Week 3: Elder vs. Clearwater Academy International(Florida)

ElderHSfan02

There should be a lot of hype for this game Friday night at The Pit. Elder is 2-0 with several D1 commits vs. 2-0 Clearwater Academy with a bunch of D1 commits themselves. They will be travelling all the way from Clearwater, Florida. Most of these recruited players from Clearwater have come down from Canada to improve their recruiting chances for football. The biggest name they have is wide receiver Ajou Ajou who has committed to Clemson. They are loaded with talent.

Located down the street from the Church of Scientology, this game will be The Catholics vs. The Scientologists.

Clearwater comes in at 2-0 blowing out their first 2 opponents.
Week 1 Clearwater 68, Immokalee 6
Week 2 Clearwater 52, Lehigh 0

Here is a breakdown of their top recruited players.
SENIORS
WR Ajou Ajou 6'3" 210, committed to Clemson
DE Akheem Mesidor 6'3" 250, 28 offers(WVU, PITT, SYRACAUSE, UCLA)
DE Geri Theodore 6'4" 235, 18 offers(IU, IA ST, UCF, MINN, UC)
DT JeJuan Sparks 6'2" 295, committed to Indiana
DE Elijah Sybblis 6'4" 235, 4 offers(Iowa St, Kansas, W. Kent, W. Mich)
RB Ludovick Choquette 5'10" 200, 4 offers(Buffalo, Colorado St, Southern Miss, Tulsa)
WR Jevaun Jacobsen 6'1" 205, 17 offers(Boise St, Buffalo, Colorado St, Illinois)
LB Johari McGregor 5'11" 210, 1 offer(Southern Miss)
OT Tyrell Lawrence 6'7" 360, 4 offers(Howard, Indiana, Tennessee, UMass)

JUNIOR
RB Brendon Barrow 5'8" 175, 5 offers(Kent St, AR-Pine Bluff, Central Mich, Coastal Carolina, Dartmouth)

SOPHOMORE
QB Luca Stanzani 5'10" 160, 2 offers(Southern Miss, USF)

My prediction. Elder takes advantage of the long travel and jumps on Clearwater early. Clearwater puts up several big plays, but in the end Elder wears them down with their depth and conditioning. Elder also will have better football players that are better coached. Hometown pride prevails and Elder hangs on 48-42

The highlights I've seen it looks like the QB has a good, accurate arm. I have no idea how Elder will try to contain Ajou Ajou at the same time have to worry about their 1-2 punch of Choquette and Barrow. Barrow has had a verified 4.4 40 time.

Thanks for the breakdown of the CA Football recruits. What do you know about the CA Coaching Staff that tells you Elder has better Coaches?

Thanks for the breakdown of the CA Football recruits. What do you know about the CA Coaching Staff that tells you Elder has better Coaches?

Experience. Elder coaches have been doing this a long time. Currin less, but Ramsey has given him high praise publicly.

There should be a lot of hype for this game Friday night at The Pit. Elder is 2-0 with several D1 commits vs. 2-0 Clearwater Academy with a bunch of D1 commits themselves. They will be travelling all the way from Clearwater, Florida. Most of these recruited players from Clearwater have come down from Canada to improve their recruiting chances for football. The biggest name they have is wide receiver Ajou Ajou who has committed to Clemson. They are loaded with talent.

Located down the street from the Church of Scientology, this game will be The Catholics vs. The Scientologists.

Clearwater comes in at 2-0 blowing out their first 2 opponents.
Week 1 Clearwater 68, Immokalee 6
Week 2 Clearwater 52, Lehigh 0

Here is a breakdown of their top recruited players.
SENIORS
WR Ajou Ajou 6'3" 210, committed to Clemson
DE Akheem Mesidor 6'3" 250, 28 offers(WVU, PITT, SYRACAUSE, UCLA)
DE Geri Theodore 6'4" 235, 18 offers(IU, IA ST, UCF, MINN, UC)
DT JeJuan Sparks 6'2" 295, committed to Indiana
DE Elijah Sybblis 6'4" 235, 4 offers(Iowa St, Kansas, W. Kent, W. Mich)
RB Ludovick Choquette 5'10" 200, 4 offers(Buffalo, Colorado St, Southern Miss, Tulsa)
WR Jevaun Jacobsen 6'1" 205, 17 offers(Boise St, Buffalo, Colorado St, Illinois)
LB Johari McGregor 5'11" 210, 1 offer(Southern Miss)
OT Tyrell Lawrence 6'7" 360, 4 offers(Howard, Indiana, Tennessee, UMass)

