others moving around because of his school choice has settled, I just hope he stays there now.

"He's a big time hooper...why should he have to take classes first?" How about because this is high school? The approach you are describing mimics the college recruitment process for young adults. I really don't have anything against this young man in particular and I don't actually care at all where anyone goes to high school. But I do care about keeping the transfer culture out of high school sports and preserving the traditional high school atmosphere. School started a month or so ago so I trust he settled on a basketball coach and the trickle down effect of others moving around because of his school choice has settled, I just hope he stays there now.
He never started high school, where do you get transfer from? He has a ton at stake in hoops, so he wanted to start high school somewhere else, what's the big deal, are you jealous? Coaches can leave in the summer and not sit out, why not kids? Especially one with his talent? Sorry, it irks me when people comment on a kid negatively when they don't know them or their world. I surely know nothing about him except he's a big time recruit. Kids change their minds the summer after 8th grade all the time.

. Kids change their minds the summer after 8th grade all the time.

How many of those kids "announced" (make no mistake, it was adult driven) their original decision via a press conference/youtube event?

Once again, it's adults ruining things kids get involved in. Stay off the kid's back.....

Hammer away mercilessly at the adults involved.... each and every one of them.

I'm not talking simply about the blue chippers when I say kids change their minds all the time the summer before freshman yr, heck I'm not just talking about athletes. There are average Hooper's that do it all the time . There are lacrosse, soccer, tennis track ,etc etc both boys and girls that do it all the time. Why hold elite athletes to a higher standard than others?. Nobody says anything about them its an average Joe. That is why I say jealousy. I do agree with some of your points.