Columbus South @ Linden-McKinley Postponed Due to Lack of Officials

A large part of this are so-called fans (and a few coaches) who feel free to berate the refs because "they're getting paid". Yeah, less than they would make working a shift delivering pizza. I would never consider doing it, and appreciate those who continue to stick it out.

So they didn't realize this until yesterday afternoon? Seems like they would have known there were no officials before that
I’m on the roster for the City League and we got an e-mail yesterday afternoon at 4:55 looking for an official. My guess is an official got hurt or had some sort of emergency and it was too late to find someone else. But, there are some officials who unfortunately wait until the last minute to tell an assigner they can’t work. All speculation.

Better to push it back a day and have a full crew than to play a varsity game with 4 officials.

I’m on the roster for the City League and we got an e-mail yesterday afternoon at 4:55 looking for an official. My guess is an official got hurt or had some sort of emergency and it was too late to find someone else. But, there are some officials who unfortunately wait until the last minute to tell an assigner they can’t work. All speculation.

Better to push it back a day and have a full crew than to play a varsity game with 4 officials.
Sounds to me like this was more of an issue of an official pulling out super late and it being impossible to find a replacement before kickoff (people already have Friday night plans or are reffing other games).