Clearwater Academy

FinalWord

Check out the broadcast of Clearwater Academy’s game today. Some serious athletes. Ajou Ajou is a complete stud, a true wrecking ball on defense. They won 52-0 and it could have been 100-0 if they didn’t call off the dogs in the 1st half. Their WR’s all seriously FLY and their Dline all look like they are built like former Bengals’ Dlineman Michael Johnson....some seriously big and fast boys.

Watch the postgame. They spend about 5 minutes talking about Elder and then they talk about the history of The Pit including showing a video of The Pit. They call The Pit the “Wrigley Field” of HS Football...these announcers are a hoot.

I still don’t understand why Elder scheduled this game. Even if they win, there’s almost no payoff. Add to the fact they’re playing a team of All Stars the week before going on the road at Ed’s, it’s just not worth it. But too late now.

Unless travel is a real factor, CA wins by 3-4 TDs. Hopefully, everyone stays healthy for the push the rest of the yr.

Last edited:
I still don’t understand why Elder scheduled this game. Even if they win, there’s almost no payoff. Add to the fact they’re playing a team of All Stars the week before going on the road at Ed’s, it’s just not worth it. But too late now.

Unless travel is a real factor, CA wins by 3-4 TDs. Hopefully, everyone stays healthy for the push the rest of the yr.

Relax.

I am relaxed. I saw the stream FW posted, and while the team they’re playing is bad, they’re going to be the biggest and fastest team Elder plays all year. I wouldn’t be so opposed to this if there was a real payoff, but a win nets almost nothing.

I understand wanting to play 10 games, but you’ve got to think big picture. If anyone gets hurt, it’s basically they equivalent of an NFL starter getting hurt in a Pre Season game.

I am relaxed. I saw the stream FW posted, and while the team they’re playing is bad, they’re going to be the biggest and fastest team Elder plays all year. I wouldn’t be so opposed to this if there was a real payoff, but a win nets almost nothing.

I understand wanting to play 10 games, but you’ve got to think big picture. If anyone gets hurt, it’s basically they equivalent of an NFL starter getting hurt in a Pre Season game.

Did anyone from that terrible team they played tonight get hurt? You got to get rid of the bubble wrap. They have a long bus ride and they aren't as a complete team as Elder is. The big concern I have is they have a good QB that can get the ball in Ajou Ajou hands.

Did anyone from that terrible team they played tonight get hurt? You got to get rid of the bubble wrap. They have a long bus ride and they aren't as a complete team as Elder is. The big concern I have is they have a good QB that can get the ball in Ajou Ajou hands.
Cathedral is a very good team, and the win tonight will have a real payout for Harbins come playoff time.

However, I do not believe there’s any material Harbin points in beating CA. That’s the biggest thorn in the deal for me.

How many players do they have on that team? Looks like 25. A nice collection of athletes, no doubt.

How many players do they have on that team? Looks like 25. A nice collection of athletes, no doubt.
I was hoping they’d have a tiny OL, but they’ve got two giant Tackles. I’m being 100% straight, not trying to be a negative Nancy, I just don’t see how Elder wins this game. And a loss, even a blowout wouldn’t really bother me, bc I don’t think this is reflective of the type of team they need to beat to make a run.

I was hoping they’d have a tiny OL, but they’ve got two giant Tackles. I’m being 100% straight, not trying to be a negative Nancy, I just don’t see how Elder wins this game. And a loss, even a blowout wouldn’t really bother me, bc I don’t think this is reflective of the type of team they need to beat to make a run.
Just PGIRL. Your definitely not ? straight, that much is obvious.

Last edited:
Just PGIRL. LIL BITCH.
I’m just giving an honest opinion. This is basically a team one notch below IMG. There’s no Harbins to earn, so you’re taking this risk w/o a real payoff.

All of you old guys want to believe in this “anywhere, anytime” bravado, but it’s not a logical way to approach things. It’s a long season, and the schedule is already full of great teams. It’s not about avoiding risk entirely, it’s about minimizing risk with the highest payoff.

I edited because I felt it was a little harsh.... but still deserved. I don’t entirely disagree.... but at the same time you are completely wrong. Elder has slayed giants time and time again..... if it were up to you, PBOY.... they would have turned around and ran ..... you can’t deny this.

I edited because I felt it was a little harsh.... but still deserved. I don’t entirely disagree.... but at the same time you are completely wrong. Elder has slayed giants time and time again..... if it were up to you, PBOY.... they would have turned around and ran ..... you can’t deny this.
What do they need to prove? They play Cathedral, Ed’s, and Winton Woods out of conference. Nobody could accuse them of a soft schedule.

IMO, this is just like betting $10k to possibly win $10. The risk isn’t equivalent to the reward. When they’ve beaten “giants” in the past, it’s had a major impact on their playoff seeding. The risk of playing Independence was worth it bc they went 9-1 and basically boosted them into the playoffs. This isn’t me being chicken little, it’s strictly just logic. Nothing else.