JUNIOR
RB Brendon Barrow 5'8" 175, 5 offers(Kent St, AR-Pine Bluff, Central Mich, Coastal Carolina, Dartmouth)

SOPHOMORE
QB Luca Stanzani 5'10" 160, 2 offers(Southern Miss, USF)

My prediction. Elder takes advantage of the long travel and jumps on Clearwater early. Clearwater puts up several big plays, but in the end Elder wears them down with their depth and conditioning. Elder also will have better football players that are better coached. Hometown pride prevails and Elder hangs on 48-42
All of this and they earn at max 2 Harbin Points. It’s not worth it.

The highlights I've seen it looks like the QB has a good, accurate arm. I have no idea how Elder will try to contain Ajou Ajou at the same time have to worry about their 1-2 punch of Choquette and Barrow. Barrow has had a verified 4.4 40 time.
The honest answer is there’s nothing they can do. If CA actually tries, then there’s going to be a running clock.

Experience. Elder coaches have been doing this a long time. Currin less, but Ramsey has given him high praise publicly.
The CA coach is only 27/28 yrs old. Ramsey has nearly been a HC longer than he’s been alive. Regardless, he doesn’t really need to “coach” this team as much as stay out of the way.

If they win, they will have a great story and memory the rest of their lives; a deep title run is even more remote. Definitely worth having this game for these kids.

If they win, they will have a great story and memory the rest of their lives; a deep title run is even more remote. Definitely worth having this game for these kids.
That makes no sense. A state title is more achievable than winning this game. No team in the state would beat CA.

What do you guys think is a better momentum play going into the Eds game: beating Cathedral in OT or getting blown out by CA? I don’t care about this game in isolation, but it has a chance to sink the season.

Thanks for proving PSRN is right! You never disappoint in that matter.
By being logical and looking at things from season long POV? There’s no logical reason to play this game.

And again, I don’t care what PSRN thinks. They’re state sponsored news. They’ll never really tell you when something is wrong with the team or program. I’m sure they’ll respond by taking some phony moralistic stance on how I’m what’s wrong with Elder. That’s fine. But how about also talking about why Elder doesn’t have a sack this yr or why there were multiple missed tackles on the perimeter that led to big plays.

I’m not going to lie or beat around the bush just so I don’t bruise anyone’s ego. I’m not like a lot of you, I can’t view things through purple colored glasses and ignore what I see in front of me. I don’t care if that earns me enemies, I only care about the program being successful.

Last edited:
And I’m trying my best to be respectful here, but everything about this game seems like an unnecessary risk that has the potential to cause more harm than good. I can’t find any logical benefit to this game, not a single one.

You guys can take shots at me all you want, that’s fine. I’m just giving my honest opinion, this is not a game they should be playing. There’s no Harbin benefit, it’s against an Internationally recruited team, and it’s a week before a legitimately important game on the road vs Eds.

I get that people want to play the angle of me advocating for cowardice, but it’s not that. If they were playing a Trinity or Warren Central, I’d understand. However, this does not make sense to me.

I can’t find any logical benefit to this game, not a single one.

For most of us, the players wanting the game is a very logical reason as we understand high school football is supposed to be about them.

For most of us, the players wanting the game is a very logical reason as we understand high school football is supposed to be about them.
Then why not just drop out of the GCL and play an National Schedule? The players don’t know how to look at things from a season long POV. The odds of playing a longer season are better w/o this game.

What do you guys think is a better momentum play going into the Eds game: beating Cathedral in OT or getting blown out by CA? I don’t care about this game in isolation, but it has a chance to sink the season.
Any momentum from the Cathedral game would be wiped out by a Week 3 bye anyways. Guess they better beat CA to keep the momentum rolling.

Any momentum from the Cathedral game would be wiped out by a Week 3 bye anyways. Guess they better beat CA to keep the momentum rolling.

I hope everyone knows, I want them to win this game. I don’t care about being right, but there’s no part of me that believes Elder will win this game. Perhaps, if CA is sluggish from the trip and doesn’t really play with much passion, Elder could keep it somewhat close. IMO, a close Loss with no injury is the best case scenario.