And if you’ve been on this site over a decade, I understand the hostility towards my comments. I was extremely immature and regret turning this Forum into a circus. I really do feel guilty about that.

However, I ask that you look at what I’m saying as a rational adult. I’m not trying to be a negative Nancy, I’m not saying Elder should duck every challenge, and I’m not saying I could do anyone’s job better than them. I just don’t understand the benefit in playing this game. That’s all.

CA obviously has some speed and talent! If they really only have 30 kids on the team this game with travel and everything will definitely be very interesting. The Elder D I saw last night was fundamentally sound for the most part but still awfully slow. They will need to prevent the big play especially if CA has multiple players with elite speed.

Give it a rest already.

That's fine Pboy, you've stated your piece several times in here already. The game isn't going to be cancelled so instead of complaining and hoping, let's focus on Game discussion and how Elder can take down another "giant."

That's fine Pboy, you've stated your piece several times in here already. The game isn't going to be cancelled so instead of complaining and hoping, let's focus on Game discussion and how Elder can take down another "giant."

If CA shows up ready to play, they’ll win easily. That’s not a knock on Elder, bc I think they have more talent than any team in Ohio, including Hoban.

It’s possible CA shows up and half azzes it bc these games just don’t mean as much to them, but even if they just play average, they beat E by 2-3 TDS.

It's a great opportunity for the players to go against elite competition and see where they stand. I can pretty much guarantee the players would rather play CA than either take a week off or play a mediocre team.

It's a great opportunity for the players to go against elite competition and see where they stand. I can pretty much guarantee the players would rather play CA than either take a week off or play a mediocre team.
They don’t have the ability to see the big picture. They’re playing in a meaningless game that’s only going to hurt their chances when it comes to the Post Season. What happens if Luebbe gets hurt for the yr? I know you can get hurt in any game, but isn’t more tolerable if it’s a game that actually means something? Again, that’s why I use the analogy of an NFL starter getting hurt in preseason.

These kids aren’t dumb, they know they’re not elite (most of them) based on offers or lack thereof. Nobody is going to cover Ajou, they’re just not fast enough, 99.9999% of HS Corners aren’t.

Last edited:
What is the big picture? It's high school football. This is a game the people who actually put in the work for the program want.
A deep playoff run. They don’t need this game to make it happen, in fact, it only jeopardizes their ability to do so.

Increased risk of injury, these are elite athletes, not to mention a loss is treated the same as if it were any other game.

There is a risk of injury in any game.

In terms of harbin points, if qualifying for the playoffs comes down to this game being scheduled vs not scheduled, this wasn't a team that was ever going to make a deep run anyway. They either have the talent to contend for a title or they don't.

The players want the game, and the program is ultimately supposed to be about them. Just move on and stop being your usual weird self.

There is a risk of injury in any game.

In terms of harbin points, if qualifying for the playoffs comes down to this game being scheduled vs not scheduled, this wasn't a team that was ever going to make a deep run anyway. They either have the talent to contend for a title or they don't.

The players want the game, and the program is ultimately supposed to be about them. Just move on and stop being your usual weird self.

Injuries can occur in any game, but isn’t it more tolerable to lose someone in a game of importance, that actually needs to be played.

And I don’t know if it’s fair to say that 1 game keeping them out of the playoffs means they aren’t capable of making a deep run. A 5-5 St X team won state 3 yrs ago. When you play the GCL plus WW and Eds in addition to a playoff format that makes it far easier for GMC schools to game the system, one game can mean an awful lot.

Injuries can occur in any game, but isn’t it more tolerable to lose someone in a game of importance, that actually needs to be played.

This is high school football. Most of these kids will play a couple dozen games in their entire lives. Every one is important to them.

And I don’t know if it’s fair to say that 1 game keeping them out of the playoffs means they aren’t capable of making a deep run.

They have ample opportunity to gain points with their schedule. They would likely only miss the playoffs if they go 0-4 against Ed's ; WW ; X and La Salle. If that happens, they're not title contenders.

This is high school football. Most of these kids will play a couple dozen games in their entire lives. Every one is important to them.

They have ample opportunity to gain points with their schedule. They would likely only miss the playoffs if they go 0-4 against Ed's ; WW ; X and La Salle. If that happens, they're not title contenders.

Making the playoffs and staying healthy will allow them to play more games than having a key player get hurt leading to the season tanking.

CA may be listed as D7 but if they win all their other games then Elder can still gain points from them. Miami Central came into the Pit as a nationally ranked team and snuck away with a 3-point win - thanks in part to their unbelievable kicker - against a 2-8 Elder team. Even if they do lose, it'll be a really good test. The DBs having to guard this unbelievable WR will help them for whoever St Ed's has or Lang from X who caught 3 TDs yesterday against Colerain. Their stacked DL against Elder's big recruits across the OL.

I will say that Ryle has won their last two games over Cooper and Conner. So they're sitting 2-1 with plenty of winnable games on the schedule. Nice pickup by Espelage.